Good WWII interview/documentary

-
Thanks..........have to watch this when I get time.

Thank you! What's so astounding is these were teenagers carrying out these missions. Great to watch, and I kept looking for the pilot's eyes to get misty, as mine sure did, but it didn't happen. Stoic.

Thank you! What's so astounding is these were teenagers carrying out these missions. Great to watch, and I kept looking for the pilot's eyes to get misty, as mine sure did, but it didn't happen. Stoic.

I think a reason for using so young-a-blokes was that they thought they were bullet proof....you know, balls the size of pumpkins.....nearly all young fellas 18 to 23 think they are bullet proof.
Great story....enjoyed it immensley

Wow...thanks for the share. I have sent it to others...It makes me so sad that our youth have no idea what our parents did...

Wow...thanks for the share. I have sent it to others...It makes me so sad that our youth have no idea what our parents did...

I agree. It seems the patriotic mindset from that era is a thing of the past. Nobody seems to think anything is worth fighting for anymore. Just give me my game boy and everything I need to live for free and leave me alone. Sad.

His reaction to seeing that film footage for the first time, and realizing it was himself was PRICELESS!!! I would love to spend a day with that guy listening to his stories.

Nice , These guys were BADASS and these planes were the ultimate piston engine hot rods.......I've been into WWII stuff since high school.

Thanks so much for posting the link to the outstanding film.
Those young men were truly the "greatest generation".
I've always been a WWII buff since I'm part of the "baby boom" generation.

Here is a toughie...

Where was this one made ? Not sure if any exist...

MacKay%20pic.jpg

-
Back