Great, I'm f*cked...Threw a rod...(bearing)

-
Man that's great. I'm glad you got it goin. Now.....watch that band aided bastard run another 200K. LMAO.

Great Job!!

I have had similar experiences, and like you, thought I was screwed. Just digging in, and doing it is a great feeling of accomplishment. It is going to last a good long time:cheers:

I like the advice on using Lucas or something similar in this engine.

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself.

I am very impressed. You went from despair to success in 3 days. I was so happy to read that it is done and works so well. You saved yourself a pile of dough with your work. You should be very proud of your work. I am. Best regards to you. Mike

Great job! Way to persevere under hostile conditions. I've been in that spot before, hours upon hours of laying under there thinking you'll never get it done. Just think, by the time you would have found a replacement engine, pulled it, put the new one in, corrected things you did wrong putting it in, (maybe that's just my step), and then had it right, it would have been a lot longer than 3 days, and not a whole lot less work.

Once again, congrats!

Great fix. I'm just a little disapointed you didn't use any duct tape, it's just not a good driveway fix without duct tape. I wish you many, many miles!!

AWESOME JAMES!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

the " HAHA ALL BETTER" was funny as $H!T LOL

THANK YOU EVERYBODY for the nice comments, and all you guys really helped me get through this. You guys sure are great, I appreciate all the help, advice, and moral support! Thanks again FABO!!!

-James

How does it drive?

It drives terrific! Like nothin happened...I've already put 100 miles on it. Went on the highway at a steady 75 MPH for 30 minutes, went up a couple steep hills, no problems so far! I checked the oil, looks nice and clean.

-
Back