memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A drummer for a band here in town had a hard attack and they need
a drummer that know's old rock to country songs,
three to four times a month.

I will be talking to them about a time to get together and hear the songs they do and see if I have not rusted up to much.
Music has been missing in my life for to long.
I am retired and I and my wife thinks it would be good for me.

Yep I am pump again. :rock::rock::rock::-D

Down side is a 60 mile trip one time a month, but the other three places are with in 20 miles and less. $125 a night but its not for the money.:-D

Happy Happy To get invited :clock:

GO FOR IT MIKE!!!!! I stopped playing guitar about 9 years ago and forgot everything other than Iorn Man. :disgust:

Passin my sticks, headphones and Caress of Steel cd over to you Mike ... now get in there and practice dang it. Make us all proud!

GO FOR IT MIKE!!!!! I stopped playing guitar about 9 years ago and forgot everything other than Iorn Man. :disgust:

Thanks 360 and Leanna!! I am, and I will.
Time to get in shape and listen to there cd of music
and give it 100 percent :cheers:

hahahahahaha muppet metal!!!:rock:

im also trying to get the old band back together...still gotta get my amp fixed

You've got to do what makes you happy Mike. I've been without a motorcyle for three years now and I still have dreams about riding. My whole attitude and demeanor changes when I get back from a ride. I imagine it would be the same in regards to your music. Do it!

Good morning everyone! and thanks for the show Bigdummy.:-D:-D

I will be getting a cd or tape of there music Sunday or monday.

Yes Ramcharger, I believe you are right.
I hope you get back on a motorcyle soon soon soon.:cheers:

I just quit a band last September that I had been in for 9 years. I miss playing (especially at the big events, roll those knobs over on the Marshall, crank up the PRS and hit that first big A chord ..DAMN...) but I don`t miss the alcoholism, drug abuse, and politics involved ....and after all of these years you would think we`d be over that. It never changes .....even with adults!!! Keep it real Mike and you`ll have a good time! Let us know how it pans out.

Alright Mike!!! go for it, beat them drums and pretend the cymbal is the guys head who took your Valiant.

Ha good one, Memike will be smashing those heads like John Bonham LOL!! Go Mike GO.......be sure to tell us of your adventures after being on stage:cheers:

Uhttp://www.myspace.com/sticks_and_strings
up date up date :blob:
The band Sticks and String have called me this morning.
Look's like I am going to white river lounge to watch them and may set in on the drums tonight. These guys are all about my age and the lead singer
Terry has ask if I could ride with them tonight.
Click on the my space and see the band.

Time to shine my shoes and find a nice hat for this balding ol guy.
Yep!! Here I go on a new venture in my life.:smilebox:

I can't wait to tell my friends here at home and let Tony "onehellofadart"know. :rock:

Hay John!! I am going to make some noise tonight.:cheers:

I got home this morning at 4:30 and had a great time.
These old guys sure know how to get the crowd up on the dance floor!:cheers:
The crowed did not show until 9:30 So we had some good time talking and
getting to know the band,
They did old time rock for white river country club, Bob Seager to Born to be wild and they have a wild Folson Prison rendition.:thumbrig:soft at first then BANG double time rock the song
A Great butch of folks having a good time in Batesville Arkansas "Mark Martin home town".
The drummer that played for them last night lived there and his name was Mike also but was a big younger guy. He did a good job!:thumblef:
But Treva told Tony that I could play every song they did lastnight and I was a tighter drummer not to take anything away from the fill in drummer.
When I got off the drums the band and drummer was happy with my rendition of born to be wild they played on the sound system the dj played for me. The drums where WAAAAY to high for me but it was a blast to
play again and show them I could handle there songs just fine.:toothy8:
Treva reminded me of the crowd of about 75 and band applauding Treva and I as we walked of the dance floor. Yep Treva and I have been together along time
and we have had some good times spinning on the dance floor. They where freaked out and said Damn you two should be on that dancing show.
I did not know about this till Treva told me this morning.:love3:

I have two CD's to listen to for the next time out.
All I will have to do is show up and set the there drums up for my self.
and the lead singer told me to come by his house and pick up a set of pear
drums he has and take them home with me, He is a great front man and funny as hell.:toothy7:
Tony is a left handed guitar player and key boards player that works with Treva at the hospital. The bass player Jimmy is a hoot to watch and has more bass runs then any one would need.:thumbrig:
I just got up and know I am finally in a band again.:cheers:

1ebay402 001.jpg

ebay402 009.jpg

ebay402 010.jpg

2ebay402%20013[1].JPG

ebay402 011.jpg

ebay402 014.jpg

Thanks Ramcharger, OldVart and all here, Treva and I did have a good one, and like Leanna said I am sore :happy10:
this morning but it was from the dancing, Not by playing the drums.

-
Back