GARLITS vs FMA...and the Mopar Guy suffers because of it.

-
Hell the vendors should come to Florida for the month of November and hit the Turkey rod run on Thanksgiving weekend in Daytona at the speedway one of the biggest shows in the country and enjoy the nice ( not cold ) weather.
I was a dedicated supporter of both the Turkey Rod Run and Spectacular Weekend in March, from 1990 - 2002. I still have photos of me and my 69' Dart on the speedway. 2002 I decided to become a seller to clean out my shop some what. Friday afternoon I called the shows Hot line and asked for a spot and was told it was to late to preregister, but there was plenty of space left. I spent the whole afternoon and until 1 am loading up my van for the travel from South Florida (4 hours). I arrived there at 8 am in a short line and was told there were not any space available. I explained my story from the day before and the 4 hour drive and was told again that I were to get out of line. I did park outside and paid to enter, to become a spectator for the day and never to return again for either shows. Note: There were many open spots available. As someone mentioned, It's not a friendly Mopar show. I did not want be push any buttons, but I have been a judge for the Mopar show there, for all those years and expected so, that year, but I declined. I have an old saying, "It's hard to fine a Friend, but easy to lose many".

In the past there have been somewhere near "hundreds" of cars from the 80's down to the 40's there, predominantly 60's and 70's.

There were a fair number, maybe 100 at the last horse park show I went to 2019, IIRC.

Looks like I'm not going to make either this year due to way too much going on at home.

Perhaps the Jan/Feb Melbourne FMA show.

I'll probably go to both, as I am local. But as a spectator. Not bringing a car. If I had to travel, I wouldn't do either show.

It's 2 plus hours one way for me.

Just long enough to piss me off thinking about making that trip 4 times in 8 days.

This show (Garlits) used to be great. Many cars, and venders. Now it is a shadow of its former self. My opinion, if the powers that control the Garlits show, and the Florida Mopar ***. show, don't resolve their issues, both shows will crash and burn. We will have no show at all.

I was a Judge at the first several shows at Garlits and they were the BEST at the time and Don was terrific with everyone. Now that politics are in play, I no longer participate in either as a judge. I do endorse the venders because they help us in finding our parts to keep the hobby going. Those of you that bad-mouth both shows are not doing anyone any justice. Being the two shows are only a week apart, I believe they are hurting themselves. Six months apart would be better for both. There "IS" a need for both shows and they need to work together. SAD......

I was a Judge at the first several shows at Garlits and they were the BEST at the time and Don was terrific with everyone. Now that politics are in play, I no longer participate in either as a judge. I do endorse the venders because they help us in finding our parts to keep the hobby going. Those of you that bad-mouth both shows are not doing anyone any justice. Being the two shows are only a week apart, I believe they are hurting themselves. Six months apart would be better for both. There "IS" a need for both shows and they need to work together. SAD......
I am not just bad mouthing either show, just to be negative. Just stating the truth. Neither show is what it could/should be. We have members that are asking if it is worth traveling several hours to come to the show(S). I'm just trying to be honest. Personally I would not travel more then a couple of hours for either show, the way they are now. I agree there is a place for both shows, at about 6 months apart, and yes they do need to work together

i would love to come to either show
600 miles
but i cannot because of the situation
one united show or two six months apart will work
hope they resolve the situation
i would love to come to florida once or twice a year

i would love to come to either show
600 miles
but i cannot because of the situation
one united show or two six months apart will work
hope they resolve the situation
i would love to come to florida once or twice a year
They both have a LARGE Mopar car and vender showing. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. Make a week vacation out of it and attend both shows if you can. Get contact information from the venders for future references.

i have been for a few years to both shows
the trip costs me 1200 $ plus
has to be like carlisle to come out
and it has been
before the split

Rumors have it that the horse farm show may move to the spring. It didn't seem as busy in the swap area as I had hoped and Sunday was pretty slow. Most vendors left but the few times it rained Saturday afternoon probably discouraged some from staying. Getting them 6 months apart should help both.

I was there on Sat. seemed like a little better than last year. I bought a couple of items. I hope they spread the shows apart or recombine them.
Horse park show might have a problem next weekend, with the storm coming.

I started loading the trailer for the horse park show.

...no I'll have to watch the weather.

I went to the FMA show at the horse park on Sat. They said the 1st 200 cars would park in the pavilion. The pavilion was not full. Not many venders in the swap meet. I was very disappointed.
The FMA/horse park show for 2023 will be changed to May of 2023, and Garlits will still be in Nov. Hopefully by having the shows 6 months apart, will help attendance at both shows.

Thanks guys.

Kind of glad I didn't bust my *** to go.

As a kicker, I got a cold this past week and am just now getting over it, so wasn't going anyway.

Looking forward to next year, though.

good news

PXL_20221114_005146354.jpg

This is great, But, why wait until 4pm to give trophies? When i go to a car show, by around 1:30, I'm ready to head out. Most shows seem to start trophies around 2:30.

This is great, But, why wait until 4pm to give trophies? When i go to a car show, by around 1:30, I'm ready to head out. Most shows seem to start trophies around 2:30.

yea 9am-4 is a long *** day.. people will be wanting to roll out by noon time..

Yep, Combine them into one show, on the same weekend, fill up BOTH places, and run shuttle buses between the two locations every 30 to 60 minutes.

OR

Hold them November and in May, 6 months apart, as Furyus2 suggested.

I like both ideas, but prefer the 6 month split, because it's more "show" to go to.

I went to both shows while on a quick FLA vacation. The weather probably affected it some, but what a total disappointment. The Moparty sucked too. Thank goodness for Carlisle

Thanks guys.

Kind of glad I didn't bust my *** to go.

As a kicker, I got a cold this past week and am just now getting over it, so wasn't going anyway.

Looking forward to next year, though.
Don't listen to these Guys. The FMA 22 show was an absolute blast!
Vendors were raking it in this year. Was pretty amazing. Looking forward to the May show.
I scored some serious great bargains this year. Well worth the trip.

yea 9am-4 is a long *** day.. people will be wanting to roll out by noon time..
This is the worst thing a Vendor can do at these shows...leave early.
I hung around til 4pm and made some serious late afternoon sales.
Vendors have some serious cash in their pockets and need parts also and this is their only time to shop.

-
Back