Got hearing aids, can hear but way too much

-
my ear canals are small and they irritate especially my left ear so I don't wear them all the time. I do wear them to church and around my Granddaughter because she talks fast and low. I can hear without them but can't understand what I am hearing. First ones I got when I walked out of VA I wondered where all the birds came from because I hadn't heard one in years, Joe
Have you tried different recievers?
Let them know your problem. I had problems at first also.

Last edited:
She is in college now and better. I have had several different aids through the years and these last ones are adjustable through the iphone and are rechargable, I don't think being 74 years old has any thing to do with it, Joe

I bought a cheap set for 85.00 from Facebook. I mainly did this to see if I could adjust to wearing them daily instead of spending 1000’s and letting them sit in a drawer. Pro’s and con’s so far is yes I can wear them although yesterday was my first time outside the house. And idiot me choose to wear them for my six month physical at my doctors that is from who knows where and wearing a mask. That test didn’t go to well till I explained and we both removed our masks. I’m single so I go days without talking to anyone but my cats and I repeat everything four times to them. Watching Yellowstone I can hear my sink dripping but have trouble with low speaking cowboys with drama music and background noises. My only tuning on this is up, or down so a better pair my be in my future for tuning options on my phone.

Yes, and Yes, but sounds like yours is worse. I haven't tried the hearing aids yet, but I need them. I get tired of asking people to repeat themselves, and I'm sure they're tired of it too...lol. But dang those things are expensive.

Then the lazy bastards need to speak loud and clear the first time. If someone wants me to get their message, they better speak loud the first time, anything else, and they didn't care enough about what they wanted to say to be heard!

1672939836254.png

I agree. The darn actors in Yellowstone have this rusty low gravel voice. "Closed caption "can't even understand them!!!!!!!!!

Here's the interesting thing. Although I have trouble hearing dialog in movies, I have ZERO trouble hearing every single word of commercials.

Why is that....hmmmm :rolleyes:

I bought a cheap set for 85.00 from Facebook. I mainly did this to see if I could adjust to wearing them daily instead of spending 1000’s and letting them sit in a drawer. Pro’s and con’s so far is yes I can wear them although yesterday was my first time outside the house. And idiot me choose to wear them for my six month physical at my doctors that is from who knows where and wearing a mask. That test didn’t go to well till I explained and we both removed our masks. I’m single so I go days without talking to anyone but my cats and I repeat everything four times to them. Watching Yellowstone I can hear my sink dripping but have trouble with low speaking cowboys with drama music and background noises. My only tuning on this is up, or down so a better pair my be in my future for tuning options on my phone.
Even with expensive aids don't expect 100% or even 80. They are what they are and don't expect them to cure your hearing lose. They are an aid and if you go into it understanding that , it helps alot.
I went years before I got mine. I got to the point where I had to do something. The first day I put on the test pair at Costco and walked around and was astounded , I could hear conversations and actually hear people talking behind me. So take it for what its worth get them put them in and get used to them do the research. Good luck

I am on the fence right now, I have Hyperqusis, that may not be spelled correctly. Sensitive hearing, after all of the loud noise in my life, hitting a nail set and bouncing of the nail, PLINK, and my hearing hasn't been the same. Now I hear alright, but am starting to have trouble understanding what I hear, if that makes any sense. They say that the longer you let it go, the harder it is for your brain to relearn what you have lost. I have had tinnitus since I was 4 or 5. In the divorce, I went with my dad, think private heavy equipment operation. My babysitter was a heavy coat on the floor of an old D-8. Or a Dragline , old coat on the floor in front of a straight 8 Chrysler's radiator. So I wear musicians 10 decibel filters or muffs when necessary. They say the really good aids, Starkey, we can get things back under control. Getting close to chucking out $5,500 or so. Will let you know when it happens.

I am seriously considering learning to sign, because I will likely be deaf by the time I am sixty.
WAIT A MINUTE!!! Based on the posts by this cranky fart, I figured he was in his 80s!!! Not even 60... I don't believe it :rofl:

Here's the interesting thing. Although I have trouble hearing dialog in movies, I have ZERO trouble hearing every single word of commercials.

Why is that....hmmmm :rolleyes:
Commercials are louder then the shows on purpose to get your attention

If anyone has a pair of, that a person can still buy batteries for, and can still program (without an ap or smart phone) I'd like to hear about them

If anyone has a pair of, that a person can still buy batteries for, and can still program (without an ap or smart phone) I'd like to hear about them

This is what I bought. Lots of people sound like they really like them. Honestly being old, single, kids living out of state, and stay home a lot I haven’t gotten to really test them yet but I’m telling you I can hear my sink
dripping.

3F40E162-794A-4E7F-B1ED-6BF90C87197D.jpeg

6E7AD3EE-D714-415A-BB13-69D61F2F6067.png

Last edited:

I have that same problem with Yellowstone and the FBI series. I have to have zero backround noise (like Wife jabbering ) to make anything out clearley.

I’ve had mine for 12 years. Uncle paid for them. I was around too many things that Boom!!!Anyway, it will take awhile to get use to them. I turn mine down when I’m driving. Are yours Bluetooth capable?

I’ve had mine for 12 years. Uncle paid for them. I was around too many things that Boom!!!Anyway, it will take awhile to get use to them. I turn mine down when I’m driving. Are yours Bluetooth capable?

If you were asking me no. I’m betting their next release will be.

-
Back