gimme your best mac n cheese recipes

-

DRENO

Reaction score
Lori made mac n cheese but it really wasn't that great.I know there are good ones out there,hoping to find a real good one. I don't like anything like peppers or spicy anything. I do like bacon ,tho . And I like it creamy,not dry. She has tried some of the internet recipes but we haven't had one that was really good. I love mac n cheese, specially with the crusty cheese top. :glasses7:

Caint do it. I'd have to kill you all.

...start with a box of Kraft dinner... :)

..I think what you are looking for is an American recipe..

ian

What You Need

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup milk
1/8 tsp. pepper

COOK macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package; drain well. Return to pan.

STIR in remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.

NOTE Some people brown it in the oven but I like it not browned.

Oh Dave, I've got a KILLER baked mac and cheese recipe passed down from my mom. The only drawback (according to Billy anyway) is that it "uses up every pot in the kitchen" to make and takes a bit of time ... but is it every bit worth the effort. I'll dig it up for you tonight my friend.

KILLER baked mac and cheese recipe passed down from my mom

REALLY looking forward to seeing your mom's recipe, Leanna. Please PM to me to if you don't post it directly here. Baked mac & cheese is the best! And I've got enough pots and pans!

What You Need

2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
3/4 lb. (12 oz.) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1/3 cup milk
1/8 tsp. pepper

COOK macaroni in large saucepan as directed on package; drain well. Return to pan.

STIR in remaining ingredients; cook on low heat until VELVEETA is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring frequently.

NOTE Some people brown it in the oven but I like it not browned.
Thanks for the recipe, sounds tasty. I like it browned, even close to burnt on top.

Oh Dave, I've got a KILLER baked mac and cheese recipe passed down from my mom. The only drawback (according to Billy anyway) is that it "uses up every pot in the kitchen" to make and takes a bit of time ... but is it every bit worth the effort. I'll dig it up for you tonight my friend.[/QUOTE)

Geez Leanna , you got me drooling already. I will be on the lookout for your post. Thanks for replying sweety. :D

1) cook up a pound of macaroni drain dont rinse in same pot.
2)add a pound of american cheese cut up.
3) add a pound of chedder or cheese of choice.( Munster, is my favorite)
4) stir together add milk to suit not to runny Salt & pepper to liking
5) put in caserole dish and bake at 375* for 1 hour.
6)sit down and enjoy (I like apple sauce on the side to dip into optional)

Okay Dave and Ken, sorry to keep your mouths watering all day but it's been a busy one. Please let me know if this goes over as well at your house as it does at mine! :-D

Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 cup macaroni
1 cup Velveeta Cheese (1/4 of a brick or so to taste)
White Sauce (recipe follows)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Boil macaroni til tender. Drain and set aside.

Chop the Velveeta into little bricks so it'll melt faster; alternatively, you can try grating it if you're into frustration and sticky cheese fingers.

Add Velveeta to prepared White Sauce over low heat, stirring occasionally until the cheese is fully melted. Add cooked macaroni and stir gently until well blended. Place the mixture in a well-buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Dot the top with a few little chunks of Velveeta. Bake uncovered for 15 mins or til lightly browned.

White Sauce

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk

Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring constantly til smooth. Add milk gradually and allow it to cook until the mixture starts to get thick. Add salt and pepper. If it's lumpy, stir it vigorously with a whisk til smooth.

Mac and cheese with prosciutto(or bacon). 2 cups macoaroni,1 1/2 cups packed grated Gruyere cheese (6 oz.),1 cup whipping cream,1 cup milk,3 oz.of prosciutto if using bacon fry it up and crumble,3 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese,1/8 teaspoon nutmeg,butter in slices,panko bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs. heat oven to 440 degrees,butter 11by 7 pan.Cook mac of salted boiling watere drain well.Whusk1/2 cup gruyere,cream,milk meat,parmeson and nutmeg to blend. Mix in noodles.Season with salt and pepper.Put in pan.Sprinkle remaing 1 cup of gruyere over top and sprinkle crumbs over,dot with butter.Bake until cheese melts and is nice a golden brown about 20 minutes and serve

Mac and cheese with prosciutto(or bacon). 2 cups macoaroni,1 1/2 cups packed grated Gruyere cheese (6 oz.),1 cup whipping cream,1 cup milk,3 oz.of prosciutto if using bacon fry it up and crumble,3 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese,1/8 teaspoon nutmeg,butter in slices,panko bread crumbs or cornflake crumbs. heat oven to 440 degrees,butter 11by 7 pan.Cook mac of salted boiling watere drain well.Whusk1/2 cup gruyere,cream,milk meat,parmeson and nutmeg to blend. Mix in noodles.Season with salt and pepper.Put in pan.Sprinkle remaing 1 cup of gruyere over top and sprinkle crumbs over,dot with butter.Bake until cheese melts and is nice a golden brown about 20 minutes and serve

The Goulash recipe you posted came out great...

Leanna has us covered with a traditional version and yours is for when we want something new, thanks.

Read the recipes (YUM!!!) this morning and now have a shopping trip planned on the way home from work tonight!

Thanks for all the recipes folks,they look delicious. You're right Leanna that is a killer recipe,thanks a bunch. Time to fatten up!:D

-
Back