Going under the knife a week from tomorrow

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ulnar Nerve Entrapment at the Elbow (Cubital Tunnel Syndrome) and fix arther in my thumb joint.

Been checking out the surgical videos of both procedures 6-8 weeks down time then rehab.

Getting both done at the same time saves me from two surgeries. 3-4 hours for both

Been practicing typing with my left hand

Anyone else have the pleasure of having this done?

The pic depicts what could happen if this is not done. Makes wrenching difficult

clinical image intrinsic minus 360.jpg

Last edited:
Best of luck to you! That example almost looks like a Trump tan! :lol:

Keeping you and the doctors in my prayers when this surgery is started, posative thoughts and knowing you you have posative energy with in you .

I've had several major surgeries. You've just gota get in and get it over with. Also, make sure that you take the time to heal and take the physical therapy seriously. I still can't turn my head all the way to the left because I didn't take my own advice. Best of luck.

I hope it goes well for you!

If laughter helps, I did think seeing these two posts together was funny - May the Force be with you;

knife.JPG

I had carpal tunnel release don't on both at once. I learned that a orthopedic doc will cut palms. Neurologist will cut wrists. I went with orthopedic to keep fingers free/unbandaged. That is the main reason not to have the neuro surgery done to both at once ).
I could at least do my own paper work if you catch my drift. Good luck to you.

Yes, I had the Carpel Tunnel done to both hands back in the late 90s. Ortho doc went through the palm. When i started having symptoms of the right ring and pinky finger I thought the Carpel Tunnel had come back. Thinking back I'm sure all the blows to my arms during martial arts training over 15 years may have something to do with my problem.

Yes, I had the Carpel Tunnel done to both hands back in the late 90s. Ortho doc went through the palm. When i started having symptoms of the right ring and pinky finger I thought the Carpel Tunnel had come back. Thinking back I'm sure all the blows to my arms during martial arts training over 15 years may have something to do with my problem.

For those who may be interested hers's what they do

Funny you mention martial arts training. I just gave it up a few months ago. Joints are aching. I just can't keep up with this on top of what I do.

How did it all go today?

Funny you mention martial arts training. I just gave it up a few months ago. Joints are aching. I just can't keep up with this on top of what I do.

How did it all go today?

Yeah, same here. While training had a partner several years ago put me in a submission hold and lost his footing. Came down on my neck with most of his weight. I was out for 6 months with that one. Doc told me to stop. So I started assisting with classes but that's hard to do if you can't demonstrate technique. It's all catching up

Good luck with your procedure

I have been taking 100 mg grape seed extract for the last 4 years for my CTS and my hands have never felt better.

Wife's nurosurgeron recommended it to me when she was in for check up and she told him I was the one with a problem. Best advise I have ever gotten from a doctor.

Good luck with your procedure

I have been taking 100 mg grape seed extract for the last 4 years for my CTS and my hands have never felt better.

Wife's nurosurgeron recommended it to me when she was in for check up and she told him I was the one with a problem. Best advise I have ever gotten from a doctor.

Wish I had done that when I started having symptoms several years ago. surgeon says it's too far along for the non evasive approach.

Addin you to the prayer list.

-
Back