Good day racing!

-

pettybludart

Reaction score
Went to my first Nostalgia event today and met up with some other FABO racers.Glad to see everybody and their A-bodies running great.See y,all at the next event.:cheers:

well...you got any times..pictures or anything?

C'mon Scott, don't keep us in the dark...Share the pictures...LOL...

No pics..I was driving :burnout:I was hoping that some of the other members that were there with friends/family(that we're taking pics/vids,would post some up.:wack: I made 4 passes before racing started, running [email protected] round I red light .014 LOL:wack: Out of 30 passes so far this year,this was my first red light.I gotta get me a Go-Pro camera.

It was a great day Scott. First time out since the head swap. Ran three 11.70's and an 11.68 in time trials. Ran an 11.70 on a an 11.68 dial on the brakes first round and got the bye second round. Ran flat out to an 11.53 at 118.5 mph, my best of the day. Ran an 11.60 on an 11.58 dial to lose next round. Went back out for a time trial to try and back up the 11.53, but went 11.64 at 117.9. Over all almost 3 tenths and over 3 mph improvement over my best time last year. Drove the car to the track, bolted on the slicks and ran it through the exhaust. Made 8 passes and drove it home, a successful day.

I'm hoping I can find out who the girl was taking the pictures at the line. She must have some good shots.

It was a great day Scott. First time out since the head swap. Ran three 11.70's and an 11.68 in time trials. Ran an 11.70 on a an 11.68 dial on the brakes first round and got the bye second round. Ran flat out to an 11.53 at 118.5 mph, my best of the day. Ran an 11.60 on an 11.58 dial to lose next round. Went back out for a time trial to try and back up the 11.53, but went 11.64 at 117.9. Over all almost 3 tenths and over 3 mph improvement over my best time last year. Drove the car to the track, bolted on the slicks and ran it through the exhaust. Made 8 passes and drove it home, a successful day.

I'm hoping I can find out who the girl was taking the pictures at the line. She must have some good shots.

Here are some shots from this weekend. These links were posted on the OSCA web site. There is one for sure of your car Dave and a couple of Scott's.
I haven't looked at all of the pics yet.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76993172@N06/sets/72157644216618868/show

https://www.flickr.com/photos/76993172@N06/sets/72157644215632258/show

Thanks for the links Keith. I found two of my car at speed, but none at the line. Some nice pics of Scott's car and his buddy's Duster.

Thanks for posting the links to pics Keith,I knew somebody was taking pics.Yes there was a few members running personal bests.:DGlad to see the winter upgrades paying off.:cheers:

I e-mailed the track to see if I can find out who the other photographer was. Here are a couple of action shots from last year, until I find some new ones.

Attachments

• Cayuga Burnout.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Cayuga Race 2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 206
No pics..I was driving :burnout:I was hoping that some of the other members that were there with friends/family(that we're taking pics/vids,would post some up.:wack: I made 4 passes before racing started, running [email protected] round I red light .014 LOL:wack: Out of 30 passes so far this year,this was my first red light.I gotta get me a Go-Pro camera.

You're a better man than me...I don't think I would have titled the post "Good day racing" if I went red rd 1, LOL!! It's good you're having fun win or lose, that's the way it should be :thumbup:

You're a better man than me...I don't think I would have titled the post "Good day racing" if I went red rd 1, LOL!! It's good you're having fun win or lose, that's the way it should be :thumbup:
It was more for the other FABO members running their personal bests.I don,t take the "winning/losing" to serious,I,m just glad to be out having fun.:D

A bad day racing is still better than the best day working , unless you work at testing race cars , even then it's a push .

Glad to see you guys getting out... PTRA is at Sparta this weekend, I might check it out. I'm hoping to get out soon with something.

Good luck this season and congrats on the PB's!

Scott, somebody just posted a video of the entire race. You need to Google ONDR May 10, 2014 Cayuga. I think you are on just before me around the 1 minute mark. Nice shot of my best time on the bye run at 13:20 (how appropriate)

Dave

Happy to report, Ray Costell in his 66 Dart has now gone 8.97 @ 144 & change this weekend @ Milan Dragway. AND...it is a SMALL BLOCK 60' is 1.177 904 trans and a Moser 9. Not just one pass. This car is legit!

-
Back