Harassed on the way to the nats?

-
i was harrassed a few years ago at the carlisle event,,highly modified car,,,ticketed for inspection violations,,,and then he had the nerve to tell me i had a nice car,,,,,its all money driven,,they dont chase the bad guys cause they have guns,,,

That's kinda the way it's always been. Not saying that it's right but, who gets/drives a car like that? Someone that is going to use it sooner or later :)
My duster is a townie ( around town only ) and I've only had it out on the hwy a handful of times but on 2 of those occasions I've had officers ride just off the drivers quarter.... I'm assuming to get a nice look ;) and run the plate :lol: but not once "yet" ( knock on wood ) have they ticketed me for the missing marker lights or pulled me over just to "see what they can find" ( but then again I don't speed either because the blue bomber gets toooo much attention.
As a matter of fact I know a lawyer that drives a nondescript gold 4 dr sedan because, as he says it, "There's no reason to look twice at it". So there must be a profiling rule of thumb, as crappy as that is.

Be careful how much of a nondescript of a car you drive. I was driving my mothers 97 Neon through the town I work in about two years ago. It's losing the paint on the trunk lid and sort of looks so-so. I got pulled over, for no apparent reason by a marked car that followed me about two miles. When the officer gets up to the door he says I don't have a front plate (true). There are lots of cars without front plates, some of them in the parking lot at the police station I might add that the cops themselves drive. Anyway, I get a warning for no front plate which is fine, but the car has never had one, came from a state that didn't use them and has no bracket. Never been stopped before until the paint started to flake off. He was obviously profiling for insurance violations. I gave him the reason he needed by not running the front plate. I guess people that drive beaters don't have the money for insurance either.

Sorry that happened. That's the kinda publicity we don't need in Georgia. I've had cops ride my bumper before. Everytime they do and stay there too long I pull off on the shoulder with no signal and stop. had a few stop in behind me and when they got out, i told them that i didn't appreciate tailgating, because it was one of the biggest contributions to accidents and that I was breaking no laws. Everytime they've backed down and told me to have a nice day. If you're not in the wrong, you're not in the wrong. You can't stop somebody for what they're GONNA do.

My parents got caught with out of state plates while driving through VA.
They had to pay cash right there for the speeding fine.

Just be careful when driving out of state in anything, you are much more likely to get a ticket.
Doesn't matter what you drive.

It happens here in SoCal too. While driving my Dart I have been pulled over for no reason with non given. He asked for my ID ran it and my plate then handed back my ID and left. I have also been tailed and had them go out of there way to do it.

It all comes down to money and the fact that 98% of cops are worthless when it comes to "protecting and serving" the public.

Wow!!! never had any problems in the last 25 years in the Chicago area (knock on wood)

sounds like he got pulled over for speeding on the way there.. ok? he was wrong and got a ticket for it. big deal, why cry about it? yea yea yea the mini van was going faster... guess who had outta state tags.. yea the challenger.. that happens in every state and every one should know that... they have nothing better to write about in that magazine???

The Cops are not worthless, for the most part, Just under a lot of pressure to gain revenue.

"i was harrassed a few years ago at the carlisle event,,highly modified car,,,ticketed for inspection violations,,,and then he had the nerve to tell me i had a nice car,,,,,its all money driven,,they dont chase the bad guys cause they have guns,,, "

Uh huh, that's why we go out every day and arrest people who commit murders, molest children, rob banks/stores, etc., cause they, the Bad Guys, never have guns.
Oh wait a minute; they DO have guns. My mistake, or was it yours, Fast Fish?(lol)
In all honesty, if you drove your 'Cuda through Pennsylvania with the blower poking up through the hood the way it is in the photo I would have stopped you, too. It doesn't comply with PA. Vehicle Inspection Requirements, at least not the ones I enforced when I was up there. I had a guy I stopped with a similar setup who was in Western PA. from Eastern Ohio to attend a car show, and he got upset when I stopped him to chat with him about his blower. His argument was that PA. Inspection Law didn't apply to his car because it was registered in Ohio. I politely pointed out to him that we weren't in Ohio at that particular moment, and that the second he crossed the PA. State Line Pennsylvania Law applied to his conduct as well as his vehicle. I didn't write him up, other than to write a Written Warning Notice (which cost him nothing; just indicated we stopped and chatted about the blower in case he was stopped again while he was in PA.) and send him on his way.
Please don't adopt a blanket judgement of all police officers because of the (possible) actions of a few people in uniform. I've been in this profession almost 30 years and the vast majority of the people I've worked with really want to do the right thing by the Public.

