Greetings from the depths of my garage

-

cys68

Reaction score
Hi everyone! my name is Cy and I am the original owner of this 1968 plymouth barracuda...I ordered it in May of 68-midnite blue coupe, formula s package, 383, 4speed, 3.91 gear, bucket seats...YES I SAID COUPE! This is the only new car I ever bought and it's been with me ever since. The motor has been out 2 times(71,88) and its a number's matching survivor. This car according to Chrysler is 1 of 154 for 1968. I have all original parts and documents however it really means nothing to me because I never plan on selling it...i do think it will make a nice coffin!
Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard015.jpg

cuda06.jpg

Thanks guys! Il get some interior picks up real soon! As for the rite choice...it was a good choice, but it woulda been better if the salesman knew the hemi code:-D

Hemi code wouldn't be any more fun for you, cause you are keeping it anyway! LOL. Looks great, enjoy!

original paint yes, last year for midnite blue, however it has 41yrs of scratches and dings...and I have a story for each one haha

Sweet ride, leave the paint as is.
Did you buy it from Clyde C. Netzley Chrysler/Plymouth in Naperville, IL?

Thanks again! I bought it from Mark Motors in Arlington Heights...still has the sticker on the bumper...next to my Carthrage college parking permit that expired in '70....wow, I'm getting old!

Welcome to the forum. That car has a very nice stance. Wheel and tire details please ?
I wouldn't want buried in one. Just sprinkle some of my ashes in the passengers seat.

Nice to see such a classic and original!You must have Cudawrinkles?LOL!From smiling since 1968!Beautiful!

Thanks again! I bought it from Mark Motors in Arlington Heights...still has the sticker on the bumper...next to my Carthrage college parking permit that expired in '70....wow, I'm getting old!

Whadya mean old.I bought my 1st car in '68. Can't tell ya what it was,too embarrassed,lol.We're not getting older just faster!

thanks again everyone! I think my son would ***** if i got his pants dirty with my ashes haha! The rake on the car is helped out by a set of 40yr old sky jacker air shocks, 15x7frt/15x10 centerlines in the rear...235-60/275-60 BFG tires

Wowwwwwww, now if that isn't cool!!! Not many on this board have your claim to fame Cy. You made all the right decisions back then, but your latest and greatest is joining this board. It's an honor to have you with us.

Welcome!!!

-
Back