Found a Source for 10” rear drums with 1-3/4” shoe

-
The 2 I ordered from Rock Auto got delivered by FedEx today. In fact, the outer shipping box was from Centrix. Anyway, these are the real deal. Thought I'd pass along the info.

* Don helped me out big time!
Picked them up at the storage place this morning.
Thanks again Don!

I have done a search for this part number on a few websites..
Some say it's compatible with a '67 Dodge Dart, others say it's not.
I've verified with my mechanic that it's a 10" drum, but other than that, can anyone verify that it fits a '67 Dart Convertible?
Need brakes soon. :)

I have done a search for this part number on a few websites..
Some say it's compatible with a '67 Dodge Dart, others say it's not.
I've verified with my mechanic that it's a 10" drum, but other than that, can anyone verify that it fits a '67 Dart Convertible?
Need brakes soon. :)

Yes if you have original small bolt then these are the correct ones for you.

I talked to the technical group at Centric to verify this number, 123.63044, was correct for the 10" x 1 3/4" drum with 4" bolt circle. The guy said yes and the specs on the web page were incorrect. So I ordered a set from the local parts place after telling him I checked. I just went to pick them up and check the size on them. NOPE 2 1/8" wide drums. They have that exact number stamped on the drum. I will be calling Centric again.

I've got good news for you. You have the right drums.

I went out to check my drums just to verify. The "friction surface" on my drum is 2-1/8" wide. The friction surface on the drum has to be a little wider than the brake shoe width of 1-3/4". In this case, you have 3/16" clear on each side.

You're good to go -- or stop, as the case may be.

Well I took the drums home to try one and it fits! Guess the different design thru me off. Great. Thanks for the info and checking.

I just started to find all of the parts for my 8 3/4 build. Tried to locate the rear 10 inch drums, but could not find them anywhere including Rock Auto. Finally, asked the parts guy at O 'Reillys. The web site I checked did not show 10 SBP drums, but he located them easily and had them shipped in the next day. They look good, but won't know for sure on the fit until I go to the shop on Saturday. The measurements look good.
He told me to pass the word along about the availabilty of these drums. So if anyone is interested, they can get them for $ 49.00 each under Best Brake Select brand , part # BBR 2932d6s. Larry

OK, as of today, I've checked out availability of the C-Tek drums and the Best Brakes drums....no go on both, so where can I get new brake drums for my 8 3/4 rear, 10 x 1.75" brakes now?

It is still interesting that many parts houses don't clearly list this drum. First of all remember that the C-Tek number is for a SBP. So if you have SBP drums, call Centric directly and ask them for a retailer in your area that they ship to. Centric's phone number is in the original post.

I just noticed you're from Canada, I'd still call Centric directly. However, many people have got these drums from RockAuto. You could call RockAuto and insist on that number, regardless of what is posted on their Website.

If you still have trouble, contact me and I'll do some checking on my end. Good luck.

View attachment 1714773399

View attachment 1714773404

I bought a 1967 Barracuda off eBay with the back brakes very neglected. The rivets on one of the brake shoes had become exposed and badly gored the rear drum. My rear brakes are 10” x 1-3/4” with a SBP. After ordering the wrong drum twice, I decided to do more careful investigation.

I discovered from this site that those drums were no longer made. A couple of guys know these are rare and are charging about $240 on eBay and Amazon. Most of the parts houses listed a Centric “premium” drum, Model 122.63044, that looked correct. But nobody had them.

So I looked up Centric’s phone number and called them in Southern California. I was going to tell them there was a demand for these drums, and they should make some more -- it doesn‘t hurt to ask. The drums are actually made in China. The lady that answered the phone said that drum was no longer made, but they have replaced by a “standard” drum, C-tek #123.63044. They had them in stock.

I told her that none of the distributors even knew about this drum, and what could I do? She ask my zip code and gave me the phone number of a Fast Undercar shop (a West Coast franchise) in Fresno. I called the guy on Wednesday and picked up two drums on Thursday. Cost was $69 + tax (each) and I didn’t need to pay any shipping.

