Green Envy

-
Ok thanks I will remeasure and write down what I find. I also found that the 8 1/4 rear is a ISO Clamp which is a bite in the butt

Hey Karl ISO Clamps. Makes the car ride extra good, but doesn't help the handling.

100_3849-500.jpg

100_3848-500.jpg

100_3847-500.jpg

that is crazy Cliff , look how my rear is set-up , this is how mine was built. i think you can use your shock plates with the 8 3/4. they must have changed it up from 74-75 using the same clamp type but different shock plate

Attachments

• spring.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 234
  • spring1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 242
  • spring2.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 233
If I knew I could I would chuck it into the river and watch it hit dirt because they ain't much water LOL. Yours looks a lot better than mine.

with your 8 3/4, and shock plates, you can elimate the clamp and rubbers. the springs are the same as any other, nothing special. im sure the U bolts are the same as any other, as long as they are long enough

with your 8 3/4, earlier U-bolts, and shock plates, you can elimate the clamp and rubbers. the springs are the same as any other, nothing special

Well my housing won't work. I measured and my son measured too the 8 1/4 is 47 1/2 in -/+ from the pin to pin under the car. My 8 3/4 Housing is only around 44 in -/+ So for now the 8 1/4 stays.

Well my housing won't work. I measured and my son measured too the 8 1/4 is 47 1/2 in -/+ from the pin to pin under the car. My 8 3/4 Housing is only around 44 in -/+ So for now the 8 1/4 stays.
wow that much difference? you must have an early 8 3/4. mine is 47" from center to center

I don't know if the housing will be long enough if I do.

here is the rear k bushings. the k member is sandwiched between them. i used the hole up above to saturate the top of the bolt to prevent the nut that is welded on the inside of the frame rail from snapping loose. i would soak and soak them for a day or two. you are going to need to use a cheater to break them loose. i hope the k member is not rusted between the bushings, or you will have to either weld some plate there and re-drill the hole, or find another k member. mine was good , so it was just a matter of cleaning, painting and reassembling it.

Attachments

• fe1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 221
  • fe2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 220
here is the front, same thing here

Attachments

• fe3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 221
  • fe4.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 212
  • fe5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 218
hmmm, i dont know if the tabs on the back part of the k member are going to make it. it looks like you may want to just take it all apart. i have a feeling its going to crumble into pieces when you pull the bushing out. if it were me, i would drop the k member.

hmmm, i dont know if the tabs on the back part of the k member are going to make it. it looks like you may want to just take it all apart. i have a feeling its going to crumble into pieces when you pull the bushing out. if it were me, i would drop the k member.

I just hope the bolts will break loose only 2 of the holes we could spray in and that was the back 2.

theres no holes in the front? i would drill holes if not. you really dont want those nuts breaking off inside. if they do snap, you will have to just cut through the bushing and bolt to get it off and then somehow get a bolt back in it

Ok thanks I will do that when it cools off. Most likely in the morning. 102* right now.

:eek:ops: No worries Cliff,I find you another !!!
Damn..Maybe a good reason for another road trip !!!

Ok thanks I will do that when it cools off. Most likely in the morning. 102* right now.
Yesterday we hit 109...all time record for June...Today was much cooler 103...I do not even want to know how hot it was in my shop...
Glad to see you are making progress.
Back to work got a job I got to finish up a car tonight when it cools off a tad...
Martin

:eek:ops: No worries Cliff,I find you another !!!
Damn..Maybe a good reason for another road trip !!!

Yesterday we hit 109...all time record for June...Today was much cooler 103...I do not even want to know how hot it was in my shop...
Glad to see you are making progress.
Back to work got a job I got to finish up a car tonight when it cools off a tad...
Martin

Martin you are welcome anytime. give me a call when you can.

Wow,Cliff! Makin Progress! If interested,I have a pair of Holley (same as M/T) valve covers.Yurs,if you want.May take awhile,(gotta scrounge up freight!).,if interested.......

Wow,Cliff! Makin Progress! If interested,I have a pair of Holley (same as M/T) valve covers.Yurs,if you want.May take awhile,(gotta scrounge up freight!).,if interested.......

Yes Abody I would love to have them. Let me know how much for shipping?

If intersted as well,Trans go Stage 2 valve body(standard pattern,killer shifts) .Yors,on the freebie.Sorry, on a android. Phone.

-
Back