Headed to the Dyno. Any guesses?

-

LIME TWIST DART

Reaction score
Headed to the Engine Dyno on Monday or Tuesday. Just thought it would be fun to see what you guys expect out of this Stroker.

The motor came fresh and never fired with my '69 Dart.
It was built 3 years before I got it and although I talked to the original builder and had him send over the paperwork, I wanted it looked over. So, I had a local builder open her up to verify the setup, parts, cam, compression, etc. I was also concerned about the condition of the springs. Everything was as expected/advertised.

I decided to do a couple things while it was open.
-Port the heads
-Valve job
-Thicker push rods

Also, the Holley was setup for E85. I expect this was for the convenience of pump fuel on a high compression motor,(12.5 to 1). I had it completely gone through and set up for gas.

Its a street car, but definitely not a daily driver. Will be mated to a 904 and a 3:91.

Here is the setup:
408 stroker
LA 360 Bored 30 over.
Full roller.
Eagle 4" Crank.
Ross Pistons.
MAKE BORE STROKE ROD LGTH DOMECC DOME HT. GRAM WT. C.H. PART NO.
360 4.030 4.000 6.123 3.0 11.5 479 1.459 99789^
Comp Cams 20-740-9 Xtreme Energy™ Mechanical Roller.
Edelbrock Performer RPM's. Surfaced and stage III ported.
Edelbrock Victor 340 Intake Manifold. Port matched.
Holley 4150 850 carb.
MSD dist/coil/wires.
3/8 pushrods.
ARP head bolts/main studs.
Isky Valve Springs 9265.
Billet Timing Set.
Melling High-Volume Oil Pump M72HV.
POWER BOND BALANCERS PB1004-SS.

Thoughts, guesses and dare I say opinions? lol
Thanks

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 670
If the compression is truly 12.5 to 1 it should be making some good numbers. I will take a wild guess corrected at 575 hp.

I made 575HP with that cam and head package on pump gas 9.7 to 1 a few years ago, so 600HP+ is my guess if the head work is up to it.

Thought you would prefer that. Good luck, sounds like it'll be great. By the way, I predict that will be on the 2nd or 3rd pull. After minor jetting and timing, you'll hit 574hp 530 tq on the 4th pull. How's that for specific! lol

First shot on the pump, and without any serious thought, i'll go high 5's on HP and mid 5's on Tq. How high are you planning on spinning it right out of the box? I'm guessing just either side of 6k. Don't need any scrap metal the first time out...lol. Good luck. I hope it lights up the numbers. :thumleft:

P.S...Since jasper is going all specific on us...lol. I'll go 555lbs ft. @ 4800 and 580hp @ 5800. I think the carb may limit the top end numbers just a hair. jmo from a late night on the east coast. :D

So it's a pump gas engine if I'm reading it right? 12.5:1 compression ?

I say 510 Hp if it's pump fuel 500tq. Reason is if it is pump fuel, you will be most likely have to keep the timing under 30* so it don't detonate which will rob a bunch if power.

Pump gas 91-93 octane no chance... E85 it will run well.

Who knows for numbers. Seen too many dyno queens get waxed by much lower rated engines from other dynos. If it makes 600hp and runs 120mph in a 3000# car... sum ting wong!

It should make at least 550/520 with decent headwork and tuning

So it's a pump gas engine if I'm reading it right? 12.5:1 compression ?

I say 510 Hp if it's pump fuel 500tq. Reason is if it is pump fuel, you will be most likely have to keep the timing under 30* so it don't detonate which will rob a bunch if power.

Pump gas 91-93 octane no chance... E85 it will run well.

Who knows for numbers. Seen too many dyno queens get waxed by much lower rated engines from other dynos. If it makes 600hp and runs 120mph in a 3000# car... sum ting wong!

It should make at least 550/520 with decent headwork and tuning

It will be run on 100. At least until I get tired of dealing with it. Then I'll either switch over to E85 or leave it to run autocross and build another one (car) thats streetable with pump gas. Definitely high octane for now.

I made 575HP with that cam and head package on pump gas 9.7 to 1 a few years ago, so 600HP+ is my guess if the head work is up to it.

First shot on the pump, and without any serious thought, i'll go high 5's on HP and mid 5's on Tq. How high are you planning on spinning it right out of the box? I'm guessing just either side of 6k. Don't need any scrap metal the first time out...lol. Good luck. I hope it lights up the numbers. :thumleft:

P.S...Since jasper is going all specific on us...lol. I'll go 555lbs ft. @ 4800 and 580hp @ 5800. I think the carb may limit the top end numbers just a hair. jmo from a late night on the east coast. :D

Thats why I was asking MRL what carb they ran with the above mentioned setup.

Before the port work, I felt the carb was perfect. It was gone through before I had the head work done. A little concerned it will be a little light. However, I have a lot of trust in my engine builder and especially my carb guy. They agreed that we could squeeze enough out of the carb to keep up on the street. It is a real nice setup. If the #'s were less than stellar and I wanted to get everything I could out of it, I would have to consider going a little bigger on the carb.

I think your motor should make around 590 to 600 HP with no problem. good luck

If the carb is set up for e85, it won't work well on any pump gas, especially race fuel.

It will be run on 100. At least until I get tired of dealing with it. Then I'll either switch over to E85 or leave it to run autocross and build another one (car) thats streetable with pump gas. Definitely high octane for now.

Downs Fuel has 100 Street Blaze and VP 110 right out of the pump. Just thought I would pass this along. Your in San Diego, I am sure they have one down by you. I have a commercial account with them. 24 Hour Fueling that way.

Us here in CA are screwed when it comes to E85. There are only a few places that carry it. Closest one to me is about 45 Miles away. You can however get set up with a Delivery Service that will drop off 55 Gallon Drums to your location. Got to be careful with that though cause I heard the shelf life is not very long like that.

-
Back