Front & Rear Spoiler Recommendations

-

Mopar Virgin

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source for aftermarket front and rear spoilers that would fit with my '68 Barracuda Convertible restomod project?

Anyone know of a good source for aftermarket front and rear spoilers that would fit with my '68 Barracuda Convertible restomod project?
Make your own, I did mine and not that hard. We all have our own ideas on what we want it's just a matter of learning how to design and make it.

Buy a camaro
1712021271118.png

73 Road Runner front , modern Challenger rear. Both off Ebay o the cheap.. Fit great. Look great. Don't need no stinkin Camaro !!

20200210_124929.jpg

20191211_151824.jpg

20200210_124900.jpg

Last edited:
73 Road Runner front , modern Challenger rear. Both off Ebay o the cheap.. Fit great. Look great. Don't need no stinkin Camaro !!

View attachment 1716230223

View attachment 1716230224

Wow, I'm surprised the modern Challenger spoiler works that well on the back! That looks like it belongs there.

Can't really say the same about the front though, the most useful place to block air on the front is in the middle. More surface area to prevent the front end from lifting, better air flow through the valance etc. I like the Road Runner spoilers where they mount on the Road Runner's, especially the '71/72 version, out on the fenders. Still not the best from an aerodynamic standpoint, but at least on the Road Runners not having anything in the middle makes sense because of the parking lamps and lower grille in the valance.

1971-plymouth-road-runner.jpeg

I run an OER '67 Camaro spoiler on the front of my Duster/Demon tribute. It's ABS so it's durable and although it isn't a perfect profile match to the front valance it fits well enough, a little heat gun action and it fits great. It is a little narrow, but for $30 it's hard to go wrong. Eventually I'll make one that looks more like the AAR/TA E-body front spoilers did, but until then the Camaro one does everything it needs to. The '69 Camaro version isn't quite as tall as the '67, but it is a little bit wider.

CHEVROLET CAMARO OER 3916673 OER Injection-Molded Front Spoilers | Summit Racing

img_5867-jpeg.jpg

img_5983-jpeg.jpg

Next version will look more like this
4899832973_64365e7ce9_o copy.jpg

As far as the Camaro hate, only the purists get wadded up about it. It's a piece of plastic. These cars never came with a front spoiler, the Direct Connection piece didn't come out until years later. And of course those will set you back a ton of money for an original. Heck even the fiberglass reproductions out there are a couple hundred bucks. If I bump a parking stop with the ABS one it's no harm no foul, and even if I clobber one it's $30 to replace it.

Last edited:
When I bought this Demon in the 70's this spoiler was in the trunk. It bolted on with the factory bolts. I took the spoiler and wing off when I sold the car and still have them . The spoiler is fiberglass with no markings at all. but fits right on a demon with the radiator support bolts for the valance. Here is a picture from 1979

Picture.jpg

LOL Hilarious ... 8510 total Gen2 Bcuda convertibles ever made ... Gen1 Camero's:
  • 1967: 220,906
  • 1968: 235,147
    1969: 243,085

like back when I was dragracing , everybody and their dog had a camero , never was a fan myself...

-
Back