Going through divorce, please help me, any idea of value?

-
sell it to someone you can trust for like a dollar. Then once everything is done, collect it for .75 on a depreciated value.
No that won't work here in WI. People try that all the time, from one Wisconsinite to another, sorry to hear about your situation, and these guys are right, you'll get through this in time, who knows you might even end up as friends, happened to my best friend anyway the lawyers will make you go get an appraisal for your triumph and dart, so it really doesnt matter what anyone thinks your stuff is worth,
>>>>Posted from above yes WI is a state that goes along with this:
"You didn't mention if you've had the car or the wife longer, but some states consider property you owned before the marriage or acquired after separation as "sole and separate property." She may not have any standing to make claim on it if you owned it before you got married."
good luck wish you all the best and thanks for your service to the country.

If you had the the car and bike before you met her...I tell her she gets neither.

and make the smallest payment allowed so every time she looks in her purse she can be reminded of how much you did for your family before she decided to break it up.

get a PI also.
If she did this for someone else.....she gets nothing-cheater

If you had the the car and bike before you met her...I tell her she gets neither.

and make the smallest payment allowed so every time she looks in her purse she can be reminded of how much you did for your family before she decided to break it up.

get a PI also.
If she did this for someone else.....she gets nothing-cheater
WI is No fault dont waist your money.

... >>>>Posted from above yes WI is a state that goes along with this:
"You didn't mention if you've had the car or the wife longer, but some states consider property you owned before the marriage or acquired after separation as "sole and separate property." She may not have any standing to make claim on it if you owned it before you got married."
good luck wish you all the best and thanks for your service to the country.

Thanks for the backup Stroker! Having never lived in Wisconsin I wasn't sure. It's called a "community property" state.

And a big x2 on the thanks for your service to our country. :-D I hope all of this works out for you and your children.

Keep the car, give her the bike. If the bike is worth more she'll think she's getting the better end of it, till her new beau gets run over by an SUV dipshit talking on his cell phone.

The car needs work, it'll give you something to keep you busy when you don't have the kids.

You'll be happier and live longer.

Keep the car, give her the bike. If the bike is worth more she'll think she's getting the better end of it, till her new beau gets run over by an SUV dipshit talking on his cell phone.

The car needs work, it'll give you something to keep you busy when you don't have the kids.

You'll be happier and live longer.

Probably the bestest idea yet.

No fault is a good deal. If she contributed nothing; get nothing. Fl here.
If car and bike bought by you-yours. House, etc different.(if she worked).Child support, yes, but lawyer it down. Keep the car, get an appraisal (in this economy?; make it look like ****, non-running) submit that appraisal to court. Let her and lawyer pay for new one. Lawyers don't know crap about old cars, and won't want to spend his dime on getting another appraisal, which still can be argued.
Sorry about your situation.
My first wife, I totaled her 67 GTO, titled over my 70 Duster. Re-married her, divorce again, she gave it back, thinking it was worth about $750.
Car worth more, as your kids can ride in it. Calm down and think it through slow. Especially the paperwork, ans is she being un-reasonable; according to the state law, and what the judge can order.

(1) keep the bike and have someone she doesn't know by the car back for you. Where is she going to put that car without getting a letter from the locals to remove it. It doesn't look driveable. Flat tires will make it even harder to tow. (2) The car is worth $300 scrap at $10.00 a hundered lbs. In a suits eyes. Have her lawyer make you an offer and agree to Drop it off out side his office for $300. I'll bet he won't want it. And then put it there anyway for free. He'll have it towed and you having the title can pay the towing and keep the car after she don't claim it. Your wife will not want the car if its going to cost he money. She is only going to take what she gets for free. You can use other ways to do the same.The bottom line is (3) Give her the car in pieces make her pay to remove it. The more they have to work to get it the more it will cost her. More than likely she won't pay. The bike will be easy money for her don' do it. Been there

I'm of the reverse. Keep the car because the effort is high in re-doing it. Cost and finding parts only gets harder.

Give her the bike. Another bike is easy to come by.

The car is good for the head & soul to work on and drive in. Excellent stress relief and the mond can still wander if need be unlike a bike, which needs absoulte eyes on the road and brain on 100% lest something bad happen.
(Been there done that on my bike.)

While I miss my 03 sporty, I can allways pick up one from the papers
craigs list etc...... Or simply a new one, which wold be worth it im my book. Nothing like a new bike.
Finding a car like yours is harder to find in the known shape it's in.

Best of luck with this!

