Ford F-150 just smacked my Dart!

-

70GT

Burnt Orange Member
Reaction score
The wife and I jumped in the Dart and ran up to the Dairy Queen for a Blizzard. On the way home we got hit! We were just sitting at a red light and WHAM, some jerk in a Ford truck rear-ends us. Argh! Our brand new paint job hasn't even had time to completely cure yet.
I have a couple of questions for you, my fellow FABO members:

1. Can my smashed in bumper be straightened out? I know for sure it will need to be re-chromed.
2. Where am I going to find 1970 tail lights? Used or new re-pops?

The body shop is going to have to massage the rear valance back into shape. It is salvageable but will need repainted.

THIS IS THE BEST PART. The idiot gets out of his truck and says, "that's a really nice Chevy." The cop gave him 2 tickets. I need to take pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

I just tried to take some pics, but it is too dark. I will have to take some tomorrow in the daylight.
Thanks for the condolences slantscamp.

What the heck is going on lately!? Sorry to hear about the car and the brand new paint. Some people are just friggen idiots.

Makes me sick hearing this.

Probably better off getting a replacement bumper,and chroming it if needed.

Do you need the complete brake lights or just the lenses ?

Man 70GT im sorry to hear about your dart, that is one sweet ride. I swear that does it! I'm not gonna drive mine till at least the end of the week. there is some bad mopar voodoo going on lately.

Man,again my worst nightmare has happened to a FABO member. Im sorry to hear this..

The wife and I jumped in the Dart and ran up to the Dairy Queen for a Blizzard. On the way home we got hit! We were just sitting at a red light and WHAM, some jerk in a Ford truck rear-ends us. Argh! Our brand new paint job hasn't even had time to completely cure yet.
I have a couple of questions for you, my fellow FABO members:

1. Can my smashed in bumper be straightened out? I know for sure it will need to be re-chromed.
2. Where am I going to find 1970 tail lights? Used or new re-pops?

The body shop is going to have to massage the rear valance back into shape. It is salvageable but will need repainted.

THIS IS THE BEST PART. The idiot gets out of his truck and says, "that's a really nice Chevy." The cop gave him 2 tickets. I need to take pictures tomorrow in the daylight.

Total Bummer! I hope everyone was ok?
The situation I'm in that would have led to an ambulance ride for 2 please & can you stop by my lawyers office on the way over?
I will check my junk yard connection today for you for complete taillight assemblies, bumper, valance, price & availability. Good luck to you. I would still check in with that lawyer today after you get your "double print" pictures done. (1 set for the lawyer!)

That's why I put collecter insurance on this year. At least I can get money to replace the parts or cars so I can stay in the hobby. Sorry to hear about your crash. Glad you kept your cool.

Sorry to hear about this. I just got the vert out of the paint shop and that scares the crap out of me. Hope the repairs work out well for you.

man that is pretty bad! sorry to hear about that 70gt. bumper will not be hard to get a replacement for or maybe straighten out. same for the rear valence. taillights are the same for a scamp so you have some more cars to pick from. need pictures to examine to see what else is needed and what was done....hope you had good insurance with good coverage!

Ouch, I hit in the rear and a kick in the nuts to top it off.

The tail lights are available repop. I dont know how they fit but thye dont have the part numbers in them like the originals.

Your probably going to need a new rear bumper to have chromed.

Having never been in an accident before, I would like some procedural advice and/or suggestions from those who have. Thank goodness the guy has insurance. Obviously I need to get some pictures today but then what? Do I just start getting estimates from body shops? Do I call his or my insurance companies? I know it sounds silly, but I just don't know.

I don't want to get screwed over by an "at fault" Chevy lover in a Ford truck. Now that the initial shock has worn off...I'm pissed!

:cussing::angry5::banghead:

do you have classic car insurance? if you do then you need to get estimates from where ever you want to go to get it fixed. your company will fix it for you as it was before and then they will go after the other guys insurance company. they will have to duke it out with your company after you get it fixed. if you have regular insurance then it can be sticky as they other guys company will try to say that they will only pay so much on an old car as they feel it is not valued as high as it needs to be in order to get it fixed back to it's pre crash condition.

what company do you use? is it classic car insurance with an agreed value?

The cop should have given the Furd Turd a third ticket for stupidity.

Sorry to hear the bad news 70GT#-o I don't know how to help you, I would get
estimates from the best body shops even if it's out of town and get some pictures up here, We have a couple good appraisers here.:read2:

I have never seen so many members have there cars hurt with in 30 day's :(

-
Back