Front hanger spacers

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Are these common? I need about 1/4 inch more clearance from the front lip of the rear fender on my 8 3/4 rear 65 with these big 235/75R15 series tires so I am going to get a 1/4 plate and just use them as a spacer in front of the front hanger. I know it'll move the driveshaft out 1/4" but I got room as its only 5/8 out as it stands now. Do the hanger studs have that range? My tire is about 2mm from the edge of the rocker now at full extension (frame up on jackstands and tire is clear of ground) and it looks to be about as close as it will get. If I lower it the clearance will get larger as the tire will be farther up in the well and the tire centerline will be higher than that interference point. What is minimum clearance for a tire there? do they expand a little at speed? (kinda doubt it as they are steel belted but who knows). Thanks.
20211030_110129-jpg.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why do you want a 75 ratio tire?

They make spacers, or you can make your own. I don't know what the limit would be because of the possible "leverage" action on the studs. But I'd reinforce the opposite side as well.

As for clearance, remember that acceleration, bumps, turns, etc. will all have a bearing on needed clearances. So even if the static clearance looks good, the suspension dynamics may require more.

Drag slicks tend to grow. Street tires wouldn't have any growth concerns, even with moderate air pressure variations. But they may distort a bit during hard driving/turns. Your 235/75R don't look too worn, so eventually installing new, fully treaded (unworn) tires shouldn't be a problem.

Reinforcement plates, A/E body | AR Engineering

They make spacers, or you can make your own. I don't know what the limit would be bEcause of the possible "leverage" action on the studs. But I'd reinforce the opposite side as well.

As for clearance, remember that acceleration, bumps, turns, etc. will all have a bearing on needed clearances.Zo even if the static clearance looks good, the suspension dynamics may require more.

Drag slicks tend to grow. Street tires wouldn't have any growth concerns, even with moderate air pressure variations. But they may distort a bit during hard driving/turns. Your 235/75R don't look too worn, so eventually installing new, fully treaded (unworn) tires shouldn't be a problem.

Reinforcement plates, A/E body | AR Engineering
Who makes the spacers?

I did this on my Challenger and didn't trust that the stock bolts were long enough.
I agree with adding washers for support. I check the bolts from time to time and no problems so far.
Are you trying to compensate for too much rear gear?

Just out of curiosity, why do you want a 75 ratio tire?
The smaller ones looked stupid back there.....I have a 2.93 rear for the turbo 6 and 3.55's for the 403. This tire really fills the well and gives me back the 80's rake (and clearance) I wanted with the skinnies up front.

AR Engineering. I must have added the link while you were typing because I posted before putting it in.:BangHead:
I think so too. I was enquiring on the spacers, not the reinforcement plates.

The reinforcement plates, yes. Spacers…..

View attachment 1715818852
I am really starting to wonder about you. :poke::lol: Let me learn you something, you move the front springs rearward so goes the wheels and tires. There is a huge difference in how it looks when the rear wheels are rearward even a half inch. I full side view of the car you posted a picture of the spacers would be appreciated. Oh never mind. I don't have the time for such nonsense.

I am really starting to wonder about you. :poke::lol: Let me learn you something, you move the front springs rearward so goes the wheels and tires. There is a huge difference in how it looks when the rear wheels are rearward even a half inch. I full side view of the car you posted a picture of the spacers would be appreciated. Oh never mind. I don't have the time for such nonsense.
OK, I asked a question that has not be answered.
Ready?

here it is….

“Who makes the spacers?”

Now how have YOU answered that question?
Everything you have posted with my quotes question me on…. What now?

You asked me for a picture of the side of a car.
Who’s car? Mine? Did you assume I was doing a mod to my car? Even if it is so, why are YOU worried about what I’m doing to my car? Why do YOU want to know? Also, what makes you think that I don’t know WTF is happening to the suspensions & tires location?
So, you then post a picture of a car as if I don’t know what a side shot is. Which tells me you think I’m stupid?
I certainly wasn’t talking about my car at all in this thread.
Any nonsense going on is simply an exercise in Tom Foolery on your behalf.

Now! Most seriously, I don’t have time to deal with YOUR nonsense.
Reading is fundamental. So is reading comprehension.
So, let’s see if you can comprehend, one last time….

Who makes the “SPACERS?”

Can you answer this or not? Because if you can not, then please don’t reply. If you know the answer, then please so do reply to the question…

Who makes the “SPACERS?”

If you can answer the question to “Who makes the SPACERS?” It may very help OTHERS WONDERING WHO MAKES THE SPACERS!

The reinforcement plates, yes. Spacers…..

View attachment 1715818852
OK, I asked a question that has not be answered.
Ready?

here it is….

“Who makes the spacers?”

Now how have YOU answered that question?
Everything you have posted with my quotes question me on…. What now?

You asked me for a picture of the side of a car.
Who’s car? Mine? Did you assume I was doing a mod to my car? Even if it is so, why are YOU worried about what I’m doing to my car? Why do YOU want to know? Also, what makes you think that I don’t know WTF is happening to the suspensions & tires location?
So, you then post a picture of a car as if I don’t know what a side shot is. Which tells me you think I’m stupid?
I certainly wasn’t talking about my car at all in this thread.
Any nonsense going on is simply an exercise in Tom Foolery on your behalf.

Now! Most seriously, I don’t have time to deal with YOUR nonsense.
Reading is fundamental. So is reading comprehension.
So, let’s see if you can comprehend, one last time….

Who makes the “SPACERS?”

Can you answer this or not? Because if you can not, then please don’t reply. If you know the answer, then please so do reply to the question…

Who makes the “SPACERS?”

If you can answer the question to “Who makes the SPACERS?” It may very help OTHERS WONDERING WHO MAKES THE SPACERS!
Who's photo of the spacers above did you use? You didn't say but because you posted it, it made sense to me that it was your car. If it wasn't, well excuse me! I don't know who makes the spacers, I never said I did or have tried to add them to my car. I'm done here.

Who's photo of the spacers above did you use? You didn't say but because you posted it, it made sense to me that it was your car. If it wasn't, well excuse me! I don't know who makes the spacers, I never said I did or have tried to add them to my car. I'm done here.
I see reading comprehension is not your strong point.
Your total interaction in this thread towards me has been very much like walking in the middle of a conversation you had no idea was taking place and being asked why you don’t believe in GOD AND EAT BABY LIVERS!

WTF?!?!

You “Assumed”

*** - U (&) Me

Thank you for wasting my time and energy in you middle of nonsense and not answering my question for post after post. Your such a wonderful help and assumptions, it’s stunning!

I've always been of the opinion that if you need "much more" than about 1/4" Somethin's WRONG.

As for tire clearance, I'd rework the front of the wheel house first, I believe.

your post on the shocks reminded me of something. My 8 3/4 is really close to the stock 65 tank. I remember it being like less than a finger up there. Im wondering if I even have 1/4 inch to gain? Ill have to get back under there and check it. The wheelhouse mod may be as simply as beating back the front lower lip 1/4 inch. Seems to be something there besides rocker panel end, maybe a trim mount or something....I think the reinforcement plate can serve both sides of the hanger. When I googled spacers all I came up with was the $7.50/E Bergman E shaped alignment ones and the posted gold anodized pieces at $29 a set. Everything else was pinion shims.

Is a 66 B car that much different than a 65? Ran the same size rear tires on my 66 with no issues mounted on 7" cop car wheels. Well, the only issue was when pulling into a steep driveway at an angle and the tops of the tires would rub the inner fender wells a bit but that was it....

-
Back