Good Guy Alert AutoXcuda

-

turbodart68

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to call Steve out and tell him what a good guy he is for risking his life on a crazy LA freeway to stop and help me when my ramp truck broke down. Thanks for the starting fluid! I owe you one!! He didn't know me or who I was he just stopped when he saw a Mopar broken down on the side of the road. Thanks again!!

photo4.jpg

Awesome of AutoXCuda and thx for sharing :thumblef:

Stopping to help on a freeway in LA is life threatening!

Hey guys, just wanted to call Steve out and tell him what a good guy he is for risking his life on a crazy LA freeway to stop and help me when my ramp truck broke down. Thanks for the starting fluid! I owe you one!! He didn't know me or who I was he just stopped when he saw a Mopar broken down on the side of the road. Thanks again!!

No problem.

I went by in the left lane on the 605 fwy in rush hour traffic. The Super Bee caught my eye, but I couldn't get over in time. So I got off at the next exit, went back an exit, and then got back to where turbodart68 was.

So turbodart68, was the problem what you thought it was?

Did you still make it up to the track and make some runs?

It spooked me how close your rig was to the freeway should stripe! Did you get out on the passenger side?

Attachments

• PICT1772.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 100
Awesome of AutoXCuda and thx for sharing :thumblef:

Stopping to help on a freeway in LA is life threatening!

True. But it's a Mopar guy. I figured I might know him...

Heck he knew me before I said a word. I guess he put 2 and 2 together when he saw my Justice Brothers truck.

Attachments

• Copy of 12_24_10Lg04.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 98
  • PICT5362.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 91
Very cool.Sweet car.Kind of ironic,2 FABO members run into each other on the 605.:glasses7:

No problem.

I went by in the left lane on the 605 fwy in rush hour traffic. The Super Bee caught my eye, but I couldn't get over in time. So I got off at the next exit, went back an exit, and then got back to where turbodart68 was.

So turbodart68, was the problem what you thought it was?

Did you still make it up to the track and make some runs?

It spooked me how close your rig was to the freeway should stripe! Did you get out on the passenger side?

The fuel tank selector valve stuck and I ran one tank out of fuel and wasn't able to switch over to the other tank. I did make it out to the track, thanks to you and AAA. I wish I had a better option for pulling over but I was in the carpool lane and it ran out then i had to cross all lanes of traffic without it running. Ever try to stop a big truck without power steering or hydroboost? what scary proposition. I was afraid I was going to drill the guardrail and so I wasnt as aggressive as I could have been on getting it over. So getting out the pass side was my only option!

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...-Beater-A12-Super-Bee-at-Irwindale-last-night

The fuel tank selector valve stuck and I ran one tank out of fuel and wasn't able to switch over to the other tank. I did make it out to the track, thanks to you and AAA. I wish I had a better option for pulling over but I was in the carpool lane and it ran out then i had to cross all lanes of traffic without it running. Ever try to stop a big truck without power steering or hydroboost? what scary proposition. I was afraid I was going to drill the guardrail and so I wasnt as aggressive as I could have been on getting it over. So getting out the pass side was my only option!

http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...-Beater-A12-Super-Bee-at-Irwindale-last-night

I know the feeling

I got stuck in the very left "fast lane" going northbound from San Diego to Los Angeles on a Sunday afternoon. Traffic was too slow and heavy for me to even get over. Float or metering rod was stuck. I think I took the metering rod lid off and moved things around. All with a hundreds of cars going back to L.A. from the weekend trying to drive around me. :violent1:

Every once in a great while the neadle and seat assy. that screws into the AVS top plate would get loose on me. About 3-4 times in 10 years. Usually at a bad time. Once in high desert Utah. I managed to get to a rest stop, but I dropped and lost one of the AVS top plate screws in the gravel. :banghead:

-
Back