There is a major communications gap between Centric and all the parts suppliers. An email from RockAuto said that Centric had not furnished them that part number, and they couldn’t special order them -- go figure. If you can’t get your supplier to furnish these, have them call Centric and use that part number. Or call Centric yourself at 800-758-3004 and ask for a supplier in your area.

Do NOT assume there is an infinite source of these drums. If you need them, get them soon.

I waited to post this before I actually confirmed they fit on the car. They do fit -- tight as a drum.
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THIS POST!!!! rock auto is out today no replen date... did scoop 2 off ebay.... i think i may get a 20ft container load for future sales....and stock em up...

OK, as of today, I've checked out availability of the C-Tek drums and the Best Brakes drums....no go on both, so where can I get new brake drums for my 8 3/4 rear, 10 x 1.75" brakes now?

type the part number in on ebay.... a guy in jersey has maybe 1 or 2 left... rock was out so i scooped up two before they were gone on ebay one from a guy in arizona and the other from jersey..... maybe we can get enough peeps together to order a small shipping container direct....20 foot container not the 40 or 53... thoughts? these would be an asset for the future

On the Western Coastline, Fast Undercar auto parts chain . Their primary brake supplier is Centric, might try them as well.

I called Centric today and the lady confirmed that they do NOT have any in inventory at this time. She did say that more of these drums have been ordered, but there is no firm shipping date. Try again at the end of June.

Supposed to get a pair in Friday from Rockauto. I'll let ya' know.

Centric 123.63044 10 inch rear 5x4 bp are plentifull on ebay again and i am guessing rock auto also, better stock up if you missed last round of stock!!!!!!!!!! they are on ebay for @ 43 total per..... rock auto may have them also....

Supposed to get a pair in Friday from Rockauto. I'll let ya' know.

Got them in from RockAuto this afternoon. Should work fine when I add some holes.

New is about .060" thinner than the old.
Inside casting surface is rough.
Register is tight on an old driver side axle.

Attachments

• Drum4.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 662
  • Drum3.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 662
  • Drum5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 704
  • Drum1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 686
  • Drum2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 669
this thread is a life saver. i see they are up to $53 bucks now on ebay, but still a good deal.

added to watch list, i may need to get a pair.

He told me to pass the word along about the availabilty of these drums. So if anyone is interested, they can get them for $ 49.00 each under Best Brake Select brand , part # BBR 2932d6s. Larry
Just ordered (2) from O'reillys. Yes 49 ea + tax no shipping charges. on the part # the (6) is actually a (g)

Just received 2 drums from RockAuto yesterday 12/24. The drums were $30/ea with $8 for shipping. Dang things were scheduled to come in 12/28, but showed up 4 days earlier.
Amazing during the Christmas season. Now to get the 4.5" hole pattern drilled. I have a pair of the the factory 10" "Darth Vader" looking drums. Wanted to get them turned to clean them up. After going to 5 shops including Sun Devil Auto, Greulichs, O'reillys, no one could turn them with the the current shop equipment, or their equipment was broken. Buy new for $30 each, or pay $20 each to turn them.....Hmmm

Just received 2 drums from RockAuto yesterday 12/24. The drums were $30/ea with $8 for shipping. Dang things were scheduled to come in 12/28, but showed up 4 days earlier.
Amazing during the Christmas season. Now to get the 4.5" hole pattern drilled. I have a pair of the the factory 10" "Darth Vader" looking drums. Wanted to get them turned to clean them up. After going to 5 shops including Sun Devil Auto, Greulichs, O'reillys, no one could turn them with the the current shop equipment, or their equipment was broken. Buy new for $30 each, or pay $20 each to turn them.....Hmmm
How are you planning to drill those for the 4.5 pattern?

I have a 10" drum with the 4.5" pattern from a B body. Invert the B body drum over the 4" pattern drum, center the middle hole. The 4.5" B body drum with a larger center hole, easy to have the center holes concentric, and have the new stud holes 1/2 way between the 4" holes. Hole pattern will look like this.

Attachments

• 4 & 4.5 hole patterns in drum.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 520
-
Back