Front to rear brake line..how hard is it?

-

LXguy

Reaction score
Hey All:

Looking at swapping my 8-3/4" in the car. However, I know I'm going to end up damaging the hard line while removing my 7.25 (and from the looks of the hard line it wouldn't be a terrible idea to replace it).

Anyone whose done this have any insight or advice?

Thanks!

Steve

I,m about to do the same swap,pulling a 7 1/4 and replacing with a 8 3/4.I have,nt even looked at the brake lines yet,but if the look corroded I,m going to just yank them out and replace them.It,s always easier working with new lines.And it gives you peace of mind knowing it,s all new.Make sure to check your divider flex line on the rear for cracks in plastic covering.Good Luck with the swap!

not bad at all with a cheap bender.... just dont mess up the old line too bad as it can serve as a guide to bending up the new one, also you might need a flare tool to put a proper fitting and flare at the apprpriate spt, but overall its actually pretty simple

Most auto parts stores have hard steel brake lines in stock in a variety of lengths, already flared on both ends, so all you have to do is put the bends in them, I think.

Also, you probably already are aware that you might need a new driveshaft, or to have your old one shortened, as I THINK the 8.75" pinion yoke is positioned farther forward than the 7.25".

Most folks doing this swap already know that; I just thought I'd mention it.

Bill, in Conway, Arkansas

You can always call The Right Stuff and have them send you a pre bent set. Everything I have gotten from them has fit just right. Plus they also have the gravel guards on them another little peice of mind.

I bought mine from The Right Stuff and they fit great. The front to rear line is not hard because its kind of thin and easy to work with.

I third the right stuff lines.

You can order the prebent factory front to rear line and the 8-3/4 rear hard line and even spice things up with a braided steel flex hose at the diff where the two meet.

The long front to rear line will come folded in half for shipping ease but will stretch out just fine with no kinks.

-
Back