FYI - Thief in our midst

-
I guess the moral of my story is, like my daddy always told me,"son never do business with friends or relatives.
Or if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Ya, it is really hard to find anyone who is honest anymore. I sent this dude on www.slantsix.org $360.00 for some parts. He "never got it". I also sent another $175.00 on their to another guy for parts. He "never got it". Then I sent another $150 or so to a guy on here. "he never got it". I know for a fact that the guy from here is on the up and up. He sells ALOT of parts on here. The dude from /6.org screwed me. And the other one is a mystery as well. I think I've been having alot of really bad luck with Money orders. And USPS. But I have never said anything about it. I wont slander anyone either. It is my fault for being stupid.

About 9 years ago I was having a 1970 cuda built by a sepeialty shop in the louisville area. Unfortunately, for me, they never finished the car or returned my money which, by the way, was paid in progress payments.

Thankfully those type of people are the minority! 99.99% of people on FABO and most other Mopar forums are all super nice humans. (I can't speak for the GM and Ford forums)! We are, after all, all here for the same thing-to have fun and swap knowledge with a great hobby!!

Thankfully those type of people are the minority! 99.99% of people on FABO and most other Mopar forums are all super nice humans. (I can't speak for the GM and Ford forums)! We are, after all, all here for the same thing-to have fun and swap knowledge with a great hobby!!

My feelings exactly.

I see your point Furious65, especially with the clear guidelines. Personally I just hope it doesn't come to that on FABO.

BTW I love the C-bodies too. I Miss my 67 Fury.

I have a very bad temper and will do stupid things when pissed. God forbid when one of these scumbags rips me off.Can you say roadtrip. Show em a little frontier texas justice. I never buy anything from anywhere I cant travel to.

Plain and simple this guy could have avoided all this crap by just sending the cash back and when the spindles are pulled and mailed ask for the cash, the fact he is now going to make you wait for YOUR money proves he is just a low life gutter snake who only cares for himself...broken arm my ***....the time I was off after losing a finger I built a big *** abour in the yard. LOL
I think a few guy's here as well as myself have been screwed over once or twice and we get pissed and shrug it off andf move on, but I am really glad you called him out not just here but on the other sites as well, thanks
AL

This situation is irritating, unnecessary and Criminal. But please don't let the actions of one Newbie cast a shroud of suspicion over the rest of us. I am sure that 99% of the new comers Honest and many are, like myself, trying to learn from the expierience of the veteran A-Body builders out there.

+1.... I don't post much here but have learned a lot. I would hate to be branded a thief just because of a low post count. I hope all turns out well!

I think people should use paypal to pay for parts as your charge card is the best defense.

Once the card is registered with Paypal, no one else sees the numbers.

Just a thought for everyone.

PS the transfer goes thought instantly.

Sorry to see everyone getting ripped off in this hobby, especially on this great site!!

he is definatly an AH....let me know if you want all the other limbs taken care of ......

I think people should use paypal to pay for parts as your charge card is the best defense.

Once the card is registered with Paypal, no one else sees the numbers.

Just a thought for everyone.

PS the transfer goes thought instantly.

Sorry to see everyone getting ripped off in this hobby, especially on this great site!!

Paypal is the way to go. At least you have a paper trail and you could always file a claim against him and still get your money back. I had to do that with some tires that I ordered on ebay one time. The guy finally paid me back after some threats from paypal.

Having done business with other members here, I am sure glad that there are good upstanding folks to balance out the asshats like this one. Case in point: a deal I made with waggin. I agreed to buy a pair of taillights from him. Several personal setbacks forced me to delay payment to him several times. It seemed like every time I would email him a promise to send payment "this weekend", something would happen forcing me to send another email telling him I couldn't. He very patiently waiting for me for several months, always telling me "no problem, it's got your name on it". When I finally did get payment to him, a lesser man could have made me wait for the parts like he waited for the money, but not him. I had the parts in my hands 12 days after mailing the money order to him.

So for every time I read about some jack leg like this guy, I am glad all over again that there are guys like waggin out there who keep the world in balance.

Why don't you guys who got burned make a report to his local police? He is committing fraud and surely your police departments over there would take the matter up, investigate and prefer charges. Dont let the prick think he's got away with it, I wouldn't!

2 options

You have his tel # - start calling at 3.00 am - if his wife has to answer, I reckon you'll see the money real quick - but you have to be persistent, keep calling at random times every night at the MOST inconvenient hours. You know? Dinner time? 5.00am 12.30 pm etc

If he starts screening calls, then option 2-

Maybe MVRcorp could call by Warwick Police - He's local, and he can be your "go between" - all they'll need is your tel # to verify the complaint, Im sure it won't take long for him to find the cash when they apply the "attitude test"

And As Tiny Tim is probaby reading this stuff - here's some advice for Timmy the Wiener for free ..

...go check out Old Navy and buy yourself a spine.

just dont lay down and take the $$ loss. lots of scammers want you to do that.

my friend got burned on some viper parts and he did some research. found out where the guy lived and starting calling his next door neighbors VERY early in the morning asking if they knew their neighbor and why had he not sent his parts yet. then he found out where the guy worked and called his boss at work to ask why his employee had never sent his parts.... he got his parts fast.

i would call the local police as well as reporting it to the FBI link... http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

after seeing sgbarracuda's thread and this one I say "PUBLIC FLOGGING" and the mod's ought to send him a lil' reminder that he's committed internet fraud that will not be tolerated.I don't care if you called that douschbag every name in the book before now,He is the one owes out the apology and to refund the money or send the part's out a.s.a.p.and yea he deserves a few dozen phone calls from members all over the world till he get's the BIG picture and some of the other treatment some have suggested.for now check the laws on internet fraud till then *67 blocks caller id LoL Let the game's begin!!!

The members here can do the same if they feel the need to do so.

If this guy continues to try and defraud anyone, he'll get banned.

Then "Ya'll" can go around the internet posting warnings about him.

Thx for the help with this everyone, hopefully he will repay steptoe and myself before we have to call the police into this. I truly do not understand people like him or why they do things like this but I'm not going to let it go. If necessary I will call the police up there and let them take it from there as it IS internet fraud (new fancy names, it used to be just plain stealing).

the seller has the scrap man mentality. he is used to being a bully and hustling for money so when there is a conflict he thinks he can bully and swear and scare you off thinking there is nothing you can do about it.

i would report him, make him sweat for a while. $1 or $1000000 is still theft.

wHAT A SCUMBAG, GO ON E-FEE AND DO THAT STUFF. WE ARE ALL HERE FOR THE SAME REASON OUR LOVE FOR MOPARS, AND A BODIIES!!

I think if the guy used the U.S. mail to obtain money from you in any way it constitutes Mail Fraud which is a serious crime and can carry a hefty sentence if the perp is found guilty. That may be another angle to take a look at if the situation drags on. It would be great if the seller would simply complete his part of the transactions and quietly disappear.

using the internet to commit fraud is also a big deal,if it werent' than why do the rest of us keep our word?Oh yea,we're men of our word(and for the females(ya'll are women of your word)either way it's all about keeping your word.maybe new sticky and signup to use the for sale section?strong warning before you are allowed to use it where you have to agree?this sucks for the good guy's again!!ah heck with it public flogging this place is fine without him or anyone like him :violent1:
I think if the guy used the U.S. mail to obtain money from you in any way it constitutes Mail Fraud which is a serious crime and can carry a hefty sentence if the perp is found guilty. That may be another angle to take a look at if the situation drags on. It would be great if the seller would simply complete his part of the transactions and quietly disappear.

-
Back