Votes: 58 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Tawny Demon

Reaction score
I have the opportunity to buy a set of bbp front spinals, A-arms, calipers,metering valve and rotors from an old salvage yard for a hundred dollars the set up is complete unmolested originals so original in fact the upper ball joints still have there ma mopar part numbers. so tell me if its a good deal i would like all honesty. thank you .Tawny Demon

Im general, I'd say yes. What else do you need to convert?
This vs. a $600+ system from a place? Worth it?

It's a good deal.
Jump on it even if you have to replace all of the wear items.
It doesn't get better than this.
Jump on it!

I don't know what spinals are, but I paid 45 a side for the uprights complete dust cap to steering arm, and even including the flex hose off an eighties M body in a reasonably close U pull it yard. Upper control arms would have been another 10 a piece.

Of course, by the time I replace the rotors with the bigger B body cop car pieces (already purchased, new from NAPA), replace the caliper brackets with '78 pin type from a Cordoba (15 each) to match the rotors, replace the calipers themselves with the new pin types to match the brackets (already purchased, new from NAPA), replace the flex lines with braided, yank off the existing original discs off the '76, surplus the original control arms and the set of previously purchased sway bar bracketed ones for modified B body pieces requiring custom tubular uppers, I don't know how much of a steal you end up with.

I bought my spindles and upper arms and caliper brackets for $60 out of ecology.

I don't buy used calipers if I can help it, or anything with seals when dealing with used brake parts unless obsolete.
You can rebuilt calipers with core trade for like $20each last I looked.

consider all that....you got an average price.

whats really hard to find.... are kelseyhays spindles, thats worth $300.

but 300 for the late setup?...thats shIsty

I sold just the spindles an upper arms to a guy in Cali for $180.00 a few months back, the guy had a hot rod shop and didn't think twice about the price...

Sounds like a great deal to me. Picked up a complete disc set up including prop valve and upper arms for $300 last year. Like others said if you pass on them let me know where they are.

Was a terrible deal. Send it to me and I will double your money.

I got the spindles today a hundred bucks 4 hours & one broken ball joint fork latter ive got them from Berkly towing and auto salvage check this place out they have all sorts of mopar A B & C bodies mostly a bodies though the guy is wicked decent and will let you walk the yard and is willing to deal hope you all will try to check this place out. just thought id pass on some help

-
Back