-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mccula

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Up for sale here is a 1970 Dodge Dart GT (Yes, GT), 340 CI V8, 4 Speed Manual trans. I have owned/restored this car for about 2 years now. It is fully restored and complete, ready to drive away. I drove this car from Holland, PA 18966 to Chryslers at Carlisle this year- it runs excellent.
Car is located in Holland, PA, 18966

I am asking $14,500 or best offer and am somewhat negotiable to offers- please no low-balling, but don't be afraid to make an offer. I will also consider partial trade/plus cash to me for full size diesel trucks- ESPECIALLY DODGE RAMS WITH CUMMINS!

So why am I selling it? I am graduating school within the year and will be moving to Ft Sam Houston, TX as an active duty army nurse and I don't want to bring this car all the way across the US, not to mention I will need a newer vehicle for my family and myself.
***PLEASE NOTE- I AM A FULL TIME COLLEGE STUDENT- I have a very busy schedule and am often away from home on-campus. Please, please- only serious inquiries. I will show you the car and take you for a ride, but I really don't have time for tire kickers or those with no actual way to potentially buy the car. If you are interested after reading all that, I would be glad to answer any and all questions and send more pictures if you need.***
IMG_20110910_173105.jpg

IMG_20110910_173116.jpg

IMG_20110910_173134.jpg

IMG_20110910_173146.jpg

IMG_20110910_174104.jpg

FOR MORE PICTURES, SEE THIS LINK: http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/mccula/1970 Dodge Dart GT/

Short background about 70 Dart GT's: In 1970 dodge got away from the dart GT and moved into the dart swinger package. 1970 dart GTs are very rare, as when they changed the GT to the swinger, the GT remained as a special order trim option on the dart. Not many were built, and this is one of them- original broadcast sheets to prove it! This car is registered with the 1970-71 Dart GT registry.

Below is a full list of everything you should need to know about this car.
Engine/Drivetrain: 340 CI V8 with headers and a true dual 2.5" exhaust with H pipe and A Body GT exhaust tips (very recently built and installed exhaust done by low cost exhaust in fairless hills). Edelbrock intake manifold, holley 650cfm double pumper carb (recently professionally rebuilt and tuned), new holley electric fuel pump with FPR and dual inline filters, recently rebuilt original radiator, mopar electric ignition, and more.
The trans is a mopar 4 speed manual with an 8.75", 3.23 posi rear. Brand new BF Goodrich radial t/a rear tires, front tires have a lot of tread life left. New brake pads all around, NOS master cylinder, new monroe shocks all around and new mancini heavy duty leaf springs in back.
Interior: The interior is completely 100% resotred with many NOS/New parts and it is all done right. New black headliner, new black carpet, new black dash cap, NOS lap belts and shoulder belts, new sun visors and shoulder belt clips, and more. Hurst performance short-throw 4 speed shifter. Gauges work fine, the fuel gauge works intermittently about 1/2 of the time. There is a sun-pro tach installed, this is not working right. Might need re-wired, as it does work, but the needle jumps around when accelerating. Autometer oil pressure gauge installed and working fine. NOS/professionally restored original chrysler a-body AM radio, new antenna works as it should. Vehicle has a 3rd brake light installed on the inside rear deck behind the rear seat. ALL seat covers (front and back) are NEW correct repro's from legendary interiors. NOS reverse light. NOS Map light switch (which is currently wired as a kill switch for the holley fuel pump). Trunk- new correct trunk mat, restored original jack and jack pad, new repro jack instructions decal, original spare (newer tire), original fiberboard spare tire cover, restored original spare tire hold-down bolt. There is no rust in the trunk, including in the spare tire well- it's all good.
Exterior: Full exterior resto- new black paint all around (professionally done), 340 hood scoops with call outs, new (correct repro) hood pins. New year-one correct repro bumblebee stripe around the rear deck- this is red (very orange looking- original color). Car is rolling on small bolt pattern rallye wheels in great shape and recently resotred. Original trim rings, all hardware and center caps in place- all recently restored and beautiful. As stated above, new BF goodrich radial t/a's on the back and the front tires are not new, but they have lots of tread life left in them. Grill, tail lights, head lights, etc. are all in very very good condition. I believe the headlights are new.

