heater coil/ ac parts

-

mikess68

Reaction score
a little help here

when i take the heater box out to change the heater coil, does the AC parts stay or come out with the box. 1972 Dart swinger. sounds silly, but just want to know if i need to disconect the ac hoses running to the firewall etc.. also the vacc bottle mounted on the pass inner fender. does anyone have a diagram of the routing of the vacc lines, from where to where etc. .. while the box is out i figured to replace all the lines too. tks.

any help here? just wondering if i have to unhook the AC to removed the heater coil. don't know if ac stays under dash if heater box is removed. anyone know or know of "how to" article. i would aprec. tks

OK ONE MORE TIME. SOMEONE HAS TO OF HAD TO CHANGE A HEATER COIL IN AND a/c DART 72. DOES THE AIR COME OUT WITH THE HEATER BOX? PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. IM ON HOLD TILL THEN. TKS ..

If I remember right you don't but the bolt can be tricky to get at mine is a 74 though not sure how much they differ but it work sort of like 2 seperate systems the heater core portion of the box can be removed completely seperate of the condensor. You should be able to look at the firewall to see where each part is I believe the heater core is to the middle of the car and then look at the box they are fairly simple but just for the sake of add stress you might want to consider pulling the glovebox and maybe the radio or a/c controls for easier access and line of sight be careful when you remove the vacuum fittings from the controler they are plastic and can be brittle

OK ONE MORE TIME. SOMEONE HAS TO OF HAD TO CHANGE A HEATER COIL IN AND a/c DART 72. DOES THE AIR COME OUT WITH THE HEATER BOX? PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. IM ON HOLD TILL THEN. TKS ..

To answer your question, yes you do have to disconnect the A/C lines. The heater core is in the same housing as the evaporator core. The entire unit has to come out so you can split the case to change the heater core. Also don't forget to loosen the HOOK bolt on the passenger side where the vent door is. It is a long rod that holds the case tight against the Cowl vent. Look inside the vent door you'll see it. I can tell you it is quite the job, in other words it's a pain in the A$$.

-
Back