Gimli Race Day in Gimli, Manitoba

-

67DartGT340

Reaction score
Went to the Gimli Drags today and watched some wicked races. Good showing of some old and new Mopars and other great cars. Top run was the grey 90's Camaro, it went 9.70 and 198 mph. The Hot Rod was amazing as well. ! was really impressed with the 74 Dart (White one) running a 340, he was winning his trials and beat a 383 easily. The 69 GTS 340 had a rough day hooking up so his times were down. The ski doo racer was neat to watch, only in Canada eh?

Very nice pics, I had a 70 Charger rt/se 440 auto , had it for 20 years , it was bought new at Chudd,s in Gimli Manitoba ,

Man...I always wondered what happened to jim ross's old car...we were talking about this car yesterday afternoon...
Man it sure looks good now..!!

newross.jpg

Back when I put it together.
ross.jpg

Yes Rob it is a very cool lookig car. It was the first race I saw. Sorry I can't remember the stats on his run, but it moved pretty good. Hey I was with Bill tonight, good job on the 750 carb, seems to be running nice.

Saturday was a lot of fun playing with Bill's Swinger...Vic dropped by and saved the day with some fuel line that I could bend up to get that 750 to work.Poor Bill didn't get to pull any wrenches Vic and I were too busy hogging all the work :D
We just scratched the surface as far as the tune up went...next time we'll play with ign boxes and then Bill will see what goes into a real tune up :wink:

So was Bill out burning up the streets ???

I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures of our Saturday thrash it completely slipped my mind...Next time

:sad7::sad7:Sadly, Rob, I got the car home and I noticed something missing when I put her in the garage. Yep, it appears someone at the Pony stole about a quarter inch of rubber off my back tires.:burnout::burnout:

LOL...good one

Next time you come by we'll tweak it a bit more and I'm confidant that you'll be pleasantry surprised as to how much is still left in the old girl :shock:

LOL...good one

Next time you come by we'll tweak it a bit more and I'm confidant that you'll be pleasantry surprised as to how much is still left in the old girl :shock:

Hmmm...maybe I will have to come by and see what you can do with a stock 340 with a 625 AVS Carter....

:sad7::sad7:Sadly, Rob, I got the car home and I noticed something missing when I put her in the garage. Yep, it appears someone at the Pony stole about a quarter inch of rubber off my back tires.:burnout::burnout:

Dave and I were having a little fun on the cruise home. He really wants more horsepower, I thought the Cuda was dong alright.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any more close up pics of the black Dart? 2nd and 3rd to last pics.

Hmmm...maybe I will have to come by and see what you can do with a stock 340 with a 625 AVS Carter....

Mark...

Not a lot that can be done other than what we use to do back in the day...put on a set of Accel copper strand plug wires and a carb off a 440 and then we would spend 29.95 for a Mallory LY dual point dist.:smile:...those were the days

We'll have to have a quick look to see if there are any extra hp hiding some where...

Mark...

Not a lot that can be done other than what we use to do back in the day...put on a set of Accel copper strand plug wires and a carb off a 440 and then we would spend 29.95 for a Mallory LY dual point dist.:smile:...those were the days

We'll have to have a quick look to see if there are any extra hp hiding some where...

Thanks Rob I would definitely like to bring it by one day to get your opinion, and I keep hearing about this awesome GTX of yours as well.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. Do you have any more close up pics of the black Dart? 2nd and 3rd to last pics.

THese are the only pics of it. It had a 360 in it and seemed to be having test /tuning going on. It was running 12.70 when I seen it go.

Now that purple Aspen in 67DartGT340 pics ,..that thing was a rocket, I am trying to remember the times but mid 10's rings a bell. I know no details on the car though.

THese are the only pics of it. It had a 360 in it and seemed to be having test /tuning going on. It was running 12.70 when I seen it go.

Now that purple Aspen in 67DartGT340 pics ,..that thing was a rocket, I am trying to remember the times but mid 10's rings a bell. I know no details on the car though.

So that is why the Black Dart was not so fast. I thought it was a Hemi at first by its look, but after watching it a couple of times I knew that was not the case. Yes that Aspen was amazing!

Yeah, next time I see him there , I am going to get some details about the car.
Where were you sitting, in the stands at the start line???

-
Back