Going Green.....

-
I am curious if you are using the stock fuel tank? Any concerns with evaporation if you are?

RCI 5 gallon fuel cell...will change out to 8 gallon fuel cell later this year

I am curious if you are using the stock fuel tank? Any concerns with evaporation if you are?
This is the big worry I have heard of......like alcohol , E85 will suck moisture out of the air.
I have a sumped stock tank that will be what I go with initially.
I am considering some kind of seal on the cap if the car has to sit for any length of time and I will drain it for long term. ( We have winters here )
It might be as simple as a baggie under the gas cap while it sits from Sunday eve. to Friday night.
One person with a lot of experience with it told me that storing it in plastic cans or jugs isn't the best either.
Sealed steel cans kept in a cool dry area is optimum.
Around here I am pretty sure I can find it on the way to either track I will run at , and if not , I guess I tote cans. But that is plan B.

I am in Las Vegas NV, there is no moisture to suck out of the air.....LOL....

Got motor and trans out today...got the 904 on the work bench...going to tear it apart..and see if the sprag is damaged...going to put a new roller and spring kit in anyway....5 dollar part...

while apart...i check everything out..and probably at least change out lip seals and sealing ring...check bushings too

well...after tearing this 904 apart...it is going to need a few parts .....front band..and band strut right off the top...

Got a spare 904 in a plastic bag...that looks like the easiest route to go now...

Gotta drill case for transbrake...and it will use a slighty different converter...due to the special hub on this converter only fit this old trans...

Spend the day prepping other 904 to go in car....had to cut off ears and lugs so CRS shield would fit...drill hole for transbrake wiring.....install transbrake valvebody...

did not have my 1/4 npt tap here...at home in other garage....

have to go with different converter on this trans...old trans used a TA 4400 series..this one will have a TA 4200 series...we will see...

Gone Green a second time on 71 Demon....pulled Holley gas carb off this morning..drained 5 gallon of gas...letting fuel lines and fuel cell air out for a couple of days...

Got QTF 950-E85 bolted on....and waiting..

I am becoming such a tree hugger over night...

Birthday....LOL

Got the spare trans all ready to go...brake wiring hooked up...converter dropped in...trans with shield bolted back to 360 again....

hopefully it goes back into car tomorrow.....

95 Degrees....sweeting like a pig in the garage...but the job has to be done

Got the 360/904 back in....left headers in car...took a few extra minutes...but in all was faster...I always could have too a saw too them...LOL..couple of zip ties to hold them out of the way....experience...old people know how to do it better...LOL

also left electric water pump and alternator on engine....again...time saving...

taking a break...sipping on big gulp.....gotta get under car and get cross member in...probably call it a day then....

95*? Ouch.......just went to get a bag of pellets for the stove...thermometer said 38*.....

Good you are making progress. FYI......you should be drinking water, not soda......Just going to dehydrate you more.......lol....

....got cross member installed ..stabbed a couple bolts thru it...and quit....

just need to finish bolts on crossmember...headers..and radiator....distributor..and fire the motor...

yeah....drank too much soda...lol.

need to put carb back

and fire the motor...

Hoping to get swamp cooler in it this summer....was out of town all last year...

I picked up a like new 18,000 btu air conditioner off of craigslist for $50 for those 90+ degree days. Those swamp coolers work pretty good too I hear.

Out here in Vegas...with very little humidity they work pretty good....

Well..pretty close to being done...I broke the transmission cooler...so summt got the call this afternoon...be here tomorrow.....got to put the cables on the starter....then done...except have not gotten to the driveshaft place yet ....no biggie...car will be done in time for next race or tnt..

realized today that i had a senior moment yesterday...i was looking for an email from summit to see when my trans cooler would arrive..should have been here today, there was no record of the order in my account at summit and paypal showed no transaction either....I guess I forgot to hit the completion order button at bottom of page....well...got it ordered today...

Going to go to drive line shop in morning to get new driveshaft made...probably will not be ready until tuesday...and last at not least spend sometime going thru fuel cell...vent fitting was somewhat loose ...kept smelling that corn....

after many years in the car..i was surprised how clean the cell was....anyway..this thing should be ready to rock n roll by the middle of next week....

-
Back