Grumpuscreature Has Had A Heart Attack!!!!

-
My families thoughts and Prayers are with you and yours on this day of need. Mary be strong. The Dr's will do a great job. Besides those angels are closely watching over. From central Kansas. Jeff

My thoughts and prayers will be with your whole family for him to make a compleate and fast recovery.

My prayers with you and your family, may the good Lord give the doctors the strength and knowledge to preform what tasks need to be preformed to bring this man healed back to his family. Let the power of prayer in numbers be the sword to defend this attack.

Hang in there Grumpus, Thoughts and Prayers to you and yours.
Expect to see you back here soon.

The heart cath was not successful. The doctor's told me that he has an 85% blockage in his pulmonary artery and three other blockages that are 30% or less each.

David will be going to have Open Heart Surgery THURSDAY AT 1:00 PM.

His is true to his screen name and he has been exceptionally GRUMPY with the medical staff and with me as well. I know he is scared. He is in denial of his severe condition, guys.

On top of the fear, the doctors have not been able to get him to take his chronic pain mediation and on top of that the hospital has a non-smoking policy .

Fear, Prescription pain med's withdraw and nicotine fits... talk about a sad/bad combination...

I had to come home to retreat and regroup. I have to keep me wits about me.

I really appreciate all the prayers and support,

keep them comin'. please.

Thank You All

~Mary
:angel7:

Prayers sent for a successful surgery and speedy recovery. God bless you and your family through this stressful time.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I certainly hope he will wise up and quit the smoking etc for his (and your) benefit. Some times people are just to pig headed to see the light even with the possibility of death staring them in the face. This I do not understand.

But my thoughts are with you and your Grumpy, and I hope all goes well tomorrow. Maybe, HOPEFULLY he will do the right thing. If not for himself then for YOU.
Good luck

Wow Mary... I wish him the best. Me & Amy are sending our prayers and hope there's a complete, and speedy, recovery.

Mary our thoughts and prayers are with you, David and the kids.
We hope for a speedy recovery.
I'm sure he'll come around.

god bless you all

Tom and Mary

Oh my, he`s got to undergo heart surgery. I was hoping he could avert that. Nowadays open heart surgery is a mundane procedure (not trying to minimize the seriousness) but the success rate is very high! Please reassure him that he`s going to be fine. As I said earlier and concurring with 68 Sedan, David (Grumpuscreature) is going to have to learn to live without cigarettes, alcohol, and more than likely certain foods. Yup, he`s probably going to hate the rehab period. On the bright side it sounds like you`re fantastic support for him, and with your help he`ll do just fine.

Good luck to Grumpy and you also Mary. Words can only help so much but having you at his side is the best thing for him right now. Good luck again and I hope it all works out for the both of you.

Terry

The open heart is much better than stints, my brother had stints and has been back four times as they clog very fast. Grump is right God is with him as are all of us.
Blessings Bruce

Mary, open heart surgery has come a LONG way. My father in law had a quadruple ( I think) bypass in 1992 and has been doing great. He had to change his diet, and a few things that I can't remember. But that was a whole lot better than the alternative. Hopefully when he wakes up from the surgery he'll say F%&k those cigarettes.
More prayers sent, Neil

My dad was the first to have bi-pass surgery in Western Canada as I recall, that was in 1970 I think, he was 37 at the time. He had two more after that every 8 or 9 years at which point he couldn't have anymore even if needed. He died just before his 68th birthday, 14 years after his 3rd one. The surgery has improved dramatically and I fully expect David will feel better than he has in a very long time and live a long and healthy, albeit grumpy life :-D

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and do convince him to quit smoking

Mary - Lots of prayers and best wishes to both the Grumpus, you, and the kids for a quick recovery and return to health. You guys are a fair distance from SoCal, but tell Grumpus he better be done with smoking and anything else that that's bad for his health, he better be minding both the doctors and your instructions or me and a bunch of other FABO members will be on his doorstep to kick his butt - and tell him I'll do it while standing on my new knee (Grump and I had our knee surgeries earlier this year about the same time and corresponded via FABO about the recovery process)!
This heart attack was a serious warning that it's time to change. Remind him he has a responsibility to both you and the boys to be around for as long as possible and the cigarettes are robbing all of you of his future time.
I know I come across very strong on cigarettes but I lost my father, my grandfather, and too many other family and friends to cigarettes.
Again, our prayers and best wishes for a quick and complete healing process.
Ken (ocdart)

-
Back