front viper brakes on my duster

-
How much did this setup cost you? And what are the weight differences on the parts, if you know?

How much did this setup cost you? And what are the weight differences on the parts, if you know?

i have $750 in the whole works. of course i did make the mounts for the calipers and turn the factory rotors off myself. i didn't really care about the wieght savings,the difference in braking is well worth it if it is heavier. the only way to save anymore wieght is to use aluminum hubs,and then i don't think it would be worth it unless you were competeing in road racing or something. dr.diff helped me out a bunch on it with getting it all together.

i've got roughly $650-$700 in my setup, but i used Andy's caliper brackets for 180 bones. also upgraded to drilled and slotted 11.75" rotors which cost a bit more. after all that, I'll likely step up to the 13" kit from Andy when i have a few extra bucks. finding reasonably priced calipers is the hardest part.
http://arengineering.com/

i have $750 in the whole works. of course i did make the mounts for the calipers and turn the factory rotors off myself. i didn't really care about the wieght savings,the difference in braking is well worth it if it is heavier. the only way to save anymore wieght is to use aluminum hubs,and then i don't think it would be worth it unless you were competeing in road racing or something. dr.diff helped me out a bunch on it with getting it all together.
how big are your rotors?

i have the 13" rotors. i tried to call andy,and you have to go through a dealer now. they kept jerking me around and saying he wasn't going to make the kit anymore,so i said piss on them and talked to Dr. Diff.

Very cool, so will this setup fit a 15 inch wheel? And, I noticed your spindle wasn't a factory piece, is that particular spindle needed to do this?

Ditto on the hubs question. Is your Duster 73+ with the factory's integral rotor-hub? If I understand, you machined the rotor part off to make a custom hub only, then put a rotor from ??? on it.

Making the custom caliper mounts is great. I hope to do that someday to mount Wilwood calipers I have to my early 10" drum spindles. But, I have no mill yet. Wilwood has those as part of a kit. Maybe I can figure a way to buy just that from them.

Very nice!! What are the smallest wheels you can run? I'm guessing 16?

Very nice!! What are the smallest wheels you can run? I'm guessing 16?

17's. but why do the brakes this big if you are not going to drive the car hard and need low sidewall? just the way i see it. i have since went to big wilwoods after going to all RMS suspension.

I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about whether to run 20" wheels or not. I'm simply wondering what fits. If I could afford "everything" I'd just go buy a new challenger

I have found out that AR no longer offers the 13" kit. The 11.75" b body rotor kit won't work as it is different mounting bracket (i'm guessing).

I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about whether to run 20" wheels or not. I'm simply wondering what fits. If I could afford "everything" I'd just go buy a new challenger

sorry. didn't mean to come across wrong! i got 17's and then when i went to the RMS stuff i can run 18x9's in the front,so i should have went 18's to begin with.

I have found out that AR no longer offers the 13" kit. The 11.75" b body rotor kit won't work as it is different mounting bracket (i'm guessing).

you are correct. they were bitching about the calipers being high and could not be competitive when i done mine. i figured they would stop doing them. it is an AWSOME upgrade! it works as good as the 13" 6 piston wilwood kit i have now.

-
Back