guys running TTI exhaust on their dart.???

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
any of ya running turn downs instead of chrome tips? any pictures?? i have turn downs and feel they stick out way too far.. i think they look stupid..

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012_3.jpg

I kinda like them. Looks like they did a nice job from here.

Doesn't look bad. The turn downs on my SB Dakota were done about 10" under the truck and I do like it like that better.

turn downs, I like them, don't think they stick out that far.

Chrome tips would look sweet too.

I think you'll find the chrome rear bumper will stay cleaner, less corroded, the further the exhaust outlet is.. just a repeated observation.

Or remain vigilant maintaining/cleaning/waxing the rear bumper.

hope it helps.

ps .. looks good to me,

I agree.....doesn't look good....the way I have seen turn downs done that looked good, was tucked up under the valence further, so the tip part was right at the edge of the valence. The last few cars I did I just used the "pypes" tips from summit that resemble the factory ones

Mine don't stick out at all. My rear bumper sticks out way further than the 73 and older ones. I think the chrome tip would look better on yours.

I agree.....doesn't look good....the way I have seen turn downs done that looked good, was tucked up under the valence further, so the tip part was right at the edge of the valence. The last few cars I did I just used the "pypes" tips from summit that resemble the factory ones

I have 2 1/2" TTI's on a 68 dart. They seem to be tucked under more than these. I like the turndowns personally.

iok thanks guys.. the tail pipes are made for 67-76 darts i think.. i was thinking when looking at it that if it was a 67-69 or 74 up with the bumpers that stick further out that they wouldn't stick out as far.. i'll have to get it on the ground and really look at it.. i may just cut the turn downs off and move them back 1-2"..

iok thanks guys.. the tail pipes are made for 67-76 darts i think.. i was thinking when looking at it that if it was a 67-69 or 74 up with the bumpers that stick further out that they wouldn't stick out as far.. i'll have to get it on the ground and really look at it.. i may just cut the turn downs off and move them back 1-2"..
I was going to suggest cutting them off an inch. probly will affect the rear bumper more tho. don`t look bad to me .

Joe, I did the TTI exhaust with the turn down ends on a '71 Duster, they were just like that. I think they look great BTW.... Car is looking great.Looked at the build last night.

Had chrome tips on my other dart and the bumper never got dirty. The balance once in a while but it was no big deal.

Joe, my lower valance and bumper stay clean,plus it keeps the sound from exiting under the trunk, which seems to lessen the volume inside the car.
Which mufflers did you go with?

If you cut yours back it would look better. I'm not a fan of chrome. I'd go polished stainless tips if you went that way. Here are mine. TTI 3" to 3" Tips.

10685553_10204960777048563_439296892838861523_n.jpg

20150430_150855.jpg

yea i don't want chrome tips.. too flashy for the look of the car.. i'm gonna end up cutting them back but i'm still using the turn downs.

My Valiant isn't as uncouth as your Dart, but I think she is respectable. If I ever re-do the exhaust, I'm thinking of low-profile oval slash cut in front of the rear tires

a26a6ad35108c24d765c0a752283f431.jpg

yeah, I know that, as that is what I have. Are yours the same length

Guess it depends on where you have them end in relation to the huge hanger they provide. Mine don't seem that far out, and don't touch the valance either. They do look good tucked in a bit like you did.

-
Back