Hellcats not impressed..

-

stroked340

Reaction score
There were a couple of hellcats at e-town this past weekend quickest pass i saw was a 11.02...for $65k not impressed.

Not impressed? That's incredible. They say 10.8 with drag radials. Thats faster than cars that cost 3 times that amount.

There were a couple of hellcats at e-town this past weekend quickest pass i saw was a 11.02...for $65k not impressed.

Really, with good handling, a/c, sound system, power everything, almost 200mph top speed, good mileage, and a warrenty !

The 2015 Mustang GT with the Ford Racing Supercharger, with a bunch Ford Racing chassis mods and no passenger and back seat runs ~11.5

So 11.0 off the show room ain't bad.

What tires? Track conditions? Diver? It's not always the car.

I think this is the first time the OP actually called the car a "Hellcat".....

stroked340 not impressed. So he started another thread about hellcats. He has a few helpful posts from time to time.... But for all the Bitchin he does, not impressed.

Damn. I would like to see your Wife/Girlfriend then, She must be a 10.

Those times are pretty much dead on.
My Friend just bought one (challenger).
It ran 11.08 on the stock tires & ran 10.80 on drag slicks.
Also ran a warmed up Caddy. outran it with ease.

65K is a bargain for this car.

They impress the hell out of me and I am sitting 50 ft from a $1,004,000.00 Porsche 918 !

It's one thing to get a car to run 10's if it's just a drag car. It's another world to pass emissions / safety standards / be comfortable / reliable / corner / brake / quiet
and not to mention MASSED PRODUCED !

Not impressed means there is no way he could ever afford a hellcat let alone a 6 cyl version. :D

I'm not impressed with a 2015 Porsche GT3.......sigh. :pale:

stroked340 not impressed. So he started another thread about hellcats. He has a few helpful posts from time to time.... But for all the Bitchin he does, not impressed.

OL-AA553_BS4_DV_20120808192718.jpg

Damn. I would like to see your Wife/Girlfriend then, She must be a 10.

Those times are pretty much dead on.
My Friend just bought one (challenger).
It ran 11.08 on the stock tires & ran 10.80 on drag slicks.
Also ran a warmed up Caddy. outran it with ease.

65K is a bargain for this car.

yes,im pretty impressed,how could you not be.

You ever driven one ? I have , very impressed , corners , brakes and goes like hell . My fiend pulled a 10.86 with street tires , imagine with slicks and a modded computer that lets it rev above 6,000 rpm . Lots of potential left in the car with a few computer tweaks .

Not to mention that they weigh about 4300lbs. Low 11s/high 10s. I've also seen a few outrun the new Z06 Vettes. Meh. Not impressed.

Just getting ANY platform that weighs over 4K into the low 11's impresses me.............

I would just love to have a whole Hellcat Drivetrain and do what *** monkey, Roadkill did. Pricey high HP engine and put it in a 3000 dollar car Now that is hot rodding, A car that looks like **** but is a Rocket-ship....ahhh a kid can Dream.

not trying to jack this thread but i was just talking about what limegreen said yesterday with some buds.

So TECHNICALLY once u slap that motor in the car (in CA) you are now bound to the emissions regs of that modle year....

I dont care how much power it makes, if it requires smog it aint ever going in one of my old cars..

Just something i was kicking around with my buds.

Have a great day and lets get some wrenchin done.

Fine. Build one that will beat it AND have a 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Good luck!

First time you take it in for warranty work with a broken part from beating on it there won't be a warranty.
4400 pounds? Thing weighs more than some pickups I have owned. In today's forced induction world 700 ponies ain't squat. Kawasaki 1l pushing 326 ponies. Spend some time over at the turbo forums. Guys running LS's and Windsor running in the 9's on pump gas. Spoke with several folks who made close to 4 digit power numbers with a straight from the boneyard LS truck motors using knockoff turbos.
If folks would just drop the "Mopar or no car" narrow mindset you may see some truly amazing things...

First time you take it in for warranty work with a broken part from beating on it there won't be a warranty.
4400 pounds? Thing weighs more than some pickups I have owned. In today's forced induction world 700 ponies ain't squat. Kawasaki 1l pushing 326 ponies. Spend some time over at the turbo forums. Guys running LS's and Windsor running in the 9's on pump gas. Spoke with several folks who made close to 4 digit power numbers with a straight from the boneyard LS truck motors using knockoff turbos.
If folks would just drop the "Mopar or no car" narrow mindset you may see some truly amazing things...

What factory delivered stock Ford, Chevy or whatever has 700 hp? Or seats 4 passengers? Or runs very low 11's. If so, I'm impressed. Even if it doesn't exactly hit those numbers. That supercharged Cadilac, it's impressive.

In life, it's possible to be impressed with more that one thing or one brand. I didn't see where people here say the Hellcat is the only vehicle that impresses them.

I was literally sitting on the starting line at the Mopar Nats and saw one go 10.98 at I think 124. Pretty sure it had drag radials but don't know what else. Others were in the 11's and a lot depends on the driver. I love watching the NS/SS cars run and they are another animal, Stroker big blocksor Hemis with high compression. Try taking one of those through a bank drive through with the A/C and tunes on.

Dodge had a mini drag strip set up and was giving rides in 2 Vipers and 2 Hellcat Challengers side-by-side all 3 days. Then they "autocrossed" back to the starting line. ALL DAY LONG! I understand they did the same thing at Carlisle. My son got rides in both Viper and Hellcat and the driver told him they made 1400 runs on Friday. This is run after run in hot August weather. They literally were wearing out tires and brakes doing this. The Vipers stayed in first to 65 MPH and I could hear the Hellcats make one auto shift then HARD on the brakes.

Not impressed from showroom cars capable of doing that?

What factory delivered stock Ford, Chevy or whatever has 700 hp? Or seats 4 passengers? Or runs very low 11's. If so, I'm impressed. Even if it doesn't exactly hit those numbers. That supercharged Cadilac, it's impressive.

In life, it's possible to be impressed with more that one thing or one brand. I didn't see where people here say the Hellcat is the only vehicle that impresses them.

Well put. I didn't, either. I also didn't say a word about how affordable it 'ain't' or if I would actually buy one if I could -- afford one.

Dodge had a mini drag strip set up and was giving rides in 2 Vipers and 2 Hellcat Challengers side-by-side all 3 days. Then they "autocrossed" back to the starting line. ALL DAY LONG! I understand they did the same thing at Carlisle. My son got rides in both Viper and Hellcat and the driver told him they made 1400 runs on Friday. This is run after run in hot August weather. They literally were wearing out tires and brakes doing this. The Vipers stayed in first to 65 MPH and I could hear the Hellcats make one auto shift then HARD on the brakes.

Not impressed from showroom cars capable of doing that?

Same thing at 'Mopars At The Strip' in Las Vegas earlier this year and they were begging people to come to the front of the line to ride in the Vipers - everyone wanted a ride in the Hellcats.
I rode in the Hellcat and was extremely impressed. Especially with it being an assembly line car with a warranty.
I agree - $65K is a bargain for the performance, comfort, reliability combo.

I'm impressed! Now, I wouldn't go buy one, but they are one hell of a deal!

Now that Hellcat power train in my beater '64 Dart, now THAT would be a dream car!

-
Back