headlight ring differences?

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
Okay guys, I need this answered: are the headlight rings physically different between the standard '72 Gold Duster grille and the sharktooth? I've heard they were, but...

dodgepower's car came with the standard Gold Duster grille and his grandfather and I was able to score a sharktooth for it by climbing a pile of cars at a buddy of our's junkyard years ago. The car the grille came out of was missing the headlight rings so we just put it in with the standard rings from the car. They mounted fine. That being said, is there really any difference, other than color, between the two sets of rings?
If there is any difference anyone able to post side by side pics for comparison's sake?

Thanks, guys. Like I said when we put the grille in the car oh so many years ago we did it with the original rings and they mated fine, so I was kinda questioning the information I had read many years ago about it. Or maybe my memory's just shot. I wanted to be sure on it.

Robert, you could email that guy with the sharktooth grille on the Vancouver craigslist thread to get a definitive answer!!! He sure knows his stuff!!!LOL!!! Geof

Robert, you could email that guy with the sharktooth grille on the Vancouver craigslist thread to get a definitive answer!!! He sure knows his stuff!!!LOL!!! Geof

Probably related to the guy who could wound out his 383 to 12 grand...:-D

Back in 71 the then wife rear ended a Mustang with our 70 Duster. Since they were going to replace the grille I ordered the 71 sharktooth ($43.10). When I went to pick up the car the original grille was in & the sharktooth was not. They made the swap before I accepted the car. The sharktooth headlight bezels have a different finish since the grille has a different finish. Any 70, 71, 72 Duster grille and headlight bezels will interchange. Still own the Duster with the same 71 sharktooth grille & 70 bezels.

-
Back