frame rail caps

-

74demon

Reaction score
Question for you guys who have done this to there a bodys i have recently installed them on both left and right frame question is how strong are they i plan to have alot hp still using a leaf spring setup?

I wouldn't put them on a high HP car. I'd replace them with a factory rail.

I got one of those caps with a car I bought. I use it as a door stop.

i bought one from the paddock and when i got it in the mail i about fell out!!!! i could have made a better cap from an old hood and a hammer!!!! the worst thing i've ever waisted my money on!!!! find a good doner car and fix it right you'll live longer with it!!!!

Try crackedback he has alot of Duster parts for sale he recently had a completely dissassembled Duster on here to include good frame rails.

another question if i go coil over is that gonna be ok or still gonna have a rear frame issue ?

Depends on how big of a tire you want to run. If you are going to put big tubs in it, just back half the car. If you are mini tubbing, then stock rails are an option.

You can use the stock rails if going coil over/ladder/4 link in the rear. The crossmember needs to be installed and reinforced properly.

im just trying to figure out what to do here im at a critical point if nothing else i will start my search for a 62 dart 2 door post

i have in staled it and they are SOLID when i hit them with a 5lb hammer you can just here its solid really what i need to know is there anyone who has used these and can prove that they do not work?

I used them.I was disapionted in their quality. all they are is fabricated caps with no flanges to atatch to the floor. i had to weld on my own. It came out structuraly sound but i would not buy them again.I would build my own or better yet find pieces from a doner car

but do you think once there in and in good that they will hold up .. i put welds on all edges there is no gap between it and the frame i mean this thing is in there good but i worry about what it will do wit hp and tq behind it because i really want to keep my leaf setup

i am pretty confided in my work i guess i will stand up and be a ginni pig for any one who has same issue lol

Bought a frame rail cap ( Safety cap from Rhode Island ) . I am happy with the item. Heavy gage steel, Fit and finish is #1, welded in very easy and nice. The part I replaced was left side, where it starts to bend up into the wheel well

on mine i had to put them right after the hump or what ever you want to call it all way up to where the bumper and frame meet

I used them.I was disapionted in their quality. all they are is fabricated caps with no flanges to atatch to the floor. i had to weld on my own. It came out structuraly sound but i would not buy them again.I would build my own or better yet find pieces from a doner car

didn't think they needed flanges. i was told you cut all but about an inch of the frame out and they slide over (not all the way to the floor) and you weld them there.

Mine did need the flanges. i had to replace the back 3 feet on both sides and the cross beem. i gues they arent all rotted the same. I told myself a thousand times mine should have been put in a crusher but it shure felt good last weekend at the nationals when lots of people said nice barracuda or when we were on the road they give you a thums up

Copy (2) of P1000421 (Medium).JPG

-
Back