Gen 1 1957 392 Hemi Worth

-

hawkgoalie31

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1957 392 hemi that I am looking to sell. The story goes my dad bought it and was going to put in his 1934 3 window coupe. Unfortunately, my father passed away recently and never got to complete the car. I was going to use the motor and put it in my 1974 Duster but I decided not too. So now I am looking to sell. Its built, bored, and will be dyno’ed soon by a company down the street so I will have more info soon.

What is the estimated current value of the engine?

I am located in socal. Thank you!

Do you have any information on the build? That would be helpful so any prospective buyer would know what parts were used.

There's one complete '57 392 engine in Maple Shade NJ for $2800. IMO Whether it's worth it or not depends on how bad someone wants one and what the actual condition is.

Do you have any information on the build? That would be helpful so any prospective buyer would know what parts were used.
Not at the moment. I will get more info soon. I do know he bought the racing pistons and spared no expense.

There's one complete '57 392 engine in Maple Shade NJ for $2800. IMO Whether it's worth it or not depends on how bad someone wants one and what the actual condition is.
Does that seem low? is it all assembled and ready for install?

Not at the moment. I will get more info soon. I do know he bought the racing pistons and spared no expense.
The best thing to do is get it, compile as much info about it as you can, take lots of photos, and make it run with a video. All you are going to get here is guesses and a few low ball offers.

yea? is it listed somewhere? thats 15 min from me.

Not a guess nor a low ball

South Jersey, NJ > Buy & Sell > Auto Parts Sale in South Jersey, NJ > 1957 Chrysler 392 Hemi engine - $2000 (maple shade)
1957 Chrysler 392 Hemi engine - $2000 (maple shade)

1957 Chrysler Imperial 392 Hemi, stock bore.
Heads off, crank still in, rotates fine.
On stand ready for your inspection.
Complete carb to pan. $2800 or $2000 if you want to build a Hot Rod motor and do not need all the stock parts.

For a true good rebuilt 392, probably starting at five grand and going up from there. At least around here, anyway.

I paid 500 for one in 1991... 12.5 Jahns, .060 over... Stolen outta my garage.. bastard only got 7 pistons... one was in the house.

I have a 56 331 truck engine pretty modified that'll probably go 365-375HP. Fresh, never fired. I won't go any less than 4500.

Hello, I have a 1957 392 hemi that I am looking to sell. The story goes my dad bought it and was going to put in his 1934 3 window coupe. Unfortunately, my father passed away recently and never got to complete the car. I was going to use the motor and put it in my 1974 Duster but I decided not too. So now I am looking to sell. Its built, bored, and will be dyno’ed soon by a company down the street so I will have more info soon.

What is the estimated current value of the engine?

I am located in socal. Thank you!
Might wanna check out the c body site. Maybe you have someone's chrysler300 engine

You either gotta bide you time (and that could be a long time) and hope that one guy that’s been looking for one seemingly forever happens along, and has the common sense not to low ball you (only for you to tell him to get stuffed) or you suffer the plethora of typical low ballers, flippers, opportunists. I’d be perusing any early Hemi forums and groups out there and try to get an average valuation.Seems $5000 give or take depending on condition and parts used would be a good ballpark

Last edited:
-
Back