He was obviously profiling for insurance violations. I gave him the reason he needed by not running the front plate. I guess people that drive beaters don't have the money for insurance either.

X2. Down here, you are much more likely to be pulled over in a beater. I'm more afraid of a fender-bender than a bad accident because so many people do not have insurance, and DLs. That's where the easy money is.

Here in Ontario Canada,the police have new scanners that can scan any plate and in seconds they know wether you have fines,no insurance,invalid plates/sticker.I,ve never been pulled over in either one of my vehicles(2 Mopars and a Ford truck)they just smile and give a thumbs up!.8)

I lived in Virginia for 58 years and have never heard of paying a ticket on the spot. Your parents got hooked by a crooked cop or had a great story. If you contact the Va. State Police they will tell you the same thing. Truth be told if you get a ticket from a Va. State Cop you did something wrong, they do not work on any Quota system nor do they pull people over for the fun of it. Small County Cops could be a very different story. All told it sucked no matter what.

"i was harrassed a few years ago at the carlisle event,,highly modified car,,,ticketed for inspection violations,,,and then he had the nerve to tell me i had a nice car,,,,,its all money driven,,they dont chase the bad guys cause they have guns,,, "

Uh huh, that's why we go out every day and arrest people who commit murders, molest children, rob banks/stores, etc., cause they, the Bad Guys, never have guns.
Oh wait a minute; they DO have guns. My mistake, or was it yours, Fast Fish?(lol)
In all honesty, if you drove your 'Cuda through Pennsylvania with the blower poking up through the hood the way it is in the photo I would have stopped you, too. It doesn't comply with PA. Vehicle Inspection Requirements, at least not the ones I enforced when I was up there. I had a guy I stopped with a similar setup who was in Western PA. from Eastern Ohio to attend a car show, and he got upset when I stopped him to chat with him about his blower. His argument was that PA. Inspection Law didn't apply to his car because it was registered in Ohio. I politely pinted out to him that we weren't in Ohio at that particular moment, and that the second he crossed the PA. State Line Pennsylvania Law applied to his conduct as well as his vehicle. I didn't write him up, other than to write a Written Warning Notice (which cost him nothing; just indicated we stopped and chatted about the blower in case he was stopped again while he was in PA.) and send him on his way.
Please don't adopt a blanket judgement of all police officers because of the (possible) actions of a few people in uniform. I've been in this profession almost 30 years and the vast majority of the people I've worked with really want to do the right thing by the Public.

well maybe ur ONE of the good guys,,but,,,i have NO repect for most people in the line of public work,,they use and abuse every day,,,the state of pa is way behind the times compared to other states as far as older car laws,,,and im lucky to put 1500 miles a year on this car,,,and the officer that stopped me is a known officer that hangs around during ALL the car events at carlisle,,,now the state of PA wants to put up red light cameras,,,not for safety as well needed here in the state of dont know how to drive PA,, but the red lite cameras that function poorly,,will be to fund the STATE POLICE retirement fund,,,maybe i should put some lights on my roof and turn them on when i need to get thru the red traffic lights,,

Here we have a Sunday evening cruise night. The police have been instructed to stop as many cruisers as possible & go over the cars with a fine toothed comb. Tickets have been handed out for not having functional windshield washers, tailights that are not DOT approved, altered suspensions, etc. Two weekends ago they stopped 141 cars & they made sure that not one car passed.

