Gang Green 68 GTS

-
That looks great. Can you fill the cracks in the wheel somehow? I am sure getting a new one is next to impossible.

Yeah, They all crack in spots.There's a guy that restores them for around $300. I just cleaned it up and painted the center for the time being. Probably send it out to him at some point down the road.

Today's Action. Removed the complete dash assembly with harness integrated. Found a very nice surprise behind the glove box !! I already have a perfect one from under the rear seat, but this was pretty cool anyhow. Plus has some factory notes on it. Also found stuff underneath the box that had fallen through the cracks. Will dig into it tomorrow and start cleaning,stripping, painting and checking switches and gauges. Fun, Fun !!

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 014.jpg

View attachment 037.jpg

View attachment 038.jpg

View attachment 044.jpg

Today's Action. Removed the complete dash assembly with harness integrated. Found a very nice surprise behind the glove box !! I already have a perfect one from under the rear seat, but this was pretty cool anyhow. Plus has some factory notes on it. Also found stuff underneath the box that had fallen through the cracks. Will dig into it tomorrow and start cleaning,stripping, painting and checking switches and gauges. Fun, Fun !!

Very cool Mitch!

I'm missing my build sheet and was half hoping to find one behind the dash too.

Got even busier this afternoon !! Glad the mice didn't eat the sheet behind the glove box !

Attachments

• WIN_20160305_132710.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 561
You've been busy Mitch! Well done. I find it hard to get motivated. My driveway isn't heated. LOL

Looking good

I might have an extra console tach spacer. I do not thing 68 and 69 tachs had sender units. I have a 68 factory harness that I can take a picture for you.

Thanks guys ! I spent some time this afternoon checking/cleaning switches and bulbs. This car has the light package, so it's got all kinds of stuff I never saw before. Ing sw light, glove box light, ashtray light, map light, trunk light. Amazingly, it all checks out. Even all the bulbs were still good. Cleaned up the plastic bezels. I'm gonna tape em all off and re paint/detail them. Even the switch knobs came out real nice after some steel wool. Need to check some gauges next. Waitin on Hops to make up a tester this week. He's on it. Will blast the dash frame and re paint it this week while it's warm.

I always wanted one. Personally I think the 383 Dart is the coolest mopar ever made. Those and the Barracudas. Nothing says muscle more than a big block a body.

68 GTS console tach harness and the tach bottom plate and mid adjuster plate

Attachments

• IMG_2792.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_2791.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_2790.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_2789.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 461
  • IMG_2788.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2787.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_2786.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_2793.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_2785.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 478
This is a great thread! Reminds me of my old green 67GT... :( Sad memories haha. Keep up the good work!

Got the dash frame stripped, Primed and Painted. Cleaned and checked all the switches and switch escutcheons. Checked all bulbs. This car has the light group option, which I had not previously seen on a 68 A body. Ign. light, Glove box light , Trunk light, Map light. Even has a first gen Fiber optic light for the ashtray. Complete wiring harness was soft/ supple and uncut by any hacker. All I did with it was take it outside and scrub it with some Spray9 and fog it with WD40. Sent the stock AM radio out to Wards Radio Service of Alabama for retro fit to AM/FM and plug ins. Will check the gauges for proper operation this week, while I am Detailing the Chrome and Black Dash panels.

View attachment WIN_20160308_114307.jpg

View attachment WIN_20160308_114317.jpg

View attachment WIN_20160308_124858.jpg

View attachment WIN_20160308_232447.jpg

View attachment WIN_20160308_232500.jpg

-
Back