Got Torque Wrench? LOL

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a Sturtevant (Addison Quality) 300 ftlb torque wrench for 30 bucks off Craigs List.

I found some exactly the same on Egay for 200+.

Anyone else got one of these monsters, the dern thing is almost 3 feet long. I bought it specifically for torquing pinion nuts.

Attachments

• torque wrench.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 315
Thats a great deal! I have not seen one ever come for sale around here, but I would have jumped on that quick! Nice Find!

Nice score. I've got a few "antique" dial torque wrenches I scored this year. Just don't trust the "click" one I have.

Good lord Bruce, gonna torque down some diesel heads?(lol!). Nice find.

I just picked up a Sturtevant (Addison Quality) 300 ftlb torque wrench for 30 bucks off Craigs List.

I found some exactly the same on Egay for 200+.

Anyone else got one of these monsters, the dern thing is almost 3 feet long. I bought it specifically for torquing pinion nuts.

LOL.....at work I use a 1" drive tension wrench, it has a 6' long handle and goes to 1,000 ft/lb ( use that one to torque 38mm nuts to 900 ft/lb).....then we have several hydraulic ones.....with one I use regularly to tension 55mm nuts ( OD ), to a torque setting of 2,280 ft/lbs.
Another hydraulic one I use has a 1 & 1/2" drive, and I use that for some bolts....torque setting is 330 ft/lb, then a further 590 ft/lb, then torque turn it 90* degrees......theres 89 of those bolts to do.......all in a days work......:)

LOL.....at work I use a 1" drive tension wrench, it has a 6' long handle and goes to 1,000 ft/lb ( use that one to torque 38mm nuts to 900 ft/lb).....then we have several hydraulic ones.....with one I use regularly to tension 55mm nuts ( OD ), to a torque setting of 2,280 ft/lbs.
Another hydraulic one I use has a 1 & 1/2" drive, and I use that for some bolts....torque setting is 330 ft/lb, then a further 590 ft/lb, then torque turn it 90* degrees......theres 89 of those bolts to do.......all in a days work......:)

Yikes!!! Now that's some torque!!!.....

-
Back