Heads up about Amazon Prime Scam

-

Walker434

Reaction score
On May 4th of this year I ordered a gooseneck hitch for the Ram 2500 my wife and I bought for our business. The truck came with the factory 5th wheel hitch and gooseneck hitch so I bought one of the drop in hitches.

Anyway, the cheapest place I found the hitch I wanted was Amazon. I bought the hitch and hit the 2 day free shipping button. The hitch arrived and everything was good.... until today when I saw a $108 charge on my account????

I called Amazon and apparently when you hit the 2 day free shipping button it automatically signs you up for a free 30 day trial on Amazon Prime you don't know about. Then when that is over they charge you $108 without telling you.

I called and got my unknown about membership cancelled and my money back so everything is good. This is just a warning to FABO in case you didn't know about this.

Thanks,

So you thought someone was actually going to give you 2 day free shipping? On a trailer hitch?

So you thought someone was actually going to give you 2 day free shipping? On a trailer hitch?

Hey...it is what they say. I did it this past weekend with a camera and now I am worried.

I used the offer last month, but I did not feel tricked. I read the fine print first. Now my account has been charged also, but I am taking advantage of the benefits.

It's not a scam. In fact if you haven't used prime since the expiration, they may retract the fees. I accidentally did the same thing and cancelled a day or two after the trial was over. When i cancelled, they refunded me.

I have purchased many times on Amazon.

The two day option clearly indicates that choosing it will also subscribe you to Amazon Prime. Frankly I see no reason to even choose the 2 day shipping. I choose standard and more often than not the stuff shows up in three days or less. In one order I made it showed up the next day. It all depends on which warehouse the item ships from.

I saw no fine print that's what pissed me off. I was just trying to be helpful with this post so others don't make this mistake. I have my $108 back so it's not a big deal. This is why I don't post much because somebody is bound to try to make me look like an idiot. (Post number 2)

Thanks for the info. I will look out for this. MT

I saw no fine print that's what pissed me off. I was just trying to be helpful with this post so others don't make this mistake. I have my $108 back so it's not a big deal. This is why I don't post much because somebody is bound to try to make me look like an idiot. (Post number 2)

Walker,

I do not think anyone is trying to make you look stupid. It is just that the basic concept of nothing in life is free is something we all must always keep in mind. And as far as the Amazon Prime? Pretty clearly indicates the annual fee will be charged once the trial is over.

For some who buy a lot on Amazon, paying an extra $100 a year for free 2 day shipping makes sense if urgency of need is always a factor.

Letting people know about Amazon Prime is fine. You were being considerate to inform the board.

It also sounds like you don't do much business with Amazon, which makes it all the more understandable that you didn't realize what you were getting yourself into. It's all good, Amazon does a good job making things right in situations like this, and we are all the wiser thanks to your warning. Thank you!

i have prime and love it. i order a ton of stuff from amazon.

hard to believe that it wasn't pretty clear as to what was going on. amazon is usually pretty good about that.

No idiot, you have a Dodge truck!!!

No idiot, you have a Dodge truck!!!
And WTH is wrong with a Ram, Dodge truck? MT

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 240
  • 006.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 230
And WTH is wrong with a Ram, Dodge truck? MT

Did a double take myself when I read that post but I believe he meant "No, your NOT an idiot.You have a Dodge truck"

Working at a huge Global Manufacturer I have been involved in and witnessed countless times poorly communicated messages being misinterpreted that has lead to:
1) Incorrect orders being generated
2) Incorrect orders being shipped
3) Components made incorrectly
4) Assembled incorrectly
5) Tested incorrectly
6) And on and on and on.

All of these things have led to lost customers(revenue), productivity (non value added cost), Substantial fee's associated with contractual obligations, Disciplinary actions, Injuries, and on and on.

EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION is not only essential, it's invaluable !

Amazon Prime is an Awesome deal for those that are frequent buyers with the free 2Day shipping and Free movie streaming. It's not for someone that rarely buys on Amazon and not all purchases are eligible.

^^^^^^^^ you got! It sounds f.ine when you say it, but Sometimes isn't as clear in writing.
You're not an idiot, you have a dodge!!!! I have an 05 dually. Me guesses no idiot here either! ����

NICE looking RAM truck you got there MT.

I occasionally order on Amazon but not enough to warrant paying for prime. I use standard shipping, and like Spinman said, it usually arrives amazingly quick.

I have the prime deal. We watch all sorts of shows/movies using the service. It's pretty cool.

The real scam with Amazon Prime is that they tell you the expected delivery date is June 2nd, but what it REALLY means is that UPS is delivering it to the USPS on the 2nd and the USPS gets it to your door whenever they damn well please.

Thanks for the heads up, told my wife her response was that she just got prime, but she hasn't been charged. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have done that if she knew that cost was coming, she's going to cancel as it's within the 30 day trial period (she thinks).

Yeah for some people Amazon prime would be great. I just don't buy enough stuff from them or watch much tv, so I didn't need or want it. I was only upset because hitting the button signed me up automatically with out my knowledge. Then when my 30 day free trial (that I didn't know I was on) was over I was charged. It's all good now though they made it right.

The real scam with Amazon Prime is that they tell you the expected delivery date is June 2nd, but what it REALLY means is that UPS is delivering it to the USPS on the 2nd and the USPS gets it to your door whenever they damn well please.

You know thats correct. I had something shipped from Or to so. Ca and it took 6 biz days...but they shipped it ups and i was watching the tracking. It made 4 hops at a day+ a pop and finally to my house at 6pm. I could have riddem my bike there and back in 6 days....but usps priority flat rate makes it cross country in 3 days sometimes? Strange.

Well I am amazed.

Have two families visiting this weekend. The inflatable mattress I have seems to leak air. So I decide to go buy one at WalMart. Only problem is they do not have the good quality one in stock.

So yesterday I ordered the best rated one from Amazon. This will be for future use. Just ordered for regular shipping.

Guess was just got delivered on Sunday?

The air mattress I ordered yesterday. Who needs Amazon Prime. LOL !!!

Tom

-
Back