Headers

-

zigs

Reaction score
Anybody use these . Add says for 70 Duster 318, 340 360. Will fit other year small block abodies.$196 shipped
s-l1600.jpg

I don't know anything about that brand, but I can tell you from experience, every time I've bought cheap headers I had problems. Leaks, crooked flanges, plug access, fitment, durability... you name it. I gave up on cheap headers about 15 years ago, now I just bite the bullet and pay for the good stuff. Best of luck to you whichever way you go.

I don't know anything about that brand, but I can tell you from experience, every time I've bought cheap headers I had problems. Leaks, crooked flanges, plug access, fitment, durability... you name it. I gave up on cheap headers about 15 years ago, now I just bite the bullet and pay for the good stuff. Best of luck to you whichever way you go.
I'm a ways off just looking came across these . Only thing I didn't like is the flange looked too thin.

The flange doesnt look that thin, but the driver side looks like it would hang low like the rest of the cheapos.

The flange doesnt look that thin, but the driver side looks like it would hang low like the rest of the cheapos.
I was thinking they looked like the old school cheapies I took out of my car. Expensive one's going in.

POLISHED STAINLESS , NUMBER 3 AIMED INWARD TO CLEAR STEARING COUPLER . THIN FLANGES BETTER FOR FITMENT KEEPS THEM TIGHT TO MOTOR . NUMBER 8 LETS ROOM FOR OIL FILTER WITHOUT ADAPTER ..

ONE THING I CAN TELL YOU IS I JUST INSTALLED A SET OF TTI LARGE TUBE .HAD TO USE A MANUAL STEERING BOX AND STILL HAD TO TAP THEM IN AT PLACES. THEN THERE GOES THAT COATING YOU PAID FOR.. LOOK HOW THE SSTEERING SHAFT RUBS THE TUBE WITH STAINLESS HEADERS YOU CAN HIT THEM AROUND THERE IS NO COATING TO REPLACE SO THEY DON'T RUST .

STEEL MOUNTS WERE USED OR THEY HIT WHILE IDLING AND ACCELERATING WITH TTI. THESE ARE PICTURES OF THE TTI. NOTE THE WAY THEY RAN THE NO.3 TUBE WHICH PUSHES NUMBER 7 OUT. THEY ARE ALSO JUST AS LOW AS THE DEEPER PAN. THE LAST PICTURES ARE HOOKER LARGE TUBE.

I AM GOING TO CHECK INTO THE STAINLESS HEADERS ABOVE. STAINLESS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THEM ON FOR A LONG TIME. THANKS FOR THE LINK.

DSCN0031.JPG

DSCN0032.JPG

DSCN0091.JPG

DSCN0092.JPG

DSCN0094.JPG

DSCN0097.JPG

DSCN0098.JPG

Steve 046.JPG

DSCN1670.jpg

DSCN1671.jpg

Those EBay headers are the same design as all the Hedman/FlowTech/Hooker/Summit and on and on. People have used them for decades. I've used several sets bent the same way. No problems in fit or function. If you run shorter than stock height tires in the front and run lower than stock front ride height, then you may run into ground clearance issues. I never did because I wasn't stupid about it. Never had one issue going over the tallest of speed breakers or anything else.

They look to be the same low hanging cheap garbage that's been out forever just a different name.

Do yourself a favor and but Doug's or tti.

I don't like the idea of beating in an $800 pair of headers. For that money they should fit without problems. I've read probably 100 threads on here about brands and fitment. Some people say TTI or Dougs are the best and others say they don't work, others say cheap work and other people say cheap don't work. I understand every car is different but most of us are running same equipment , either manual or power steering , large or small starter ,V8 K frame or /6 with mod. 318, 340, 360 engines.
My build is a72 340 stock heads , manual steering with Borgeson knuckle mini starter /6 k with V8 mount adapters. Now if anyone has the same thing as me and has headers they installed with no problems I'd like to hear about it.

Last edited:
As the tubes get bigger, your room runs out right quick. I run 1.875 tubes, but I didn't have to dent anything. My headers new in the late 1980's were over 800 bucks. But they fit and I can get to all the spark plugs etc.

I don't like the idea of beating in an $800 pair of headers. For that money they should fit without problems. I've read probably 100 threads on here about brands and fitment. Some people say TTI or Dougs are the best and others say they don't work, others say cheap work and other people say cheap don't work. I understand every car is different but most of us are running same equipment , either manual or power steering , large or small starter ,V8 K frame or /6 with mod. 318, 340, 360 engines.
My build is a72 340 stock heads , manual steering with Borgeson knuckle mini starter /6 k with V8 mount adapters. Now if anyone has the same thing as me and has headers they installed with no problems I'd like to hear about it.

Follow the engine location directions for the tti headers and they should fit without denting. God only knows what the guys who complained did to their install. I see all kinds of goofy user errors on the various forums in frequent

I may end up going with stock manifolds. Looked at 68-70 340 manifolds their not cheap either but fit.

I may end up going with stock manifolds. Looked at 68-70 340 manifolds their not cheap either but fit.
I have a pair waiting in the wings for my 318. TTI makes nice exhaust systems for them too. (which mine needs)

Follow the engine location directions for the tti headers and they should fit without denting. God only knows what the guys who complained did to their install. I see all kinds of goofy user errors on the various forums in frequent
No matter what way I go the manifolds will be on before engine is placed in car. yellow rose on here cut his drivers side to thread it through the steering .By the way he lives close to me , met him a couple weeks ago , we had a good visit . Very knowledgeable person.

I put the 340 manifolds on our dart and man the exhaust was a pain in the ***. My tti headers and exhaust were much easier. Tti headers have better plug access too. Not that the manifolds are horrible in that department.

I put the 340 manifolds on our dart and man the exhaust was a pain in the ***. My tti headers and exhaust were much easier. Tti headers have better plug access too. Not that the manifolds are horrible in that department.
So joe do you get a kick back from TTI ? If not you should.

See if Magnum logs fit. You may get away with a common 360 driver side and a Magnum passenger. I think the big mouth xxx318 early casting Magnums flow better than the 340s if you can get them to fit.

So joe do you get a kick back from TTI ? If not you should.

No. Just speaking from honest personal experience. And if you look I said Doug's or tti. And if talking about early A's I recommend Doug's. Tti does make a damn nice exhaust system though. Once fitted to my manifolds it tucks up awesome.

s-l1600.jpg
I think if you look at the CR header , the #4 tube would come back and interfere with the steering box compared to TTI
TTI340A.jpg
bottom picture . Passenger side look to be close. Too bad they don't make loners to try.

-
Back