I went thru this a couple years ago. Your state laws may vary, but the fact she filed makes it rougher. However... You add up all the assets at current market value. Then you add up all the debt. Thsi is for both of you, includes house, "stuff" etc. Just no tools or equipment if you use them to earn a living. Then they take the total and dived by 2. She has no ability to "take" anything and all values need to be agreed on before the horse trading starts. If the car is in progress, in this market, it's worht $100. Leave it up to her to prove otherwise. Same with the bike. If she has a bunch of stuff she likes, music, movies, cooking stuff, anything, you can count your 1/2 of her stuff as "payment" for your stuff. If you haven't, get a lawyer and dont sign ANYTHING until you do. Verbal commitments mean nothing. You must not trust anything she says she'll do if it's not in writing. I still love my ex and we still talk, and I wouldn't trust her to do anything on my behalf. She's not leaving because she's respectable. Sorry to be blunt but life sucks when you're in this. It's a purely business deal. Treat her like a used car salemen, or better yet, like a total stranger that gives you the creaps.

If she says the car is wort $3000 and the bike is worth X amount,put it on her side.Tell her she can have them.

Guarantee she wont do it.She doesnt want either.

Been there done that with my 65 Dart.

Also found out her scumb bag lawyer was trying to get my car for her payment.
Nice try.

Mailman,

Hate to be nosy but what type Triumph you have?

I'm getting a 2011 Triumph Rocket Roadster when ever my dealer finally gives me a call.

my Triumph is a 1997 Adventurer Triple- Aubergine/Silver 14k mi

I just want to thank everyone again for the support. It means alot. Things get stupider by the day lately!! i keep saying, 'It's a blessing in disguise' no more getting bitched at for spending the ocasional sunday in the garage working on the Dart. My bad! Bummer I can't (or wont) touch it till things are final. recently that was one of the complaints on why I caused this, the other is that I worked too much and was always tired, Shame on me for bustin my *** so we could live comfortably during the recent economy. anyway, thanks again. I had a buddy at work, who was actually a former Airforce Ammo Troop like myself, and a current mailman like myself, and has a number of muscle cars, too bad he's a chevy guy, hey, no ones perfect. Any way, he suggested I take his daughter out when things get over, She's a nurse and is pretty flippin' hot. Maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel....ha!!

Nice car... I would have it look like someone gave you a couple thousand... With no real money changing hands its only paper work, do your best to hide the "profit" with other things and when its over buy it back with the same fake money you sold it for! Hang in there... it does get better... I been to "D-Town" myself!!! You would only have to come up with half and buy her out! Find a person you know would not take advantage of you and sign it over... then get it back after awhile!

Well John, I've read it all and an appraisal is only a pie in the sky. An apraisal would obviously be a local opinion of it's value. What something is worth means "What could you sell it for today". It's always a crap shoot and a gamble to own a collector car or a project car hoping you can get out of it what you spent. Seldom happens at least in my world but some advice for you that you may find helpful is in the "Old Cars Report Price Guide". This is a national publication that reflects prices of cars of all types that HAVE sold either in auctions or known private treaty sales. Another REAL way to establish the TRUE value of that particular car on that particular day is to find an auctioneer that is having a farm sale in your area and consign your car in his sale. Just to find the real value let him seek bids and at the end if you still would like to keep it then "No Sale" it. That would constitute a real world appraisal. Get it in writing from the auction company. Below i have listed a value of your car according to the trader book i mentioned before. Hope it helps. At least you will know of a place to determine the value when they start getting stupid.
The book places your car in the value range of $304-$7600
#1 car= $7600, Mint trailer queen. Better than showroom new.
#2 car= $5300, May sometimes be mistaken for a #1 car
#3 car= $3420, Very Good, amateur restoration, at 20' appears perfect
#4 car= $1520, Good, Drivable car, poor amateur restoration
#5 car= $912 , Restorable, This car needs everything, May or may not run, minor surface rust. Essentially all there.
#6 car= $304, Parts car, may or may not be running, This is an incomplete car or is greatly deteriorated.
These are not my values i've determined but those of a national publication that many dealers and collectors alike hold the greatest confidence in. I've sometimes found them to be somewhat over priced as i've had cars for sale and couldn't get out of em what these guys have stated the worth of. Having said that, according to these numbers i'd place your car, from what you've shown us, in the high #6 to the low #5 range putting a value at $500-$700. Hope this helps. I'd like to hear 360Scamps take on this value. Hello JR.
Small Block

I think its just total bull **** that they could take your things, its bad enough that she is leaving you then she wants your pride and joy, F**k that. Just my 2 cents.

Too bad about your situation. Yet another great reason why I'll never, ever get married. Never!

I'd value the car less than $500

Wylde1.

-
Back