Found dog tags in fender

-

72Ruster

Reaction score
So I noticed it a while back while looking through the massive rust hole in my fender that there was something stuck in there. Looked interesting so I dug it out. It's the dog tags for a Scott E Page. I blurred the SSN out to protect their identity. Car is a West Coast car that was originally an orange, inline 6. It would be pretty sweet to find the owner as I'm military as well. Thought this was cool and worth a share. Enjoy!

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2153.jpeg

So I noticed it a while back while looking through the massive rust hole in my fender that there was something stuck in there. Looked interesting so I dug it out. It's the dog tags for a Scott E Page. I blurred the SSN out to protect their identity. Car is a West Coast car that was originally an orange, inline 6. It would be pretty sweet to find the owner as I'm military as well. Thought this was cool and worth a share. Enjoy!

View attachment 1715571291

View attachment 1715571292

View attachment 1715571293
See if you can find him and return them to him or the family.

Dude, that is crazy! Doesnt have the gas mask size or branch so its old. IIRC the first 3 digits of a SSN are related to your application area, and if its not 9 digits its really a DOD serial number and not a social security number

IIRC the first 3 digits of a SSN are related to your application area, and if its not 9 digits its really a DOD serial number and not a social security number

Correct
That's why my inlaws SSNs are all consecutive

The SSN is listed as being issued in Utah in the 60s. Been sending messages to everyone I can find on facebook with the same name

look up first 3 digits and find region and then start looking for Scott E. Page from xxxxxx, USA

hint: 566 is Orange County, Ca.

^^^ sounds like you got it ^^^^^

He was religious as well, so you could also reach out to Southern Baptist congregations in that area to see if anyone knows or remembers him.

He was religious as well, so you could also reach out to Southern Baptist congregations in that area to see if anyone knows or remembers him.

Wouldnt that more likely be morman in utah ??

Contact your local Veterans Administration & give them the information on the tags & also your contact information for the family to contact you. Whatever you do, DO NOT give the VA the tags, they will be lost by the people working there & you will never know if they reached the family.

Contact your local Veterans Administration & give them the information on the tags & also your contact information for the family to contact you. Whatever you do, DO NOT give the VA the tags, they will be lost by the people working there & you will never know if they reached the family.
For sure won't be handing them over to anyone but the owner or family. I'm military so know to deal with the VA only when absolutely necessary.

Cool thread.
One has to wonder how they ended up there in the first place..........
There was some other junk down in the fender cubby hole so probably just fell out of a bag and slid into the slot.

Leaves and things that go through the cowl vent can end up behind dog leg portion of front fenders. You didn't say front or rear.

-
Back