Forum Software Upgraded

-
Just curious, how are you accessing the site? Cause it’s working fine for me

View attachment 1715991818

My other question... is this just about the member information above each post, or is there more?

I have an iPhone 8 with current standard apple phone software, no other add-one or mods.

Regarding screen real estate, it is in the overall layout of the new software. Lots of either information such as the member information above posts taking up space, or larger blank areas between information presented on the site. A way to describe the user experience would be much more scrolling to get to the same information that we use to get to on site pages compared to the prior software iteration.

Here are a couple of examples. In these screen captures.

Above is the ongoing thread, and below is the reply window that I am currently writing this to you in. You will note here is a big gap of blank space between the two areas.

Second one showed how a huge amount is of the phone screen space is taken up by stuff other than the response edit window, which is where you want max real estate to make it easier to type the message information, all the other stuff ideally would be much smaller.

A0043EF4-AED8-4F31-9687-F24650D0DF83.png

5728B962-EAD4-46A6-BB33-BE2C1E88193F.png

Last edited:
It is also about us having limited screen real estate especially on mobil phones

I noticed your screenshot was vertical. Have you tried looking at it with the phone horizontal. On my phone it looks like a miniature version of what I see on my PC.

Second one showed how a huge amount is of the phone screen space is taken up by stuff other than the response edit window, which is where you want max real estate to make it easier to type the message information, all the other stuff ideally would be much smaller.

become a gold member and much of that space will not be an issue since gold don't see ads.

Joey - here's an example of a Samsung phone screenshot. I circled the large header that has been mentioned takes too much room. It's a significant part of the whole screen. If we want info on the member who posted, the previous system just had you click on the members name.

The pic also (hopefully) shows why folks have noted its hard to decipher who said what. The place where the member at the bottom begins has little/no differentiation from the previous member's posting..

Hopefully this is helpful and could be addressed. Thx!

lumii_20220929_083230834-jpg.jpg

I saw that as well and figured it was annoying. But then just decided that the arrow attaching the post to the avatar above was all we get now. And the fact that the like emojis are there draws a line too. If you are on your computer the arrow points sideways to the user name.

Joey - here's an example of a Samsung phone screenshot. I circled the large header that has been mentioned takes too much room. It's a significant part of the whole screen. If we want info on the member who posted, the previous system just had you click on the members name.

The pic also (hopefully) shows why folks have noted its hard to decipher who said what. The place where the member at the bottom begins has little/no differentiation from the previous member's posting..

Hopefully this is helpful and could be addressed. Thx!

View attachment 1715991984

Yes, I know, and its something I plan to address..... It's a bit more involved then just changing a setting somewhere,

I feel that having all the information about the member posting is wasted space also. Just their screen name and maybe their tag line like before. Then have the ability to click on their screen name to see the other info
On my phone I had to rotate to landscape to see someone's location. Now I don't have to.

That's nice.

I agree that "joined", "messages" and "reactions" just clutters up the space.

I see that, but it doesnt work anywhere like it did before. Now you have to type in your name. Dumb. Way simpler before.
Also no prev/next or arrows at top of page.
Yes some things "might" be better, but not all changes are an upgrade.
look under 'forums'

I see that, but it doesnt work anywhere like it did before. Now you have to type in your name. Dumb. Way simpler before.
Screenshot_18.jpg

easy peasy for me...

Also no prev/next or arrows at top of page.

I still dont really understand why this is so important to some people. Please explain it to me....

I dont see the "forums" tab like you do. I am on android. Heres screenshots from my phone.
1st is phone sideways, 2nd is "normal"
As for page #'s etc, it's a convenience, trying to skip to another page, or revisit info, numerous reasons. Dunno why the benefits arent obvious?
View attachment 1715992450

easy peasy for me...

I still dont really understand why this is so important to some people. Please explain it to me....

Screenshot_20220930-205616_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220930-205628_Samsung Internet.jpg

I dont see the "forums" tab like you do. I am on android. Heres screenshots from my phone.

click the 3 dashs on the top left....
As for page #'s etc, it's a convenience, trying to skip to another page, or revisit info, numerous reasons. Dunno why the benefits arent obvious?
because when you go to a thread most people dont immediately skip to another page -

Whats the trick to posting a picture with this upgrade? I get to the point of hitting the button to make it post and nothing happens. What am I missing?

I have total empathy for you Joey!! When a website does an update/upgrade you're supposed to get tons of KUDOS on how great it is. Unfortunately ....you're not in charge of what upgrades are incorporated. I agree with a previous post, "This upgrade sucks!!!" Upgrades are supposed to "upgrade" the usuer's experience???. Normally a website will "ask" its' users what they "want" and what they "like"........but not here. The people who control the website make dramatic changes that make the "experience" less fun!!!! I for one don't like the changes and am considering leaving the forum......but I'm sure no one cares.......................and,... "That's the problem". It's suppossed to be about customer satisfaction................at
least, that's what I thought!!!

Last edited:
I'm thankful that Joey has put in the time and effort to at least cater to those that offer suggestions to make this new update more user friendly.

If I joined FABO today, I wouldn't know the differences from the two or three upgrades I've seen, disliked and gotten used to already since I've been here. But I would still be damn happy I found this source knowledge sharing related to A-bodies specifically, but also Mopar overall.

Whats the trick to posting a picture with this upgrade? I get to the point of hitting the button to make it post and nothing happens. What am I missing?

Hey RAT, after you select a photo, a small photo appears below the post box. Click on the top left of the photo and a drop down appears with two options. I always choose "full size" and the photo will move to wherever you have the cursor.

-
Back