Guess what this is for, weird tool

-
The last picture is a drill bit sharpener...I think...
It is. And I might have a photo of the instructions.
written on the inside of the box it came in.

well can't find it on the 'puter.
@charliec If you want, I can take a picture of the instructions. It might not be the exact brand/model but it will be similar.

Last edited:
I actually don't know what this is. Cleaned out my dad's shop and this came home with me.
Vintage wooden carpet punch or upholstery tool, usually made in shop.

Carpet Punch or Upholstery Tool.png

It is. And I might have a photo of the instructions.
written on the inside of the box it came in.

well can't find it on the 'puter.
@charliec If you want, I can take a picture of the instructions. It might not be the exact brand/model but it will be similar.
Thanks, that would be helpful.

One of these tools you got to have them, use them once, and then the bottom of the tool box they hide....unless you do this type of work professionally.

squaresets.JPG

No gentleman no welding here, or at least they are not design for....

D4B8C699-107B-4190-B95A-3A3AB1338CC1.jpeg

These are for marking/locating the holes for installing a rear spoiler that uses threaded receivers built it to them. Since the holes for the bolts to go through from the underside can’t be correctly located otherwise, they get placed in the holes and then taped to the car when fitting the spoiler so that when the spoiler is removed, they stay and mark the hole locations for drilling.

I last used mine to put the spoiler on my Chrysler 300 C.

C420FFAD-53F6-44FC-B117-2ED51F4ED159.jpeg

D85C7550-14B4-4A51-AEF9-D36618B6B309.jpeg

1D0E2399-ED43-4E87-B805-C1C8906A6732.jpeg

One of these tools you got to have them, use them once, and then the bottom of the tool box they hide....unless you do this type of work professionally.

View attachment 1715466046
I know i saw them somwhere, the brass gave it away, for laying out stairs is one use, clamp on the carpenter’s square.

Then there was this, discussed on the other thread. Guys, dont give it away yet!
F1798D26-7762-48EF-9A2D-58DDEDEF4AD1.jpeg

Without a doubt and no doubt about it is a chain breaker and pin set......lol.

Without a doubt and no doubt about it is a chain breaker and pin set......lol.
that is what i thought post #163 looked like
then one pops up, and i dont recognize it

i remember using a 4 inch cut off wheel and a center punch to break chain, these fancy ones sure make it a little easier

banghead.gif

-
Back