H4 conversion

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Does anyone recommend any special light or sell relay kits or what all do I need to get a little more light. Im currently running a 67 barracuda with sealed beam headlamps. I saw some H4 conversions on ebay for 50 bucks are they junk?

I use a good set of sealed beam headlights, feed them through high current relays and had them aimed by a good shop. They work every bit as good as my new Accord. Could they be better, probably but they are more then I need for the way I drive.

So whats a good set of sealed beam? Who makes them where do they sell them?

Get some halogen bulbs, I bought some at Advance Auto Parts....they'll have them when they look up your car. Then, you'll need to install some relays, a 30 amp relay for the low beams and a separate one for the high beams are fine. feed the power off the starter relay.

I mounted my relays on the front side of the core support. you can just cut the wires and put connectors on them if you want, but I'd put larger wires in from the relay to the light bulbs.

My lights work just as good as the ones on a modern car.

So whats a good set of sealed beam? Who makes them where do they sell them?

Did you even LOOK at the info I provided?? Honestly beginning to wonder why I make any contributions here at all....

I did, ink,, great info. answered all my lighting questions, from the very best source..
I hadn't seen it before .. thnx..

(PS) appreciate all your posts,, cheers.. " you can lead a horse ... " lol

We have a member here "crackedback" that makes a custom wiring harness kit with relays for our cars. He uses high quality parts, relays, connectors, etc.

I purchased & installed one on my Demon and the results were much brighter headlights and no more discharging on the Amp gauge. It was a simple install.......truly plug n' play!

Here's the thread with info.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=216514

This is more money than I had figured for the little I drive at night I may have to wait for some bonus money to come into. The truck light lights looked
nice but 200 a piece is a little steep, however I have found you get what you pay for usually. Inkjunkie I did see your post will the relays alone wired in help the sealed beams from what Im reading?

Thanks for the mention 6pk.

The relays aren't hard to put in. Wiring and properly terminating is the issue along with the headlight plugs.

I have all iterations of set ups, from parts only, parts and wire, ready to plug and play. Let me know if I can help

... the results were much brighter headlights and no more discharging on the Amp gauge. ...
[/url]

The relay didn't stop the battery discharging, it just blinds you to that because that current no longer passes thru your ammeter. Ideally, all current flow into or out of the battery goes thru the ammeter. The factory designed it that way, other than a few under-hood transient loads like the starter and horn, plus a few special accessories like a police spot-light. However, the ammeter and associated wiring can melt from the load, so many modify the factory design, as I did. My approach is the only one that keeps the ammeter fully functional, yet protected.

They state 100 W max. Crack open any high-school Physics book (or wikipedia) and you will find P = I*dV. I'll let you figure how 2 bulbs would draw 14 A max at 14 V alternator output, so your 30 A relay would suffice. Learn to use this for all your future custom wiring jobs.

In general, more lighting is safer, but not when you blind on-coming drivers with these "off road" bulbs. Most newer cars on the road today are running around with fogged out plastic lenses (M-B oval lenses are the worst!), so give them a break.

We have a member here "crackedback" that makes a custom wiring harness kit with relays for our cars. He uses high quality parts, relays, connectors, etc.

I purchased & installed one on my Demon and the results were much brighter headlights and no more discharging on the Amp gauge. It was a simple install.......truly plug n' play!

Here's the thread with info.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=216514

I second this

-
Back