-
Status
Not open for further replies.
great find

the grille could be original
the shark grille was an option
as the wheel and deluxe interior

wash it and we need more pics and vids

That is a great find and such amazing shape. Wish I could get my hands on a 340.

Amazing to find one in that shape...it runs and drives so I would clean it up and take it for a spin. Congratulations on that find.

Yep, they're still out there!
Great score.
I can't wait for the clean up pics.....

That totally PISSES me off!!!! Only because I'm rolling on the floor kicking and screaming...Why can't that be ME!!! Congrats man!! You are one lucky Bast**rd!! Please keep us posted with lots of pic's so I can bang my head against the wall!! lol.. Craig.

He hit a pig and went under a barbed wire fence in 1976 and replaced the grill but still has the broken one as well as the original carb that I get with it. All he did was bust the grille and scratched the front of it as seen in the pics. The only reason I found out about is my brothers wife's step dad owns it. It started right up. I'm going to clean it up and leave it for a while. They are only original once. It has 72,000 I think on it. Yes it has the deluxe interior and has head rests. I never knew the fender turn signal lights was painted?

Great decision to keep it original. Take your time a clean it correctly so as not to disturb original assembly items (tags, and paint marks). Keep all the original service items also (belts, hoses). It will make a great reference vehicle and a great weekend cruiser. I would also obtain as much documentation as possible from the original owner, even written statements as to the history of the car.

Great decision to keep it original. Take your time a clean it correctly so as not to disturb original assembly items (tags, and paint marks). Keep all the original service items also (belts, hoses). It will make a great reference vehicle and a great weekend cruiser. I would also obtain as much documentation as possible from the original owner, even written statements as to the history of the car.
That sounds like a great idea!!! Then sell it to me cheap!! LOL..

I didn't see a for sale price? I WILL assume your trying to sell it since its listed under " MOPAR AUTOMOBILES FOR SALE ". So whats the price??

It`s for sale and I am buying it, thanks though! Mods can feel free to change it though if it is bothering you.........So far 1 person has something negative to say so far so that isn`t so bad huh? IF I ever sell it , 8 grand, Cheers!

Nothing negative about that Duster! All POSITIVE!!! If something like that was found up here,it most likely would be rotted into the ground.Just makes me want to move to the U.S.A. even more when I here of these terrific finds!! Bloody good on you!!!

It`s for sale and I am buying it, thanks though! Mods can feel free to change it though if it is bothering you.........So far 1 person has something negative to say so far so that isn`t so bad huh? IF I ever sell it , 8 grand, Cheers!

cash or trades i ve got both

How did you get that this was something negative .Most people who are looking to buy a car look in this section to see what people are SELLING not what they just bought. I thought you were re-selling the car that you bought and forgot to list a price .....Wouldn't be the first time that's happened. cool find regardless...hope to see the progress of the restoration someday under "Members Restoration."

Thanks for the update on its 1970 grille :)

Body-colour fender-mount turn signals seem to be a 1970-1971 deal . I'm not sure if all of them were body-colour in those years , as I've only owned '72 - '74 Darts / Dusters , and all of those had the chrome signals .
Perhaps it had something to do with :

- Trim Level ( Deluxe Interior and/or drip trough mouldings )
- Supplier ( maybe one supplier offered only bare metal versions , which ended up being painted with the car ; another supplier had theirs chrome plated )
- Assembly Plant Variations ( L.A. had chrome , whereas Hamtramck had body colour )

I've only seen but maybe 3 "A" bodies with body-colour fender-mount turn signal bodies
( and , yes , I can recall each one in my clouded memory :) ) :
- F8 Green 1970 Valiant
- B7 Blue 1971 Duster 340
- E5 Red 1970 Valiant in "Duel" ( there were 3 different years' of Valiants used in "Duel" : 1970 with a 318 ; 1971 with a 225 ; 1972 with a 225 ).

Never-the-less ...
I agree with everyone here : just clean 'er up , document every inch of the car , and keep 'er original !

Oh , and pics ASAP !! I'd love to see its fender tag .

My older brother bought a brand new 71 Duster 340 back in the day. It was curious yellow with the V09 option. It was very cool like yours. Good Luck!

He hit a pig and went under a barbed wire fence in 1976 and replaced the grill but still has the broken one as well as the original carb that I get with it. All he did was bust the grille and scratched the front of it as seen in the pics. The only reason I found out about is my brothers wife's step dad owns it. It started right up. I'm going to clean it up and leave it for a while. They are only original once. It has 72,000 I think on it. Yes it has the deluxe interior and has head rests. I never knew the fender turn signal lights was painted?

I have been able to start vehicles that have been in storage a very long time with a little gas poured down the carb to get and keep them running. And in two cases, once for an old Cadillac and once for an Imperial got them to continue running on the old gas in the tank. ( 7-10 yrs) I don't recommend it but it demonstrates the difference between old gas and the crap they sell us now, which starts to break down in about 30 days and will be worthless after a few months. I had a 360 motor in a boat, which was stored for only 4 years and bent two valves on start up with what the gas did to the valve seats. It was like loctite. The machinist and I shook our heads in disbelief.
But I digress.
Great find and best of luck with whatever path you choose for this car.

Well...........you just found this 340............ and it looks just like the one that I lost last week.............Thank you so much for finding it..........when can I come pick it up? =P~
Daryl

Well...........you just found this 340............ and it looks just like the one that I lost last week.............Thank you so much for finding it..........when can I come pick it up? =P~
Daryl

daryl it will be at my house by the time you read this lol

Amazing find!!! Keep it all original. Their only original once. Don't restore it unless it's a must. You need to post more pictures. I don't think I ever seen a painted top on a Duster. I love the pattern of the seat material too.

Lucky B*#%$&@

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back