Found another one!

-
Tommy,
Seriously you win best find ever for $1400. Texans have all the luck. No gunlaws, no rust, Rick Perry and now this. Makes me want to move back to Copperas Cove.

Dan

Tommy,
Seriously you win best find ever for $1400. Texans have all the luck. No gunlaws, no rust, Rick Perry and now this. Makes me want to move back to Copperas Cove.

Dan

Man, I haven't been to Cove in quite a while, but I bet its still spilling over with Ft Hood guys...

Got the raggedy old vinyl top off today, and drove the swinger around the yard. Need to fix the rust holes in the C-pillars ASAP. I haven't found anyone that makes patch panels, so I guess I'll have to make them from scratch or fill the holes with bondo.

Sorry jmarshall97, thats not it, wish it was! c-pillar panels are apparently not being made, so looks like I'll be improvising. Its funny though, AMD makes the filler panel between the trunk and back glass, but not the corners where the roof, glass, and fender all meet, a major problem area on all vinyl roof Mopars.

Tommy J
Houston Tx

Hey Tommy, sorry I haven't gotten that carb shipped-I've been uber busy-I'll get a box tomorrow if I get off work with enough time to ship out

Thanks rlevs! Jeff, no rush my friend, I got married and just returned from my honeymoon, so I'm just getting started on the car. Thanks!!

Tj

No worries Spike-my brother was stationed there for a couple years from 93-96...and I grew up just about 30 min away. Now I'm stationed at Dyess AFB and about to PCS to Hickam.

IMG_20130609_181626_900.jpg

Well I got the rest of the vinyl roof off, and the pictures above show the cancer. I will end up having to do the repairs in stages, just not enough money to do two cars at once. Ordered all new wiring under the hood from Bill Evans at evanswiring.com today, and picked up a nice carb from txstang84. Will have some updates on the Dart (Madonna) and the Demon (Paymon) next week. Gotta get to work this week!

Tj

Yummy...looks a little like my blue Scamp...is that the only bad rust, or is there more?

That is the only rust on the entire car, floor pans are perfect, even the rear quarters behind the wheels is solid. I haven't had any time to work on it in several days, she's sitting in the driveway with plastic trash bags taped over her spots, and this week isn't looking good either... :-(

Tommy J.

Madonna (like a virgin) still sits in the driveway while I focus on my 71 Demon 340 build. The Demon has been one setback after another, and I may have to sacrifice Madonna to get the parts I need. :-(

Not much time with the Dart, been busy with the Demon, but I did find out why it was quickly overheating when we start it. We could not get the water to circulate no matter what, even under pressure at the thermostat housing, water wouldn't go through the motor. Apparently, some of our local bees made a nest inside of the water pump, we have gotten several wads of wax from the lower hose. New water pump came in this week, may try to swap it in on Sunday, and take the Dart for a drive. I really hope the head gaskets are ok...

I would say as long as you weren't letting it sit there and cook for more than a couple minutes, they'll probably be ok...only one way to find out I suppose and you'll find out quick enough after filling it with water and letting it run for a few minutes. I'd almost be willing to bet it's OK though.

ultanium,
My Dart was mostly disassembled when I bought it and the clips that hold the lower trim around the c-pillar and bottom of the rear glass are gone. When you get to it, would you mind posting some pictures of what they look like and where they are located for a reference? Thanks, L8r

No problem at all, glad to help. Might be a week or two, I am slammed with work and trying to keep up with demand.

Tj

Got a few minutes to work on the Dart today, replacing the kaput headlight switch, when I got the shock of the day. Taped to the turn signal harness, with black cloth tape, up under the dash, was part of the build sheet. It is just the top of the page with a partial VIN, but I never knew they ever stuck them under there.

Tj

-
Back