Great Member Alert!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

cudaspaz

Reaction score
Ever since I had my barracuda I have had issues with my 800 CFM double pumper.
Won't start for crap cold, won't start for crap hot.

Had to goose the crap out of it to get moving, dieseled on shut down, some days it ran fine, other days it ran like crap, then it started running rich and the power valve blew out.

I've been talking to Bobby Joseph from BJR racing, and I have seen some of his carb mods, and had a holley 750 that he modified bolted to my car that I borrowed from a buddy and it really ran great but sadly it was a loaner only.

Well, I talked to him on the phone and he told me exactly what to get, so finally after about 4 weeks of saving some extra $$ I bought the carb he told me to get and I drove the cuda up to his shop to let him work his magic on the new 870 cfm street avenger.

Well, brand new out of the box, it had a bad vacuum seal in the pod for the vac secondaries so we had to rob one from one of his other carbs.

He opened up the air bleeds and jetted it to work well with my engine set up, played with my timing a bit and got it dialed in like a Swiss Watch.

Spent quite a bit of his Saturday making sure it was perfect before I drove 60 miles back home.

Let me tell you how this sucker runs now.

With the electric choke it fires up like now!

The throttle response is unbelievably crisp and it sips the gas until I put my foot into it.

And, no more dieseling on shut down.

It fires up hot just as good aas it does cold now, and get this...it idles at 800-900 rpm now where I was never able to get it to idle under 1100 rpm before.

I can finally hear my lopey cam at idle.

I put it to the test on the highway when a dark blue, new hemi charger started messing with me so I mashed it and blew his freaking doors off.

I went from 65 to 100 mph like now!

Yeah I know, not on the street, but traffic was light and the road was wide open.

When I got home I shut it down waiting to pop the clutch in fourth gear, but nope, she shut right down like now, and it ran at 180 degrees the whole way home, even at red lights I used to watch the temp gauge climb, but she stayed dead nuts at 180.

Thanks Bob, you really hooked me up nice man!

Lemme know when I can return the favor.

Disregard disclaimer. LOL.

Sounds like he did you a solid. You didn't say where he's located. I even went to his website and it doesn't say anywhere there where he is.

Thank You Sir,
If you need anything or adjustments just call I can tell you now what to do.

Did you get the new plugs in?

Let me know If I can be of any help in the future.

Well Bob:happy10: I want to thank you for hooking a good man up bud :cheers:

Thank You Sir,
If you need anything or adjustments just call I can tell you now what to do.

Did you get the new plugs in?

Let me know If I can be of any help in the future.

Not yet, they had 7 in stock, I needed 8, LOL.

They should have them tomorrow AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back