Guys...my Cuda got hit

-
Mike, sorry to hear and see about your cuda, Everytime I look at that picture I cringe a little. Glad to hear everyone is alright. I hope that the cuda is back on the road again soon.

Damn Mike, that sucks. Just picked up Mopar Muscle at the news stand yesterday and read your writeup too. Hope you're ok man.

aint that a ***** ....ps some how that sounds so familiar!! anyway its good your not hurt and able to fix the damage. a good friend of mine wasent so lucky. :headbang:

Gezzzzzz, it almost allways seems to happen this way. Just getting your car to a great point and enjoying it and Wham-o!
Wishing you the best. Hope your OK!.
Whatcha get tagged with?

awh man! that freakin sucks :( sorry bout that, awh im so bummed right after the mm cover :( keep us posted on it and what happened

i know the feeling about wrecking your old classic that u put alot of work into, really really sucks man very sad :sad1: to bad you arnt closer my dad could fix it up nice, he owns a frame shop/machine he got my dart into better condition then i though it would be with some pulls.

Did you bust the other car's lip too? That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you're ready to sell it now, what do you want for it? :wink:

Mike...?!?!! MIkkkkeee..!?!?!?!??!

hmm Anyone else taken notice of the fact that we all assume mike is ok?

has anyone actually HEARD from mikey?

And ya what did you hit? tell me it was atleast chrysler product.. if it was a ford or a chev i would get it checked out, it might have deseases now..

EWWWY FORD COODIES YUK!!! :headbang:

Bummer man!!! Hope your ok and the other guy too. Sure sorry to see your nice ride looking like this but as least it don't look like my first Cuda did when I wrecked it. It was nearly in 2 pieces.

With your talent you'll have it looking like new in no time.

Thanks everyone, sorry everyone is ok. Car not so much, I'll be rounding up parts the best I can, given me moving and having to find another driver once I get there, and a job. Funds will be limited.

Car will be fixed, however not anytime soon. It will get some somewhat serious work done to it before shes back on the road. upgrading brakes/suspension, new metal where it needs to be on the wreck, build my 360 to go in, repaint the engine bay, repaint the car (likely), subframes, etc, etc. It will be back, better than before (hey maybe even some new wheels ;) ) and it will be done right and be ready to go!

I'm gonna need atleast 6months or so I'm sure. But ill be workin my *** off!

So far I've been told it should run me about 3-4grand to get it just back to how it was. Or so. But it will come back better than it was, hopefully repainted and the whole bit. But the worse news is the insurance will likely try and total it, charge me money to keep my car and I'm stuck with the entire repair bill. So it might be awhile fellas...it'll come back with a mild 360, overkill brakes, rebuilt suspension and some fresh skin. Someday... :(

$3-4K Mike?!? Ughhh... my body guy offer still stands for you. Let me know... I'm sure most of the cost is going to run in parts...

And thus the reason I say you can NEVER have to big a set of brakes in a daily driver. Glad to hear you are ok. Have you discovered exactly what failed? Also, are you mad?? (mentally) I love those black steelies you had on that thing, man they make that car look awsome! The paint and wheel combo is perfect, I personaly wouldn't change it. One other thing, more as advice to all the others out there. I understand that insurance can be spendy, we all also realize how hard it is to fix one of these things after it has been smucked (ok, so not everyone realizes it, but once you've had the misfortune to try to fix one thats been smucked, you'll never forget it) thus the reason it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important to have insurance that reflects the true value of the car, not just liability or "so-called" full coverage. Even the full coverage offered by some of these insurance companies today is a joke, and will cost you a fortune. Search for companies that specialize in collector cars, it will cost you way less in the long run.

As I and others have said, damn glad you were not hurt and we all await the rebirth of that outstanding machine of yours. We also expect and anticipate serious coverage and documentation of the process. Peace brother moparite!

krabysniper said:
And thus the reason I say you can NEVER have to big a set of brakes in a daily driver. Glad to hear you are ok. Have you discovered exactly what failed? Also, are you mad?? (mentally) I love those black steelies you had on that thing, man they make that car look awsome! The paint and wheel combo is perfect, I personaly wouldn't change it. One other thing, more as advice to all the others out there. I understand that insurance can be spendy, we all also realize how hard it is to fix one of these things after it has been smucked (ok, so not everyone realizes it, but once you've had the misfortune to try to fix one thats been smucked, you'll never forget it) thus the reason it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important to have insurance that reflects the true value of the car, not just liability or "so-called" full coverage. Even the full coverage offered by some of these insurance companies today is a joke, and will cost you a fortune. Search for companies that specialize in collector cars, it will cost you way less in the long run.

As I and others have said, damn glad you were not hurt and we all await the rebirth of that outstanding machine of yours. We also expect and anticipate serious coverage and documentation of the process. Peace brother moparite!

Thanks, we'll see if the wheels stay or not. Nothing is set it stone there. We have all the reciepts for the insurance company for everythign on the car hopefully will help keep them from totalling it. We'll see. I have 11 3/4" brakes for it and a late model master cylinder. car will probably be repainted and a mild roller magnum head 360 will replace the 318 when we repaint the engine bay after the inner fender swap.

We'll keep ya posted. Probably no real progress for a few months.

dude that sucks. a few weekends ago my dad was rearended while he was driving the challenger to work. so i know it pretty much sucks. good luck with everything. dave

Sorry Mike just heard, :sad: I'm glad your fine. :) As stated earlier...hopefully she'll be back together in no time and of course better then ever. Good luck with everything.

Mike, I know it hurts man, trust me, I know. I still havent taken any pictures of my caved 1/4 panel. Good things will come out of this though. Why my throttle return spring broke a few months ago, I accidently trashed my 904. What did I get? A pretty stout 727 and my 3.55's installed! Chin up Mike, it will be a better machine than before! Good luck to you, I cant wait to see what you come up with :)

I'm sure there's got to be a Mopar loving body man in Florida who would cut you break on the body stuff. If you were around here I'd set you up with my paint man-extrordinair.

Bummer, at least no one is hurt - I'd be concerned about what went wrong with the brakes. If you find out let us know, maybe it'll help someone else from the same fate.

-
Back