Overall this car is in very good condition. It is ready to drive or show if you want. Needs NO work besides very minor issues if you want to fix them (which have all been listed here as honestly as possible- intermittent fuel gauge, aftermarket tach not working right.) This car runs like it should and looks excellent. It is all done! I am asking what I have in it and will consider selling it at a slight loss.
As stated above, SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.I am asking $14,500 OBO or a partial trade/cash to me for a Dodge Ram Cummins diesel or possibly another full size diesel pickup.
Thank you!

I Would like to formally request that unless you are the owner of the car, you do not interject personal opinion/he said-she said/answer any questions that are being asked about the car.
With that said, I will answer and rebut the questions above.
This car was originally a 318 and I believe a torqueflite car. When we originally purchased the car, it was green and the 340 and 4 speed were in it. That's how I got it from the previous owner. I bought this car with the intention to restore it and use it as a daily driver. Since then, I am now engaged to be married this summer and will be graduating nursing school and then becoming an active duty Army nurse. Because of this, I need a car that I can take all over the country and keep a family in- THIS is why the car is for sale, no other reason. Since we have owned the car, we have done A LOT of work to it. Personally, we have restored the entire interior (headliner, carpet, inside door panels, dash pad, refurbished original chrysler AM radio, both front and rear seats, shoulder belts, glovebox liner, heat/defrost (wasn't working when we bought the car). The exterior of the car was also completely restored- any and all bodywork was done professionally, not by us in our garage or by maaco or anything like that- it was done right. The only cancer on the car previously was on the roof- that has been taken care of professionally (done right, with metal and not a whole bunch of bondo), the entire car was sprayed black (including doorjambs, trunk, engine bay, etc), one quarter was replaced with a mopar OEM replacement FULL quarter (not just a skin or partial quarter) from year one, the bumblebee stripe from year one was added. Since the car is black (as with all black cars) you can readily tell that this was not a slopped-up or half-assed body job- black is a tough color and it doesn't hide crappy work- see for yourself in person if you'd like! The car has a new, true dual exhaust (with H-Pipe) which was bent, welded, and installed by low-cost exhaust in fairless hills, PA (don't let the name fool you, they are a very reputable shop), repro A-body tips were added. The rear was replaced with a 3.23 posi, the speedometer gear and cable were replaced (they were not working when we bought the car), all shocks have been replaced with monroe gas shocks (when we bought the car it had blown air shocks), the rear springs have been replaced with mancini heavy duty leaf springs, the rear tires have been replaced with new BF goodrich radial TAs, all four ralleye wheels and center caps were restored, the carburetor has been rebuilt and tuned professionally, the electric fuel pump and fuel pressure reg. were replaced with new parts, the radiator was pulled, professionally rebuilt and restored, the master cylinder was replaced with a remanufactured original master cylinder, and I believe we replaced the brake shoes at all corners as well. Off the top of my head that is the work we did to this car. We have a lot of receipts to document the work as well. In total without looking at all the receipts (I'm at school, the receipts are at my home), I'd estimate all of the parts and work to come out to at least 5,000 dollars. Doing the bodywork right cost us a lot but we didn't want to put any money into an improperly done job.

If anyone has any other questions they'd like to ask I'd be more than happy to answer them truthfully as I have done from the very start. I have been burned before and I'm not out to screw anyone. I'm doing my best to be 100% honest about this car.

I know you mentioned a truck but I got one sweet PT that will get you safely to Fort Sam. It's a 2007 with only 25000 miles and clean.....I don't think anyone has ridden in the back seat :)

Nice Dart. I haven't saved enough "project" money but could work a trade deal. PM me if you would like to talk.

Best of luck with school and your future Army career!

6SLANT Bob
Hampton, VA

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back