harbor freight tools?????

-
has anyone used their pressurized sand blasters. i was thinkn bout getn the 40lb capacity. it would cost me 80 dollars to rent a real good one for the day so i figure why not spend an extra 30 or 40 and own one ,but if its gona be nothin but something to make my head explode when it breaks i'll save the money and the headache. thanks for all the replies so far it kinda seems like a split decision!!

never used sand vlasting stuff but welding helmet $50 from them has worked great, all the chicago punamatic and pitsburb electric stuff has been gre and they sell cheaper welding wire and tips. tools where there is safety at risk like lugnots i try to use higher quality stuff but sanding, masks and such i dont mind their stuff. usualy you know when it brakes and sometimes you can return it for a new one and it will last. they usualy break after just a lil use if they will break

We don't have a HF here in Canada, but we have a Princess Auto which is very similar.
I've bought quite a few things from HF when I go to Fargo ND(the closest one to me) and like has been mentioned,you get what you pay for.
I think of it like this....if you need a tool for a certain job and it lasts long enough to finish, it's paid for itself in saved time and well worth it in my book.
I have Snap on and Mac tools that have failed just as quick as the cheapo stuff.

JUNK, dont waste your money....although i did make custom wrenches i bought there by cutting and welding for hard to reach areas . Was not going to cut up snap on or matco wrenches.

JUNK, dont waste your money....although i did make custom wrenches i bought there by cutting and welding for hard to reach areas . Was not going to cut up snap on or matco wrenches.
No Mac Man in your area? toolmanmike

Only complaint I have is their spray gun's,good for shooting thinner.I have one of their angle grinders with the cut off adapter, lasted longer than the Mac it replaced at a 5th the cost with a lifetime warranty,Mac no warranty.

That's not good that the Mac die-grinder didn't last longer. They all have a
1 year warranty. I replaced two Mac right angle die-grinders today that i sold the guy 14 years ago. One was locked up and the other still worked but the head was getting loose. This guy builds tow trucks for a living and abuses the heck out of everything he owns. He wouldn't buy anything else but Mac. Die grinders spin at 20,000+ rpm. They are a hand grenade when they explode.
I don't trust $25 tools. toolmanmike for 20 years

-
Back