garage sale find 66 valiant

-

VDART

Reaction score
didn't need it but ........
just shook hands on a 1966 valiant v100 2 door hardtop slant with column shift, motor runs a little erratic, car is the ever present tan-- plain jane car-- but will have it home this weekend-- with more details. Sunday should be the day, the car was less than 2 miles from my home-- never seen it before. Lawrence

Attachments

• 5Nd5K55He3I33M53H7c5gdeebecfc06d81302.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 609
Nice find but a coupe' or 2 door sedan is what it is, persons sometimes call them a 2 door post car. A 2 door hard top has no post separating the front and back side glass.

Never the less, its a beauty..

Great. I think the color looks fine. I understand that 2 dr post are the most desirable. More rigid and probably safer in a side impact. I saw a 69 Dart 2 dr hdtp with the driver's door folded in.

Wow, great score! It'll be late this year before i'm ready to jump back in, but i hope i can find a nice clean example like that:thumbrig:.

Man, that is how I found my '69 V-100, just kinda 'fell' into the deal. No shame in that car, good score!

I like the color, it's elegant. That car will last forever. Awesome score.

got the car home, the slant didn't sound good-previous owner said #3 cylinder was not up to par. I spent some time today checking valves & such-- yes #3 was not good the rocker arm tack weld had broke free & cause to bent push rods.
Still not decided what to do -- will know more this week-- replaced the pushrods-- have to get a new or different rocker -arm-(just tossed this stuff 3 months ago)
preliminary -- the car is very solid for a kansas car, has some dents/dings but no major damage,.
car sounds much better with #3 cylinder working better-- the valves were not adjusted correctly.
also the car had dealer installed a/c
Pictures as it sits before any clean up done, Lawrence

Attachments

• 66valiant 012 (Large).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 509
  • 66valiant 015 (Large).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 477
  • 66valiant 022 (Large).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 473
And a Holley to boot! Nice score. What does the horn sound like? tmm

That sucker looks pretty clean on the outside! I too am wondering how that horn sounds...

I'll diagnose the horns toady--- I think the relay is shot--- right now I'm cleaning up crude & stuff that accumulates from sitting.
On my way to pick up some duct tape--- for seat repair (foam bad)

I'll post pictures later today.
The engine sounds totally different with a quick(temporary) fix/ parts are on the way (thanks Greg),, I really want to go & stomp the pedal to see what a 4 bbl slant does. motor tranny seem solid now.
Lawrence

Looks good. You never know what is hidden in those garages. I bought a Volkswagen Beetle at a garage sale once for $800 and sold it for $1200 the same day. That was the only time I was ever able to do that.

here are some more pics-- the structure is solid-- just has dings/dents . It appears someone cleaned the undercarriage( based on the streaks?)

Attachments

• 66valiant 039 (Large).jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 66valiant 038 (Large).jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 369
underneath

Attachments

• 66valiant 026 (Large).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 342
  • 66valiant 031 (Large).jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 347
Hi Lawrence,I just received your message.This is amodel that should've been released here in Australia.They would've sold like hot cakes.Let me know what it's like power wise & if the holley works ok mounted side ways.Cheers Rob

-
Back