Head scan...

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Doc is finally concerned enough about my headaches and dizzy/light headed feeling that he is sending me out for a ct (?) scan of my noggin.....

Good luck, Doug. We'll be praying for you.

Been there, done that. Ended up gettin bone carved outta my sinuses to correct a deviated septum and trimming on the turbinate.

Last one I had they said I was brain dead! Just kidding,never did find an answer for the earth moving. Just live with it. I will keep you in my prayers that they find cause and can fix it.

Been there, done that. Ended up gettin bone carved outta my sinuses to correct a deviated septum and trimming on the turbinate.

Had the septum thing done......ENT was talking about the turbinate thing to help with being seriously plugged up in the a.m. but decided to hold off for now....

Thanks folks. The headache is getting a bit old....

Going for a CT scan tomorrow....hopefully the headache lightens up some by then....

Prayers sent. Good luck on the scan, hope they can find the cause and work on a solution.

Had one of those, I was told "nothing in there causing any problems!"
Seriously though, not much worse than a headache to bring a man to his knees.
I hope this is an answer, and not wasted time and money.

get 'er dun

will probably take 2 weeks for results if it's anything like around here
Having it down at one of the hospitals by Inland Imaging. Normally they are pretty quick with the results. Doc should have the results by late tomorrow afternoon....

Had one of those, I was told "nothing in there causing any problems!"
Seriously though, not much worse than a headache to bring a man to his knees.
I hope this is an answer, and not wasted time and money.

Ernie told me the other day that she hopes they find something....kind of a goofy thing to say. But I have been having these headaches and dizzy feeling for some time now. Along with some other problems that the doc has been reluctant to go after. Taking testosterone injections, my levels are middle of the road yet I am absolutely zippo drive. Have all this crap to do outside, the weather is great and all I do is sit here. Back to having sleep troubles again, cpap aint doing squat. Ernie used to watch Dr. Oz all the time. After he talked about thyroid troubles she had me checking my temperature for a few weeks before getting out of bed. My average was 95.8 after 2 weeks, from what he said and what she has read on WebMD etc that is a pretty good indicator of a thyroid issues. Have been having the series of blood tests done, doc is saying my thyroid is normal. But now with the headaches and light headed crap happening he is thinking I may have a tumor on the pituitary gland...this little bastard is in charge of hormones....which, if I do have a tumor on the gland, would explain a lot of things....

Thanks for the well wishes....

Doc just called, everything is normal.....frigging head is pounding today...

I feel for ya man. I went though years of tests trying to figure out my chronic pain, weakness, and sore/still muscles and joints. Had every test you could think of.
Was treated for a while for rheumatoid arthritis, tried all the popular drugs, nothing made me feel better.
Then changed docs cause my was moving. New doc thought it was something else completely. Tried a bunch of other drugs, nothing helped.
Gave up for a few years and just lived with it.
Then started seeing a new guy, ran a bunch of tests and says I have adrenal fatigue. They also found out my testosterone level was 11. Doc said it was the lowest he'd ever seen, said that was like nursing home level.
We tried the creams, with no luck, and then went to the shots. Now my level is like 850.
When I first started on the shots I could tell right away, it was like I got my life back. I had energy to do things, but now after a couple years, it seems they aren't helping as much, but I'm sure its still helping.
But, I still have chronic pain in the muscles, joints, and frequent feeling of just being too tired to do anything, or feeling too weak to do anything.

Sometimes I think these doctors are just playing a quessing game and they don't really know whats wrong with you. And they don't want to take the time to figure it out. They just throw drugs at you till something helps with the symptoms.

One thing you have to watch out for with the T-shots. At some point you body might start converting testosterone, to estrogen. That's where I'm at now. T is high, but so is the estrogen. Taking pills for it, it's not coming down. Big surprise. If we don't figure out how to get the estrogen down soon I might start growing man boobs or something. lol

Good luck

Dude, I have a cyst on my pituitary gland. That bastard causes more trouble than a room full of monkeys.
I have hormone levels that do stupid things, no energy, weak as a kitten, cant see 1/2 the time and I get irritable and jittery as hell. I was getting headaches, but they gave me Topamax for that.
They didn't see it at first, they had to discover it with hormone levels by the Endo doctor. Then they were able to do an MRI and find the bugger. It isn't coming out as the surgery scares the bejesus out of me. The whole idea of drilling behind my nose under my eyes is very disconcerting. You should see the cocktail I take in the mornings, and the syringe I get once a week. Whoo Hooo! Better living thru chemistry!

I feel for ya man. I went though years of tests trying to figure out my chronic pain, weakness, and sore/still muscles and joints. Had every test you could think of.
Was treated for a while for rheumatoid arthritis, tried all the popular drugs, nothing made me feel better.
Then changed docs cause my was moving. New doc thought it was something else completely. Tried a bunch of other drugs, nothing helped.
Gave up for a few years and just lived with it.
Then started seeing a new guy, ran a bunch of tests and says I have adrenal fatigue. They also found out my testosterone level was 11. Doc said it was the lowest he'd ever seen, said that was like nursing home level.
We tried the creams, with no luck, and then went to the shots. Now my level is like 850.
When I first started on the shots I could tell right away, it was like I got my life back. I had energy to do things, but now after a couple years, it seems they aren't helping as much, but I'm sure its still helping.
But, I still have chronic pain in the muscles, joints, and frequent feeling of just being too tired to do anything, or feeling too weak to do anything.

Sometimes I think these doctors are just playing a quessing game and they don't really know whats wrong with you. And they don't want to take the time to figure it out. They just throw drugs at you till something helps with the symptoms.

One thing you have to watch out for with the T-shots. At some point you body might start converting testosterone, to estrogen. That's where I'm at now. T is high, but so is the estrogen. Taking pills for it, it's not coming down. Big surprise. If we don't figure out how to get the estrogen down soon I might start growing man boobs or something. lol

Good luck
You are the second person to speak of the estrogen thing.....after what happened today the wife is a bit more concerned than she has been so she is going to start pushing the doc...

Dude, I have a cyst on my pituitary gland. That bastard causes more trouble than a room full of monkeys.
I have hormone levels that do stupid things, no energy, weak as a kitten, cant see 1/2 the time and I get irritable and jittery as hell. I was getting headaches, but they gave me Topamax for that.
They didn't see it at first, they had to discover it with hormone levels by the Endo doctor. Then they were able to do an MRI and find the bugger. It isn't coming out as the surgery scares the bejesus out of me. The whole idea of drilling behind my nose under my eyes is very disconcerting. You should see the cocktail I take in the mornings, and the syringe I get once a week. Whoo Hooo! Better living thru chemistry!
Better living thru chemistry! That is how I survived the last 5 years of my sentence with the USPS....

Hey ink, you ever been checked for TMJ?
No I have not....but I will ask the Doc about it.....

I fell again today. Was the sixth time in the past few months. With having lumbar spinal stenosis any impact to my spine is not a good thing....have been told that with what I have wrong in my back impacts like the one you get from falling could put me in a wheel chair....

-
Back