I lived in Virginia for 58 years and have never heard of paying a ticket on the spot. Your parents got hooked by a crooked cop or had a great story. If you contact the Va. State Police they will tell you the same thing. Truth be told if you get a ticket from a Va. State Cop you did something wrong, they do not work on any Quota system nor do they pull people over for the fun of it. Small County Cops could be a very different story. All told it sucked no matter what.

some states require payment on the spot if you are an out of stater,,, some have agreements with states that border each other and will not require on the spot payment,,wasnt a crooked cop,,,

Last summer I was in Minneapolis with my 66 Coronet. No hood and tunnel ram. I stopped at a gas station. There were 2 cops there. I got nervous as they were looking at my car when I came out. Just asked me what size engine and that it was a cool car.
:cheers:

here's my blanket judgement, while in high school my buddy had a 2 door volare that was bright orange and had dual exhaust. He was pulled over 27 times in 1 year by multiple cops and never given a ticket, you know why he wasnt ever given a ticket? because his car was 100% legal (he even cut up his $400 exhaust to make it that way which aint a big deal now but when your 17 $400 may as well be 10 grand) and he was never breaking the law while driving (always used his blinker, speed limit, car registered and insured, the whole bit) so at what point does this become harrassment? 30 times a year? if cops are not in fact worthless, then how did this serve the public in any way? my circumstances were different except it was only 6 times in 3 months, one was for going 36 in a 35.

now the state of PA wants to put up red light cameras,,,not for safety as well needed here in the state of dont know how to drive PA,, but the red lite cameras that function poorly,,will be to fund the STATE POLICE retirement fund

there was an article in one of the papers last summer i think it was that Philly had to refund something like $250,000 in red light camera fines because they were timed wrong. there is supposed to be a set amount of time that the light should stay yellow before it goes red and it was set too fast.

its also a proven fact that if they extend the yellow light so many seconds that it reduces red light runners more then the camera will. but its easier for the states to spend millions on cameras and collect the cash with short yellow lights..

Here we have a Sunday evening cruise night. The police have been instructed to stop as many cruisers as possible & go over the cars with a fine toothed comb. Tickets have been handed out for not having functional windshield washers, tailights that are not DOT approved, altered suspensions, etc. Two weekends ago they stopped 141 cars & they made sure that not one car passed.

because they need funds any way they can get them,,,,with more and more people out of work,,,,less taxes being paid,,,there funds are drying up,,,they invent ways in PA to ticket you and make money

all tho the local cops are kool most of them are car guys,they understand we arent the bad guys,,,

You have a point, it's the 99% that give the 1% a bad name.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/08/18/georgia.police.officer.indicted/index.html

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/ci_15772710

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/24602326/detail.html

I could post another 100+ articles quite easily.

And my personal favorite:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wKRKGqYZjI"]YouTube- Slo County Sheriff's deputies violate 4th amendment rights of Matt Hart KCCN.tv Part 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PI4rkECqWg"]YouTube- Slo County Sheriff's deputies violate 4th amendment rights of Matt Hart KCCN.tv Part 2[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfFbX1CE4zA"]YouTube- Slo County Sheriff's deputies violate 4th amendment rights of Matt Hart KCCN.tv Part 3[/ame]

Out of the umpteen so-called deputies recorded here on dashboard cameras, not one of them says, "hey this is wrong". I'm assuming then that this is SOP for these goons who are no doubt wanting to do the right thing by the public.

philly is the test bed for the red lite cameras,,,in 2 years 2 million bucks has been collected,not one penny spent to fix the worst roads in america voted over 20 years running,,,,now they want red lite cameras in 50 cities in PA,, including pittsburg,,,pitts burg will be allowed to keep 25% of the funds t odo what they want,,the rest all goes to fund the state crooked cop retirement fund,,,and they make 120 grand a year salary,,,any one see a problem here??????

also the cameras are known to take pics of cars making legal right hand turns,,,cars that stop to far past the white line(thats ok with me) AND other malfunctions,,then you have to take time from work to fight the mal functioned 100 dollar ticket you get in the mail,,,no questions asked,, then they think cop killers should be put to death,,but if a regular JOE was wacked,,its not a big deal,,, they picked there profession,,they know the risks,,,they are no better then the regular JOE,, we need a revolution to take back this country,,if you were or are in a public position,,i say OFF WITH YOUR HEAD,,, rant rant rant,,, thats what living in the mid atlantic region will do to you,,,

-
Back