Forum Software Upgraded

-
Have you tried resetting your cache or re-launching your browser?

Because it seems like it’s not an Android issue based on the other Android users posting their screenshots.

The “jump to new” button only appears in a thread with new posts you haven’t seen, and it goes away once you’ve read the new posts.

Yes have cleared the cache, checked the updates on the make sure they are the most current version, cleared the phone memory and rebooted the phone.

All the things that a person checks to make sure their phone is working properly and up to date, then a person can move on to diagnosing other things as to why issues are happening or not happening.

Have you tried resetting your cache or re-launching your browser?

Because it seems like it’s not an Android issue based on the other Android users posting their screenshots.

The “jump to new” button only appears in a thread with new posts you haven’t seen, and it goes away once you’ve read the new posts.

OK, have brought up a thread that I have not looked at before and there is Jump to New tab there.

Screenshot_20221009-124554_Firefox.jpg

So that is that.

The Jump to New tab does not show on content threads that I keep going back to to read the current content. Hence the issue of starting on post page #1 when wanting the the most current post instead.

Thanx

Hence the issue of starting on post page #1 when wanting the the most current post instead.

If you have read all of the posts in that thread, it will default to the first page when you click on it. If you have not, it will take you to the page with the first content that you haven't seen, it should drop to the first post that you haven't seen

If you want to see a post on the last page that you know you have read, you have to click on the page number instead of the title.

OK, have brought up a thread that I have not looked at before and there is Jump to New tab there.

View attachment 1715995943

So that is that.

The Jump to New tab does not show on content threads that I keep going back to to read the current content. Hence the issue of starting on post page #1 when wanting the the most current post instead.

Thanx

If you start on page #1, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and use the “fast forward” icon to jump to the last page. Also, if you’re somewhere in the middle a “rewind” button on the left will take you back to page 1…

93A80226-C158-4FEB-B460-0C950BD17A7F.jpeg

If you start on page #1, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and use the “fast forward” icon to jump to the last page. Also, if you’re somewhere in the middle a “rewind” button on the left will take you back to page 1…

View attachment 1715995979

I see there is a Fast Forward button On the top of the page now when turning the phone sideways.

Maybe Joey moved them to the top now for the Androids, so that helps some. Better than having to scroll all the way to the bottom to move it forward.

Thanx

If you have read all of the posts in that thread, it will default to the first page when you click on it. If you have not, it will take you to the page with the first content that you haven't seen, it should drop to the first post that you haven't seen

If you want to see a post on the last page that you know you have read, you have to click on the page number instead of the title.

That helps to understand how it is working.

Whomever gave me the bright idea to link FABO threads on my website's 16 year old PSC Feedback page needs a slap. Every time this site updates I get 404 errors.

Oh yeah. That dumbass was ME. <whap!!!>

I just thought of something else that has gone away. Maybe it was before this update. But there used to be a link to "your attachments" when you clicked on your user name at the top. It was handy to dig up old pics you posted.

Wondering why there is an empty white box in the center of the sign in page, every time you go to sign in?

20221123_023325.jpg

Have to X out of it at every sign in.

It's like it is a box for an ad with no ad in it. It started coming up with the last rash of ads that a lot of people were getting just lately.

Gold Membership
Android Phone
Does it on both Firefox and Chrome web browsers.

Does not do it on the Desktop Computers with Firefox browser.

Wondering why there is an empty white box in the center of the sign in page, every time you go to sign in?

View attachment 1716014024

Have to X out of it at every sign in.

It's like it is a box for an ad with no ad in it. It started coming up with the last rash of ads that a lot of people were getting just lately.

Gold Membership
Android Phone
Does it on both Firefox and Chrome web browsers.

Does not do it on the Desktop Computers with Firefox browser.

Since your gold, once you login you wont see it.

Earlier there was a constipation of the website. I use a cell phone. It would not allow me to go into the threads but it would open up the first page.

Sometimes when an ignored member posts it still shows up but states "you are ignoring content by this member". Other times it is like it used to be where it just doesn't show anything at all. I prefer the latter.

As you can probably tell, we upgraded the forum software today.

Overally, the site works the same as before, but there are some slight changes. If you have any questions please ask them here. If you see anything wrong, not working or missing, please post about it here.

Thanks for your patience guys!
I cannot delete messages no matter what I try. The website is missing buttons or something for the delete function. Since it's saying I am maxed out at 15 messages (which I didn't know about) I have to delete some of them. Also, I am seeing way way too many popup ads that are quite annoying.

I cannot delete messages no matter what I try. The website is missing buttons or something for the delete function. Since it's saying I am maxed out at 15 messages (which I didn't know about) I have to delete some of them. Also, I am seeing way way too many popup ads that are quite annoying.

Screenshot_20221124-062555_Firefox.jpg

28FF48FC-5280-48BC-BDDC-E39F5E5C61CB.jpeg

D4F38AE4-61FE-40E3-AB2F-533EF8E95C3B.jpeg

C82CF42F-EA17-463E-B25C-833673AFD9CB.jpeg

I'm getting bombed by ads now on phone chrome on phone. New software change any ad choices? I see this 8 times in a thread and I don't know where it came from. I'm not an anime fan so I can't believe it's tailored to me...? Flagged it as inappropriate about 6 times ...

Screenshot_20221126_151544_Chrome.jpg

changed ad choices to ON so maybe no more anime...

Last edited:
Hey at least he was polite....he asked her twice!
I'm getting bombed by ads now on phone chrome on phone. New software change any ad choices? I see this 8 times in a thread and I don't know where it came from. I'm not an anime fan so I can't believe it's tailored to me...? Flagged it as inappropriate about 6 times ...

View attachment 1716015572

The title of this thread is about as inaccurate a description as I have ever read.

https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN

Try this link and it should take you to an opt out page, select all and hit enter most will register as complete with a few outliers that will say temporarily unavailable....criteo is the Japanese **** ad company and its one that says temporarily unavailable but 156 others were flagged as opted out

https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN

Try this link and it should take you to an opt out page, select all and hit enter most will register as complete with a few outliers that will say temporarily unavailable....criteo is the Japanese **** ad company and its one that says temporarily unavailable but 156 others were flagged as opted out

Thank you!!! I have 11 stragglers but almost 200 are gone!

@Joeychgo - it's not a big thing, but a lot of people seem to be having issues with "The Big Red X" being located right below the "Reply" button. I can see this being an issue, especially on phones and having fat fingers... Maybe realigning things into a single level would help?

-
Back