Got burned by a member, should I out him????

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JBurch

Reaction score
A member here has thus far burned me for a part I sold and shipped to him. I have sent several pm's asking to be paid, no responce.

The sum of money is not great, less than $20.00(part and including shipping). To me, it's the principle of the matter; he wanted a part, I had it, he ageed to the price, he wanted it ASAP, I mailed it USPS flat rate priority envolope.

Out him, or what?

Thanks,

Jim Burch

Get paid first next time....if the dude screwed you and your sure he isn't ill or out of town or something then RAT him out so no one else has to get burned.

I don't know, I'm very active on a Jeep board and had a similar situation where we agreed to each send something we needed. I sent mine and he never did, I let it slide because it was a piddly little thing, but if it were of greater value I would feel that I had to front them out.

Tough call, maybe they'll see this thread and make it right.

That's what I'm hoping, oh and BTW he's a senior member, not some first time poster.

Depends on the length of time since you've asked to get your money. I'd at least throw the name out there so the rest of us can be weary. maybe he;s testing the waters around here waiting for the big ticket? Who knows.

A member here has thus far burned me for a part I sold and shipped to him. I have sent several pm's asking to be paid, no responce.

The sum of money is not great, less than $20.00(part and including shipping). To me, it's the principle of the matter; he wanted a part, I had it, he ageed to the price, he wanted it ASAP, I mailed it USPS flat rate priority envolope.

Out him, or what?

Thanks,

Jim Burch
Give them some time. Stuff happens and people get busy. For less than $20, I would just send a weekly email to him/her for a few weeks then just state the facts when you out them. Something like: "sold a part to ????? 6 weeks ago, no payment & no response" Or if you think they are possibly ripping people off alot you may want to do it sooner.

I would have sent a PM to a moderator first before starting this thread, sometimes a message from a mod gets faster results. Plus, these threads are always a train wreck.

Has he logged on a few times after you sent him the PMs and then didn't reply? If that's been going on for 10+ days, I'd probably mention his name. I mean, we can all get caught up in things and not get around to something right away, but if it's been a couple weeks, or he's been logging on and not responding, it may be time to give him a bigger poke.

I for one have a LOT of medical problems.....up to and including really bad memory loss from an explosion I was involved in years ago. When I do business with someone I purposely include that and let them know to feel free to remind me....because I will forget easily. Although since you say you've sent several PMs, that probably isn't his problem.

That's what I'm hoping, oh and BTW he's a senior member, not some first time poster.

how long has it been since you made the deal and you sent the item

i do many transactions here. i can get a day or two behind sometimes. i know how it goes, but communication is everything.

I would ask for a mod to assist-- then if no response-- time for names, Lawrence

Last time I heard from him was 4/23/12...........I'm a patient person, I can understand having problems, I'll even admit that there are days I still think $20.00 is alot of money!

I'm sitting here, not sure of what to say; it's not the money, it's the principle of the matter................

Waddya do?

I let it slide, thinking it wasn't worth the hassle,, but then learned the guy had burned others since my deal... Then I felt shitty for not sounding off and warning others..

so,, you're doing the right thing,, and I wish I had got a mod involved sooner.. good luck.

and No,, my deal was never resolved.. such is life..

Last time I heard from him was 4/23/12...........I'm a patient person, I can understand having problems, I'll even admit that there are days I still think $20.00 is alot of money!

I'm sitting here, not sure of what to say; it's not the money, it's the principle of the matter................

Waddya do?

In My Opinion, 2 months, is WAY more than enough time to take care of his end. i am NOT trying to start a train wreck here. i have seen 99% of these threads turn into one. it is NOT all about the money, but all about doing what you say you are going to do. it doesnt matter if it is 6$ or 500$ the principle is the same. you sent the item on good faith, yes , its the risk we take, BUT ,that doesnt excuse the fact that he has not responded to you with even at the very minimum, a reason for the delay. if you dont want to name drop, at least PM me a name, so that I dont get the shaft, and i can find out his last log-in. there are times that i send parts without the money first. like i say, communication is everything, yes, **** happens in life, but if he has logged on fabo after 4/23/12 , there is no reason he could not have sent you at least ONE PM. my $0.03 cents :D

Waddya do?

PM me the members name and a link to the part in question if U can. I'll see if I can nudge him/her :violent1: LOL :smile:

Now, let's not turn this into a train wreck over $20

How about everyone take a look @ the Sticky thread posted this morning in the General Discussion Forum and post up some chatter there........:angel1: :thumbup:

I know how you feel. It doesn't matter if it is $20 or $200,it's the principle. I don't like being taken.A deal is a deal, so do the right thing and pay up dude.

Always get paid first. The buyer can wait for the part. Most people deal honestly on this site. Always one or two rotten apples in the bunch. Keep on the guy 'til he pays or returns the part. JMO

It sure works on ebay. Anything less than 97% feedback and I review each of their transactions very close.

However, I have seen people too quick to jump on FABO. In the last year, I recall ThreeRussians or such in Canada that someone ordered from, then soon started a post fussing about non-delivery, then didn't re-post until weeks later, and only after repeated queries from concerned members, said he had received the part a few weeks after payment (not bad for international), but by then ThreeRussians had been kicked off FABO. Was that fair? In your case, 2 mo.s w/ no word, toss them.

I agree, 2 month's is plenty of time. You did the right thing, you gave him time, inquired and got no response and then waited some more. I don't see how calling him out in a public thread would hurt his reputation. Best case, he chimes in and apologizes and sends you your $$$ and all is good. Worst case, no response and he lives up to his growing reputation and alerts the rest of us. You're already out the $20.00, so just keep the thread factual and open for dialogue, and the rest of us will hold our P's and Q's...RIGHT EVERYONE!!!!??? Hope it all works out for both of you!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back