Forum Software Upgraded

-
It "normally" works for me, but I've noticed if I haven't clicked on the alerts for a certain thread, then click on an alert, it will start me at the very beginning. Not a big deal, but now you have to scroll to the bottom to get to the advance button.

You lose a lot of people with the extra steps trying to get to the current information.

Needs to bring the latest posts up first, not last.

I am a Gold Member and have been for several years. Why am I getting ads in my private messages and at the bottom of a thread.

Its pretty obvious that this is a brand new web site and not an upgrade, so there are going to be a lot of bugs to work out of it to get it up and running like it was before.

Kind of like going from Windows 7 to the latest OS Windows 10, lots of bugs in that.

Hit the "Jump to New" button on the right hand side at the top of the thread.

Hit the "Jump to New" button on the right hand side at the top of the thread.

It's the phones where all the problems are, no jump to new buttons .

You can turn the phone sideways to get to other pages. Not interested in turning the phone sideways evertime just to get to the latest post, with added steps besides. Screen goes out of proportion turning it sideways.

Joey doesn't have access to an Android Phone, so nothing gets done about it.

I would say over half the members here use Android Phones.

You can turn the phone sideways to get to other pages. Not interested in turning the phone sideways evertime just to get to the latest post, with added steps besides. Screen goes out of proportion turning it sideways.

Uh, right at the top of the page….
AEF7C757-B4EA-4B74-98AC-8C362D36BE4D.jpeg

I'm on Iphone. I always turn mine sideways, however, in this instance, I turned it vertical. The Jump to New button is at the top of the page, right beside the Ignore button and the Watch/Unwatch button

True, a lot of Android phones. The software wasn't written for phones just modified so it can be used on them. There is only so much room on a phone screen in portrait position.

Yep, PITA scroll all the way down to the bottom to advance the pages. Stupid! Joey wants me to write a thesis to explain why page #'s and "prev/next" should be at the top also.
Dumb.
It "normally" works for me, but I've noticed if I haven't clicked on the alerts for a certain thread, then click on an alert, it will start me at the very beginning. Not a big deal, but now you have to scroll to the bottom to get to the advance button.

Here is the Android Phone layout, no "Jump to New" buttons at the top of the page.

Posted the next post, then clicked on the Recent Posts button, clicked on the thread link.

It takes you to the first post on page #1 on November 17th 2020.

2 years ago . . .

Screenshot_20221009-044451_Firefox.jpg

Same here, clicked on Recent Posts and it takes you to the first page of the selected thread.

Screenshot_20221009-045757_Firefox.jpg

Looks like it ^^^ needs a "Jump to New" button between the Ignore button and Unwatch buttons on the Android Phone layouts.

Here is what it looks like when you switch to " Desktop Veiw" on the Android phones. Too small to do anything with.

Screenshot_20221009-051131_Firefox.jpg

True, a lot of Android phones. The software wasn't written for phones just modified so it can be used on them. There is only so much room on a phone screen in portrait position.

Seems odd because everything worked just fine before upgrading the web site.

Seems odd because everything worked just fine before upgrading the web site.
All software needs to be updated sooner or later. The designers stop supporting it and soon it no longer works with new operating systems on that new phone or laptop you buy.

Here is the Android Phone layout, no "Jump to New" buttons at the top of the page.

Posted the next post, then clicked on the Recent Posts button, clicked on the thread link.

It takes you to the first post on page #1 on November 17th 2020.

2 years ago . . .

View attachment 1715995830
My android phone shows the jump to new.

Screenshot_20221009-103532_Chrome.jpg

For me, on the iphone, "jump to new" only comes up when there is new to jump to. If I've read it all already, it doesn't come up.

can you see if its that way for you?

For me, on the iphone, "jump to new" only comes up when there is new to jump to. If I've read it all already, it doesn't come up.

can you see if its that way for you?

Not for me on the Android, no Jump to New Buttons ever appear.

Thanx

Not for me on the Android, no Jump to New Buttons ever appear.

Thanx

Have you tried resetting your cache or re-launching your browser?

Because it seems like it’s not an Android issue based on the other Android users posting their screenshots.

The “jump to new” button only appears in a thread with new posts you haven’t seen, and it goes away once you’ve read the new posts.

-
Back